Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:28 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by danfl44
It's a dry airline, but for the rest, the service is completely fine, and seats on the 787 are reverse herringbone (+ A320 from ATH is lie-flat).
All the Europe and Asia flights seem to leave from the new terminal in JED now, which I've heard is quite pleasant. Can't vouch for it.
I've flown SV before and agree that these fares are a spectacular deal. The food is above-average for business class, service is fine, and the SV 787/77W seats are ideal for very tall people (along with CX/BR). I can live with no booze and blurred cleavage on IFE, but the looooong layovers at JED are a serious downside. Would appreciate any reports about the new lounge.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by jpdx
I've flown SV before and agree that these fares are a spectacular deal. The food is above-average for business class, service is fine, and the SV 787/77W seats are ideal for very tall people (along with CX/BR). I can live with no booze and blurred cleavage on IFE, but the looooong layovers at JED are a serious downside. Would appreciate any reports about the new lounge.
But there already the tourist visa available for most EU countries and UK (lol) + North Americans + Australians + few Asian nationals - I heard some scary stories about the JED layovers, but I dont think its necessary to camp on the airport anymore.. Especially considering the price of the ticket
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:53 am

Adding to the first post, ATH-CAN is euro 847 return.

Cheers.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:46 am

Nice thanks op. Will also add ATH to JNB and MRU in the same ball park.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
ATH-SIN available only one-way?
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:39 pm

I cannot find confirmation . when transit in RUH/JED is approx 12 hours (night connection). do they permit to exit in the city (to sleep in the hotel) without visa/insurance?
Old Dec 22, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Vermoth
I cannot find confirmation . when transit in RUH/JED is approx 12 hours (night connection). do they permit to exit in the city (to sleep in the hotel) without visa/insurance?
If not mistaken you need a visa (which for many countries) is now simply an e-Visa application... If not you are stuck in the airport...
Old Dec 22, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
I think they actually require a visa (if you're not eligible for a visa on arrival) for any connection of 12 hours or more.
Vermoth likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:06 pm

It's a great product,especially the A320 flat beds from Athens.

Just be aware.........
Unless your Sam Chui,you will get shouted at if taking pictures in Saudia airports.
It seems it's not a security risk to take photos if your him,yet everyone else is a terrorist!
NoY, DALtoAAL, justsawaufo and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
It's a great product,especially the A320 flat beds from Athens.
Just be aware.........
Unless your Sam Chui,you will get shouted at if taking pictures in Saudia airports.
It seems it's not a security risk to take photos if your him,yet everyone else is a terrorist!

As far as I know I'm not Sam Chui - but I did never had any issue taking pictures at RUH or JED before. I took some pretty cool shots both in the terminal, from the bus, while boarding. Last time at JED we were bused to the plane which was parked far out near the Hajj terminal. As it was a lovely sunset I let the other pax of my bus board first, and I just waited in front of the stairs snapping some pics of the A330 and the airport sunset. Nobody seemed to mind. Maybe you were just unlucky and ran into some employees having a bad day?

Anyway I'm onto this deal as well after having done the FCO run two years ago and the IST run last year. This time it will be KUL on the 787 - I won't risk another old angled flat B777 like last year's trip to Manila. The fare is a good excuse to take an Asian holiday (I guess Laos this time) as it will be of help for sure requalifying for AFKL Plat.

SV uses the Goldair lounge in ATH right? I don't mind flying dry but I do like a good tipple before take-off if there is no alcohol on board and of the thee ATH non-Schengen lounges that one is definitely the best of the lot
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
I believe it’s because the airports are also air bases for the RSAF that you can be shouted at for taking pictures on the airport (which is illegal under Saudi law) it’s also a fineable offence to take any pictures videos without the permission of everyone in the video/picture, this is why dash cam footage is not admissible in a car crash.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nico40
I think they actually require a visa (if you're not eligible for a visa on arrival) for any connection of 12 hours or more.
I read smwhere in internet that under 18h of connection transit is possible without visa TWOV (even I can obtain visa on arrival) and exit in the city without spending 118US. i will try))
why SV do not fly from ATH end march-april?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
I read smwhere in internet that under 18h of connection transit is possible without visa TWOV (even I can obtain visa on arrival) and exit in the city without spending 118US. i will try))
why SV do not fly from ATH end march-april?
TWOV has always been 12 hours max on Saudia. So unless this has changed recently in the light of their new e-visa/VOA system you can expect some questions at check-in/boarding when checking if you comply with visa rules.

For TWOV you can't leave the terminal. If you want no enter Saudi Arabia proper, there is no other choice than to cough up the (indeed hefty) visa fee.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:07 am

Is it possible to have a stopover in jeddah around 2-3 days or does it affect the fare?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Gold amb, krisflyer, Garuda, Accor Plus, MH Enrich
Cant book ex cgk

Hello, i am trying to book this but I cant seem able to get ex cgk (error notes)

Also same if I put ex sin or KUL

Anyone has problem or is it just me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.