FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] LATAM/ JAL NRT-SYD-SCL-GIG Business Class $2272 RTN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1994564-prem-fare-gone-latam-jal-nrt-syd-scl-gig-business-class-2272-rtn.html)

danger Nov 22, 2019 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Gregyeh (Post 31767615)
Of course!

With the H fare basis, we can get J in business and H in economy (Y within Brazil actually), which are all very high booking classes.

Unless the flight was fully booked, there's no problem to get a seat.

Are you able to proceed to booking at this fare? If so, how?

Flying Yazata Nov 23, 2019 1:23 am

Originally Posted by yawataira (Post 31764406)
Thank you for your advice. Is travel agency agree to modify the travel route plan at that low price ticket? You must have found the price on internet, and then did you ask your travel agency to arrange the same itinerary at the same price, and then modified the details? Any charges or fees? All included in that price?

Travel agencies, like their online counterparts, have their own service charges. There's no difference between a TA and an OTA. If e.g. Expedia doesn't leyv any extra fees, it's their choice, not that they couldn't charge for booking etc. The actual fares in the GDS are equal to the TAs (one with an actual store or one online).

Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper (Post 31764279)
Just in case you haven’t heard it yet:

“Note: LATAM has given notice that they will exit oneworld on 1 October 2020. Until this date passengers will continue to receive the oneworld benefits associated with LATAM’s membership.”

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...hts/latam.html

Thanks a bunch for the link! Indeed, I hadn't heard yet that QF has been sharing a date for the departure. Good to know it though. Seems like I could plan for a final LATAM run (this or some of the other funny business class fares they have) next September. :)

Gregyeh Nov 23, 2019 3:11 am

Originally Posted by danger (Post 31767889)
Are you able to proceed to booking at this fare? If so, how?

Travel agency, or sometimes output to cheapOair by ITA Matrix Power Tools

danger Nov 23, 2019 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Gregyeh (Post 31768169)
Travel agency, or sometimes output to cheapOair by ITA Matrix Power Tools

Hmmm. I'm not having any luck with Cheapo and I'm not in the US but do want to be charged in USD. Maybe I should do an internet search for travel agents. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

danger Nov 24, 2019 8:03 pm

I managed to get a fare on Priceline, via JFK in both directions, GRU-GIG-GRU and SCL-LIM in Y, the rest in J for $27xx. The fare basis is HLESF00U. It is 100% refundable, changes free of charge, unlimited stopovers. However, apparently changes trigger a re-price at the current fare level, rather than the historical level, which is a bit of a bummer because I could only get 36 hours in Rio. I have to see if I can line up my positioning flights and at this stage before I decide to go ahead with it.

danger Nov 24, 2019 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by danger (Post 31773300)
I managed to get a fare on Priceline, via JFK in both directions, GRU-GIG-GRU and SCL-LIM in Y, the rest in J for $27xx. The fare basis is HLESF00U. It is 100% refundable, changes free of charge, unlimited stopovers. However, apparently changes trigger a re-price at the current fare level, rather than the historical level, which is a bit of a bummer because I could only get 36 hours in Rio. I have to see if I can line up my positioning flights and at this stage before I decide to go ahead with it.

I do note this in the fare rules in ExpertFlyer, though:
-CHANGES TO UNUSED TICKET-
1.WHEN THE FIRST FLIGHT COUPON IS CHANGED THE
ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING CURRENT FARES IN
EFFECT ON THE DATE THE TICKET IS REISSUED THE
ITINERARY MUST MEET ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF THE
NEWLY TICKETED FARE.
2.WHEN THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO THE FIRST FLIGHT
COUPON BUT OTHER FARE COMPONENTS ARE CHANGED THE
ITINERARY MUST BE RE-PRICED USING HISTORICAL
FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE.
THE NEW ITINERARY MUST MEET ALL THE PROVISIONS OF
THE NEWLY TICKETED FARES
That suggests changes free of charge at the historical fare level after departure of the first flight.

helvetic Nov 28, 2019 4:27 pm

So, I kind of screwed up…

Booked one of these for Nov 19. Ended up last minute jumping on a better fare and needing to cancel this. Then managed to SDC my long layover into a quick one and didn't have time to cancel before having to board. Figured I'd just do it online… well no Priceline doesn't have cancellation on its website, I had to call. So I called upon landing (but after no-showing my first segment). Turns out a no-show removes the flex nature of this fare and I can't cancel and get a refund anymore. Crap.

My reading of the fare rules makes me think that I can still use the ticket on another valid LA fare until the end of the ticket validity. Riiiiiight? And if I find another full fare deal, perhaps I can then cancel for a refund?

ernestnywang Nov 29, 2019 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 31786292)
My reading of the fare rules makes me think that I can still use the ticket on another valid LA fare until the end of the ticket validity. Riiiiiight? And if I find another full fare deal, perhaps I can then cancel for a refund?

In general, if a ticket is non-refundable, changing it to any other ticket will not make the unrefundable portion refundable. Only the additional collection will be refundable. Otherwise, people will always change a changeable yet non-refundable ticket to a fare that is refundable, and then refund it subsequently. That being said, I think there's a chance that this may be overlooked, and you may be lucky. Just be aware that you are not entitled to it.

bdsklar Dec 20, 2019 2:18 pm

Darn i think i missed out on this one, just got too busy to look and plan the travel. Anyone have any luck booking the LATAM flights with this fare in business? Was still available 3 weeks ago but gone now.

ernestnywang Dec 21, 2019 3:21 am

Originally Posted by bdsklar (Post 31861460)
Darn i think i missed out on this one, just got too busy to look and plan the travel. Anyone have any luck booking the LATAM flights with this fare in business? Was still available 3 weeks ago but gone now.

I did - will travel in Apr. 2020.

x1achilles Dec 22, 2019 10:52 pm

What? No Easter Island????

ernestnywang Mar 21, 2020 6:58 am

Wondering if anyone has any experience re-issuing this to a much later date but still keeping the J class segments? I was going to travel in Apr., but now considering whether to postpone to later this year or just refund.

Thanks in advance!

davistev Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Probably best to refund while you can

percysmith Mar 22, 2020 1:43 am

Originally Posted by davistev (Post 32217317)
Probably best to refund while you can

While you can?

- LATAM going under
- LATAM going to pull a BA and not allow refunds/hand out vouchers in lieu of cash refunds?

Either case I'd be looking at a credit card chargeback.

shd9 Mar 23, 2020 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang (Post 32214407)
Wondering if anyone has any experience re-issuing this to a much later date but still keeping the J class segments? I was going to travel in Apr., but now considering whether to postpone to later this year or just refund.

Thanks in advance!

I think if your dates are in April and there has been flight modifications, you may be entitled to change your trip without re-faring. I tried to change my last segment to roughly 2 months later, last December, and they were quoting my something along the lines of 3000USD (which I politely refused).

From the fare rules, it seems that if the first segment is not changed, then there should be no change in fare; but I am not sure how that works in practice (especially since there seems to be some fare class mapping issue here)