FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] LATAM/ JAL NRT-SYD-SCL-GIG Business Class $2272 RTN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1994564-prem-fare-gone-latam-jal-nrt-syd-scl-gig-business-class-2272-rtn.html)

JA8170 Nov 20, 2019 8:36 am

The fare is still alive, rule is really flexible.

08.STOPOVERS
UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING
UNIT.
09.TRANSFERS
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT.
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED
SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.
16.PENALTIES
CHANGES
ANY TIME
CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.

Dominicus Nov 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Gregyeh (Post 31757324)
This is K or H fare, not J fare

According to the fare basis:
CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION
BEFORE DEPARTURE CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR REFUND

However, I would advise not to change the J segment, hence it may become original K/H if the thicket was checked manually.

Was responding to original fare in J all seg

kevinyhli Nov 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by JA8170 (Post 31757922)
The fare is still alive, rule is really flexible.

08.STOPOVERS
UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING
UNIT.
09.TRANSFERS
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT.
FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED
SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.
16.PENALTIES
CHANGES
ANY TIME
CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.

Very keen to get this fare but have been unable to get the fare to price with a stopover en-route even if the flight goes through SYD. Anyone got any luck?

yawataira Nov 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gregyeh (Post 31752300)
The ticket is still alive with H fare basis, and we can add LA connecting flights all around South America up to max 16 flight segments

Moreover, all transfers within South America could be turned into stopovers. For example, we can make stopovers at SCL/PMC/PUQ/MPN/GRU/IGU/GIG/EZE/GYE/SCY/GPS/UIO/LIM in the following ticket
(EZE is the destination of round-trip ticket, actually)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cec5fad04e.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6bfa5bcdb3.jpg

I have no idea how to book this complicated itinerary at this price. Google flight can allow me to set up to 5 basebone destinations in multiple city trip, but this itinerary requires more complicated route. How can I set up rout in this way? But Kayak allows 6 destinations, so maybe finding this price at Kayak?

I can try setting similar to this itinerary using Google flight, but very hard to find at this ticket price. I found that using Kayak is easier to find lower price than google flight now, but the price never can be original $2300 when this thread was posted.

nancypants Nov 20, 2019 4:34 pm

I want to try and get this to price for September but my limited sleep deprived efforts have not got me anywhere so far 😂 are fares loaded that far out or am I dreaming?

freed0m Nov 20, 2019 6:11 pm

I think can’t stopover where JL flight ends e.g. Australia or US. Stopover at South America has no problem

yawataira Nov 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Probably, the ticket was modified the rout after it was bought and booked completely. Then the itinerary can be changed according to the rules of it.

Flying Yazata Nov 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by yawataira (Post 31759669)
I have no idea how to book this complicated itinerary at this price.

There's a very simple answer to that: a travel agency. Plain and simple. IATA accreditation and GDS (Amadeus or Sabre) access required. Recommendable that payment is with a credit card. Not the answer you probably wished, but that's the naked truth. It's the very reason why having a good travel agency contact is recommendable for true airfare junkies. :)

I myself haven't booked anything bonkers with LA for status and award point earnings, because their Oneworld membership is about to end. I've been the past year ready to book several different LA ticketed "connexiones ilimitidas permitidas" trips, but so far haven't done it due to not yet being timewise able to depart for more trips than I'm anyway slated for.

Flying Yazata Nov 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 31759725)
are fares loaded that far out or am I dreaming?

The fare has no validity restrictions for the season, but like all LA bonkers fares, it requires plenty of tinkering to get those routings pan out nicely. I myself haven't had the time to do a deeper look at it, because I've been in travel mode for many weeks now.

nancypants Nov 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata (Post 31764000)
The fare has no validity restrictions for the season, but like all LA bonkers fares, it requires plenty of tinkering to get those routings pan out nicely. I myself haven't had the time to do a deeper look at it, because I've been in travel mode for many weeks now.

I will have more of a play around with it over the weekend and feed back!

Sandy Hopper Nov 21, 2019 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata (Post 31763990)

I myself haven't booked anything bonkers with LA for status and award point earnings, because their Oneworld membership is about to end.

Just in case you haven’t heard it yet:

“Note: LATAM has given notice that they will exit oneworld on 1 October 2020. Until this date passengers will continue to receive the oneworld benefits associated with LATAM’s membership.”

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...hts/latam.html

percysmith Nov 21, 2019 10:17 pm

Was anyone able to get this to work for December 2019?

yawataira Nov 21, 2019 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata (Post 31763990)
There's a very simple answer to that: a travel agency. Plain and simple. IATA accreditation and GDS (Amadeus or Sabre) access required. Recommendable that payment is with a credit card. Not the answer you probably wished, but that's the naked truth. It's the very reason why having a good travel agency contact is recommendable for true airfare junkies. :)

I myself haven't booked anything bonkers with LA for status and award point earnings, because their Oneworld membership is about to end. I've been the past year ready to book several different LA ticketed "connexiones ilimitidas permitidas" trips, but so far haven't done it due to not yet being timewise able to depart for more trips than I'm anyway slated for.

Thank you for your advice. Is travel agency agree to modify the travel route plan at that low price ticket? You must have found the price on internet, and then did you ask your travel agency to arrange the same itinerary at the same price, and then modified the details? Any charges or fees? All included in that price?

danger Nov 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 31764343)

Up until about three days ago it was possible to get the non-Australian itinerary on a number of dates in December but the deal seems to have largely disappeared.

Gregyeh Nov 22, 2019 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 31764343)

Of course!

With the H fare basis, we can get J in business and H in economy (Y within Brazil actually), which are all very high booking classes.

Unless the flight was fully booked, there's no problem to get a seat.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6a530ff7e1.jpg