Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerJimmy
Departure Airport: NYC (JFK/LGA/EWR)
Miles Needed: 25K
MQDs Needed: $5K
Required Spend or Budget: $2K
Available Travel Dates: Flexible (11/21 - 12/1)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Skyteam Codeshare
You can fly JFK-JNB on Virgin Atlantic in Premium Economy (earns 30% MQD, 150% MQM) to get the MQM and MQD needed. Some trips (immediate turn) are running at about $1700 in your date range. About $5400 MQD and 27,000 MQM earned. Book on Virgin Atlantic website.

Alternatively, you can fly the same route in Economy Delight for just over $900. However, ED class will only get you about $4500 MQD and 22,000 MQM. You can pick up the remaining MQD and MQM with a flight to LAS or the West Coast.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Departure Airport: SoCal (SAN, LAX, PSP, SNA)
Miles Needed: 33K
MQDs Needed: $3.5K
Budget: $2K
Available Travel Dates: Mostly flexible Oct, Nov and Dec

Trying to see what it would take to hit Diamond this year. The above are what I estimate I will need after taking into account pending upcoming travel and expected CC bonuses. Looked at LAX-LHR-JNB in PE on Virgin Atlantic and that would definitely cover it for about $1800. Wondering if there are options in that budget range that could be found with less flying time.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:47 pm

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: ~7000
MQDs Needed: none
Budget: $300
Available Travel Dates: Labor day weekend 8/31-9/2 - shorter the better

Trying to find a creative way to utilize labor day weekend to get some MQM's. Thank you for your help in advance!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ginta99
Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: ~7000
MQDs Needed: none
Budget: $300
Available Travel Dates: Labor day weekend 8/31-9/2 - shorter the better

Trying to find a creative way to utilize labor day weekend to get some MQM's. Thank you for your help in advance!
Alaska? It's the end of their summer season, so you might be able to find a fairly reasonable fare. Look at routings through MSP (two flights to ANC daily) and SEA (ANC flights and also FAI is still in season). Many of these are night flights, so it should be efficient for your time.

Hawaii will be expensive and otherwise it's difficult to get a domestic trip with 3500 MQM per direction from a central USA hub since your $300 budget means using a coach fare. Too many decent fares from MSP and DTW require nonstop flights.

Mainland China is also cheap but might require a visa, which is an expensive hassle.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Alaska? It's the end of their summer season, so you might be able to find a fairly reasonable fare. Look at routings through MSP (two flights to ANC daily) and SEA (ANC flights and also FAI is still in season). Many of these are night flights, so it should be efficient for your time.

Hawaii will be expensive and otherwise it's difficult to get a domestic trip with 3500 MQM per direction from a central USA hub since your $300 budget means using a coach fare. Too many decent fares from MSP and DTW require nonstop flights.

Mainland China is also cheap but might require a visa, which is an expensive hassle.
Thanks for the advise. Would be willing to do some connections, doesn't have to be a straight shot.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by motoridersd
Departure Airport: SoCal (SAN, LAX, PSP, SNA)
Miles Needed: 33K
MQDs Needed: $3.5K
Budget: $2K
Available Travel Dates: Mostly flexible Oct, Nov and Dec

Trying to see what it would take to hit Diamond this year. The above are what I estimate I will need after taking into account pending upcoming travel and expected CC bonuses. Looked at LAX-LHR-JNB in PE on Virgin Atlantic and that would definitely cover it for about $1800. Wondering if there are options in that budget range that could be found with less flying time.
Probably not. Earning 150%, your 33,000 MQMs means about 22,000 miles of actual flying. If an airplane flies about 500 mph, it would mean about 44 hours of non-stop flying.

Trips from LAX that are 11,000+ (one way) would include JNB/CPT via AMS/LHR, SYD/MEL via ICN or AMS/CDG/LHR via PVG.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Flying out of the bay area, doing a status match to GOLD.. triggered in 5 days - which isn't what I was planning for but okay. Now, I've got 90 days for 12K or 12.5K?

I have one trip to ATL planned which should net 4273 RT. That was a $$ ticket (purchased before the challenge, does that count?). I'll need 2x more than that to get to target.

Out of SFO/SJC what are often good routes and flights to get a MR in within that timeframe?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Flying out of the bay area, doing a status match to GOLD.. triggered in 5 days - which isn't what I was planning for but okay. Now, I've got 90 days for 12K or 12.5K?

I have one trip to ATL planned which should net 4273 RT. That was a $$ ticket (purchased before the challenge, does that count?). I'll need 2x more than that to get to target.

Out of SFO/SJC what are often good routes and flights to get a MR in within that timeframe?
Google Flights is a good tool to become familiar with. Check out SFO/SJC-MCO - routing via JFK for example results in >7000 MQMs. Example: Sept 17-18 SFO-JFK-MCO and return $284 BE.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & More, Matmid
I'm new to the game, just got an AMEX Gold to help me boost my XPs and I now have 51XP. I would like to at least make it to Silver this year but I'm based in the Netherlands. Are there any worthy (and albeit not too expensive) xp runs out of Amsterdam by any chance?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Probably not. Earning 150%, your 33,000 MQMs means about 22,000 miles of actual flying. If an airplane flies about 500 mph, it would mean about 44 hours of non-stop flying.

Trips from LAX that are 11,000+ (one way) would include JNB/CPT via AMS/LHR, SYD/MEL via ICN or AMS/CDG/LHR via PVG.
Mainland China would be cheaper, especially in coach, but one would need more than one RT and there might also be the cost and hassle of getting a visa.
LJMSP likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Mainland China would be cheaper, especially in coach, but one would need more than one RT and there might also be the cost and hassle of getting a visa.
I think it's totally worth it. I think I read somewhere that subsequent visa applications will be easier to obtain.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: delta, american
Delta Gold Match

Hello! I’m looking to complete my status match challenge on Delta. Any help is appreciated!

Departure Airport: CLT
Miles Needed: 8,500 to 12,500
Required Spend or Budget: budget as possible but require $1500 MQD
Available Travel Dates: Sept 15-November 10
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: sure
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Departure Airport: NYC (JFK LGA EWR)
Miles Needed: 16,350
MQDs Needed: Only need about $600
Budget: $2,500 (business class preferred)
Available Travel Dates: Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday up until late mid September
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage
New to Mileage Running and looking for some help.

Departure Airport: MSP
MQMs Needed: 7,900 (silver), 32,500 (gold)
Required Spend or Budget: I'd like to keep it under $1.5k (if possible)
Available Travel Dates: I'm pretty flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: DL
Looking for the below to get Diamond under "Reclaim my Status". Have to go this weekend.

Departure Airport: CMH
MQMs Needed:
Required Spend or Budget: $1,011 or more
Available Travel Dates: This weekend Aug 24 depart, return Aug 25. Possibly could leave Friday night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.