Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2014 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by greyguy1
It is (was) an advertised sale on the IB site.
There were no tricks involved.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Good chance those ads are auto-filled by prices...this had to be an accident of some sort. However, I do see some 5€ bfs....
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by largeeyes
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Good chance those ads are auto-filled by prices...this had to be an accident of some sort. However, I do see some 5€ bfs....
I am sure.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:19 am

5€ * 2 BF + 110€ YQ + taxes ^
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:27 pm

IB exDE

While the C1.5 fares seem to be gone the DE-BR ones ares still available. Same mechanism (error), but somewhat higher BF. Since they're on almost every conceivable European blog by now I would not expect things to last, but maybe there are yet a few other destinations affected by the fuel glitch.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *G, KL Plat and some other plastic cards.
Originally Posted by geosch
While the C1.5 fares seem to be gone the DE-BR ones ares still available. Same mechanism (error), but somewhat higher BF. Since they're on almost every conceivable European blog by now I would not expect things to last, but maybe there are yet a few other destinations affected by the fuel glitch.
They're not gone. On IB there are some flights left! Bookable for 247 € maybe less, haven't checked all.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else figure out the AY C2-C1 1x self-dump? I think I've tried every C1-C3 combo and found decent BF ~$160 US, but can't trim the $350 in fat.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Avios - M&M - Senator - FLYBLU
Originally Posted by oneworldmonger
Anyone else figure out the AY C2-C1 1x self-dump? I think I've tried every C1-C3 combo and found decent BF ~$160 US, but can't trim the $350 in fat.
I have also worked on it for some time. From a few postings ago it seems Jorun to say is old news. Why not ask him for all the details and share with me via PM.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Originally Posted by oneworldmonger
Any 3x recs for C1-C2e FD on AB in May? BF $250 with YR $590 and best 3x I can find is YR ~$250 with C2-C2. Please PM!
Hello and Happy New Year all - I've tried to follow this thread in the past, but it's Greek to me. Is there a thread or post that explains the abbreviations used in the "trick it..." thread?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: college loans
uhh ohh

Originally Posted by Nikongirl
Hello and Happy New Year all - I've tried to follow this thread in the past, but it's Greek to me. Is there a thread or post that explains the abbreviations used in the "trick it..." thread?
before everyone piles on...
if you've read any amount of this thread then you should know what's coming next!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Nikongirl
Trying putting the words "Fuel Dump" into Google.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:32 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Alessandro from Italy...I have a big favour to ask. I've been trying to search a candidate fare do dump for months and finally i've found agood one ITA. I've spent the last weeks searching for a good 3x but with no results. Can anybody help me in some way or maybe does anyone know any trick to use with this airline/ route? I would have wanted to make all of this by myself but i'd like to succeed in FDing this airfare in order to make a special present for my father's 55th birthday, that will occur in a few weeks...That's the reason. I hope someone could help me in some way...My best wishes for a great 2014
The route is C2 - C3 - C2 with TK.
Thank you again!!
PS: we shall continue this conversation also by PM or e-mail.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA CO DL
Originally Posted by lovitone
Hi everyone! I'm Alessandro from Italy...I have a big favour to ask. I've been trying to search a candidate fare do dump for months and finally i've found agood one ITA. I've spent the last weeks searching for a good 3x but with no results. Can anybody help me in some way or maybe does anyone know any trick to use with this airline/ route? I would have wanted to make all of this by myself but i'd like to succeed in FDing this airfare in order to make a special present for my father's 55th birthday, that will occur in a few weeks...That's the reason. I hope someone could help me in some way...My best wishes for a great 2014
Thank you again!!
A word of advice, sending someone who is not completely familiar with tricked fares is not a good idea. The gifting is from the heart, but if there is a problem, your father could end up with a whole world of problems. Better idea is to find a bargain fare and be safe.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:23 am

c3-c1w $238BF

I found a low fare with sushi to c1w, is it possible that cut fat? I checked a few opportunities in the areas c3 and c1, unfortunately, I've been able to find anything that would reduce that fat ($ 447).
I checked just to ITA and K. .. K, is there some way but only for a specific OTA.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
C2-C3

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
AY metal on all segments - that is what self-dump means. Of course as usual your posting was totally ambiguous.
Searching a 3x or 1x flyable to cut the fat with AY, already Eastern blogged from L-bourg to Yangtze biggest port return to VIE or LHR or PRG, around 290 Euro no special CC, probably cutting and adding a good 3x outside C2 will do the job to go under 250..
Any hint on that, folks?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by lovitone
Thank you again!!
shall we? afaik your chances to dump that itinerary are close to zero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.