FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] CX - SFO-HKG R/T PE $773.00. - Black Friday Sale (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1941311-prem-fare-gone-cx-sfo-hkg-r-t-pe-773-00-black-friday-sale.html)

exmike Nov 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by jfinsocal (Post 30472764)
LAX-SIN is pricing from $945 in Premium Economy although it's not listed as a city pair on the website. About 3540 EQD and 26540 EQM. Booked a week trip, need to figure out where to go - maybe Bintan or Batam. Really good price for this trip.

yeah thats the best routing i could find from LAX for price per EQM/D
Booked two, one for a trip already planned.

Ever been to Langkawi? thats a short hop from Sin

I know there is a thread about the best PE seat somewhere, but anyone here have a preference for the 777?

jfinsocal Nov 27, 2018 12:52 pm

exmike - thanks for the trip will research langkawi.

jkenn Nov 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Has anyone used amex platinum iap for these tickets?

atcanobbio Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm

ugh, i wish travel start date was valid for a week longer. I would have loved to do a memorial day weekend trip to SIN.

olouie Nov 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by jkenn (Post 30473089)
Has anyone used amex platinum iap for these tickets?

It doesn’t work with the code so no savings for me.

jkenn Nov 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 30473127)

It doesn’t work with the code so no savings for me.

Good to know. Thanks

trapped Nov 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by exmike (Post 30472779)

I know there is a thread about the best PE seat somewhere, but anyone here have a preference for the 777?

Assuming it's the Four Class 777 I'd avoid sitting along the left aisle. The lav is located along the right aisle so you have to cut across the cabin to get to it or it's a long walk back to the economy lav. Likewise, I'd avoid sitting in the middle against the bulkhead. Passengers constantly cut in front of you and knock your feet as you try to sleep. Personally, I prefer seats 33G/H or 34G/H. While the bulkhead may seem appealing trust me, all flight people will try to cut in front of you and it's very difficult to sleep.

olouie Nov 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by trapped (Post 30473225)
Assuming it's the Four Class 777 I'd avoid sitting along the left aisle. The lav is located along the right aisle so you have to cut across the cabin to get to it or it's a long walk back to the economy lav. Likewise, I'd avoid sitting in the middle against the bulkhead. Passengers constantly cut in front of you and knock your feet as you try to sleep. Personally, I prefer seats 33G/H or 34G/H. While the bulkhead may seem appealing trust me, all flight people will try to cut in front of you and it's very difficult to sleep.

I like the left aisle bulkhead since it’s unlimited legroom and can take my bag down to prop up my legs.

Whodunit68 Nov 27, 2018 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 30472343)
Thanks, but...

I think some of your calculations are off... all your prices are in the $700 range, but for example SFO-BLR is $1,400 so 2.67 EQD/$ not 4.59. FWIW I'm also trying to figure out a nice MR or 2 on this deal, already have a SFO-HKG RT in Jan. For what it's worth, here are my EQD/$ calculations out of SFO:

CGK-> 3.34
HKG-> 3.43
SIN -> 3.42
SGN- > 3.04
BKK -> 2.94
DEL -> 2.65

I'm back to the hotel. I didn't have some of yours in there....
Again, sorry for making this error and thanks for catching it.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...637d53aa05.png

no2chem Nov 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Whodunit68 (Post 30473867)
I'm back to the hotel. I didn't have some of yours in there....
Again, sorry for making this error and thanks for catching it.

No need to be sorry! Thanks for providing the information. I ended up with two SFO-HKG RTs in Jan and Feb, one will be to visit relatives and one will just be a personal whatever trip for a few days, that should take me a little over 1/3 of the way to EXP this year.

I actually assume I'll make the new EQD requirements just fine, but the 1.5xEQM=40K EQM will be very nice for hitting the new EQM bonuses

StatusChallenged Nov 28, 2018 1:19 am

Booked before deadline, may cancel within 24 hours. Any different change fees for E fare? OW Emerald here

Whodunit68 Nov 28, 2018 4:31 am

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 30474001)
No need to be sorry! Thanks for providing the information. I ended up with two SFO-HKG RTs in Jan and Feb, one will be to visit relatives and one will just be a personal whatever trip for a few days, that should take me a little over 1/3 of the way to EXP this year.

I actually assume I'll make the new EQD requirements just fine, but the 1.5xEQM=40K EQM will be very nice for hitting the new EQM bonuses

fantastic! I also booked 2 trips with no real sense or purpose. Both will require positioning and both will likely require positioning on the other side since I grabbed 2 trips times 2-for the wife and me. This will get me >6k EQDs and, like you, >1/2 way to EQM requirements.
Plus we will be in Indonesia for her birthday/our anniversary (bonus points for hubby)!
Travel safe!

VegasGambler Nov 28, 2018 9:48 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged (Post 30474849)
Booked before deadline, may cancel within 24 hours. Any different change fees for E fare? OW Emerald here

Didn't it show the change fee when you booked it? When I booked it told me that the change fee was $100 and the cancellation fee was $200. I don't have any OW or CX status though (I'm crediting to AS)

frebay Nov 28, 2018 10:01 am

1 hr before the deal ended I pulled the trigger on 2 LAX-BKK trips. Now just hope I get upgraded lol.

fish3d Nov 28, 2018 10:09 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged (Post 30474849)

I tried to book online yesterday but had to call HKG ( the service desk in US is only open till 8:30 EST) because the charge would not go thru and I wanted to take advantage of the Cyber Fare.. Tickets were emailed last night but I have to cancel. So far 20 minutes on hold. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
NEVERMIND