FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] CX - SFO-HKG R/T PE $773.00. - Black Friday Sale (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1941311-prem-fare-gone-cx-sfo-hkg-r-t-pe-773-00-black-friday-sale.html)

eltoddo22 Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by jfinsocal (Post 30453667)
I'm looking at LAX-HKG-DPS but the HKG-DPS flight doesn't have premium economy. Will this segment book in E class or something else? Could also book to SIN for a couple hundred dollars cheaper and book LCC to DPS I suppose.

I've been looking at DPS as a destination as well. The HKG-DPS segment books into H class which earns 15% EQD but only .5 EQM (for AA). I've been trying to decide to whether to fly into CGK as premium economy and taking LCC or just going direct to DPS. I noticed Jetstar also has some great fares SIN-DPS in February/March however I am looking at going in May. I think I am leaning towards just taking the economy flight to DPS ... EQD is what is really important and getting a connecting LCC in Jakarta sounds not fun.

exmike Nov 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by jfinsocal (Post 30453667)
I'm looking at LAX-HKG-DPS but the HKG-DPS flight doesn't have premium economy. Will this segment book in E class or something else? Could also book to SIN for a couple hundred dollars cheaper and book LCC to DPS I suppose.

If you're going to do that book to BKK, there is PE on HKG-BKK then LCC to DPS

TBD Nov 21, 2018 4:19 pm

I recognize the implication of a nonstop option, but the business class fares to HKG with this promotion are absolute garbage.

tikchik Nov 21, 2018 5:59 pm

I am not familiar w CX webpage. Getting $1323 RT fare on GF, I do not see a place to enter promo code when I am redirected to CX webpage for booking. Can someone point me to it?

NJSwamplands Nov 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by tikchik (Post 30454610)
I am not familiar w CX webpage. Getting $1323 RT fare on GF, I do not see a place to enter promo code when I am redirected to CX webpage for booking. Can someone point me to it?

You can always note your dates and flight numbers and then just go to the CX website and go that way.

VegasGambler Nov 21, 2018 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by tikchik (Post 30454610)

Follow the link in the original post. Scroll down and click "select dates" for your city pair and class of service. enter the HOLIDAY code, pick your dates, and click "Book Now". It should show you a grid of availability. If you don't like the options, click "change dates" (under the grid) and pick new ones.

It seems that several asian airlines use this exact same web page template, FWIW.

g2929 Nov 21, 2018 8:18 pm

777 vs A350

I have flown 777 in PE in the past, there is a toilet in PE. My first time flying 359 and it does not have its own toilet. That is the biggest difference.

Lets see how this works.

Originally Posted by nickohrn (Post 30453914)
For those with experience on the different products, would you prefer flying on the 777-300 in premium economy or the A350-1000? It looks like most dates at the sales price for Premium Economy on the SFO-HKG route offer a choice.

mosfet Nov 21, 2018 9:00 pm

JFK - AKL for $2041 return as well.

Can route via YVR if you’re running.

Anecdotally, last year as OW Saphire had an op up to PE HKG - AKL

s0ssos Nov 21, 2018 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark (Post 30448954)
CX is not known for their food, I think.

Actually their Japanese meal in first is quite good (going to/from Japan)

jcatman Nov 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by nickohrn (Post 30453914)
For those with experience on the different products, would you prefer flying on the 777-300 in premium economy or the A350-1000? It looks like most dates at the sales price for Premium Economy on the SFO-HKG route offer a choice.

Here is a comparison provided by J.T. Genter:

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/cat...econ-777-a350/

eluis Nov 22, 2018 12:36 am

I'm currently returning from a visit to DPS. Used Scoot Airlines for the SIN-DPS-SIN portion within a LAX-HKG-SIN-HKG-LAX trip. The main challenge was getting from T4 to T2 in SIN to catch Scoot (due to delay out of HKG), but I was impressed by the airlines itself....so much better than other LCC i've used. Had just enough time to buy a Singttel simcard outside gate in SIN with roaming in Indonesia. Made good use of GrabCar in Bali and Singapore.

Barkinpark Nov 22, 2018 9:18 am

Buying tix from CX:

1. Is there a 24-hour cancellation policy as mandated by the FAA?

2. No changes are allowed for this fare (so use-it-or-lose-it), correct?

javabytes Nov 22, 2018 11:07 am

Is there any way to enter the promo code after punching in from Google Flights? The CX search engine doesn't show me the flight I want, but I can get that itinerary if starting in Google Flights...

Or alternatively, any way to force CX's website to show more options?

Barkinpark Nov 22, 2018 11:49 am

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 30456604)
Is there any way to enter the promo code after punching in from Google Flights? The CX search engine doesn't show me the flight I want, but I can get that itinerary if starting in Google Flights...

Or alternatively, any way to force CX's website to show more options?

Try multi-city search? Please report back.

bucketlist Nov 22, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks OP - snagged two of these! (SFO-HKG and SFO-hkg-BKK). Looking forward to some great road trips