Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:06 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Coming late to this - but has anyone seen late March/early April to CPT or JNB from US West Coast?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DNPierson1
Coming late to this - but has anyone seen late March/early April to CPT or JNB from US West Coast?
Haven't looked recently, but when I was searching a couple of months ago, the west coast gateways that were part of this deal were: SEA, PDX, SJC, LAS, and SLC. I had to play around with dates and cities before I found flights to CPT worked for me and were the right price. Good luck.
dp555 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by DNPierson1
The cheapest I could find from west coast adjacent airports for that timeframe is $3,300 with a single throwaway night. Still a discount off a normal cash booking, but not a crazy deal and might not be worth positioning for. LAS-JNB March 25 - April 3 is one of the possible routings.

I also checked Midwest airports (MSP, and DTW) and there was no luck there, either.
dp555 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta, American, Marriott
Heading toward CPT or JNB next year and think the bundle would be great, but when I look for it, the program tries to require that I book all of the nights when I book the airfare. How does one only book one night and still get the package price?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by RoberttCopeland
Heading toward CPT or JNB next year and think the bundle would be great, but when I look for it, the program tries to require that I book all of the nights when I book the airfare. How does one only book one night and still get the package price?
Check the box that says "I only need a hotel for part of my stay" and then choose a one-night range somewhere in the middle of your travel dates.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:02 pm

In case anyone is wondering, the deal is also valid to JRO - big discounts off of everything shown via ITA and Google Flights. From what I can see, though, it's probably cheaper to fly into NBO and then take a separate flight down to JRO even though it adds another connection.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:02 am

Looks Like the Deal is still going, I was able to Book DEN-DTW-AMS-CPT CPT-AMS-ATL-DEN over xmas and new years for $2,700.

So can people confirm KLM coded itineraries accure the 200% Miles and 40% MQD on Delta? I strategically booked the return after the first of the year so I can get a MQD bump on day one while having the excess MQM roll over on Delta
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by DENQR
So can people confirm KLM coded itineraries accure the 200% Miles and 40% MQD on Delta? I strategically booked the return after the first of the year so I can get a MQD bump on day one while having the excess MQM roll over on Delta
Worked for me as of April '19 exactly as described above. Total RDM of 320% of BIS (as DM) and MQD of 40% of BIS

Last edited by angra; Jun 21, 2019 at 8:38 am
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DENQR
Looks Like the Deal is still going, I was able to Book DEN-DTW-AMS-CPT CPT-AMS-ATL-DEN over xmas and new years for $2,700.

I'm not yet familiar with the calculation, but I can provide real-world confirmation. We paid just over $2700 for DTW-AMS-CPT-AMS-ORD-DTW for late May to early June 2019 travel.
She received for DTW-AMS 5910 MQMs 1 MQSs $1182 MQDs (5910 base miles)
For AMS-CPT-AMS-ORD-DTW she received 24,922 MQMs, 4 MQSs, $4905 MQDs (24,525 base miles)
Hope that helps.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
Just got back last week from CPT (pictures don’t do the landscape justice) and a drive around for a long weekend, here is what Atl- CPT yielded (I’m diamond) 31,196MQSs4MQDs$6,238BASE MILES31,196BONUS MILES37,434
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by Rhinolicious
Just got back last week from CPT (pictures don’t do the landscape justice) and a drive around for a long weekend, here is what Atl- CPT yielded (I’m diamond) 31,196MQSs4MQDs$6,238BASE MILES31,196BONUS MILES37,434
CPT is a special place indeed, absolutely stunning. Will be heading down there later this summer and looking for new places around Cape Town to explore. Sounds like you did some driving around the area. Any places that really stood out to you?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by JakeRobertson212
CPT is a special place indeed, absolutely stunning. Will be heading down there later this summer and looking for new places around Cape Town to explore. Sounds like you did some driving around the area. Any places that really stood out to you?
Woodstock was a cool area to check out--lots of interesting shops to check out. Franschoek and Stellenbosh were amazing for the wine tasting and food. Kalk Bay and some of the other towns along the road to Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point lighthouse were cool too.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:14 pm

Not to turn the thread into "what to do in CPT" but we loved kirstenbosch botanical garden more than anything else we did in CPT. Enjoy!
19103_aa and JakeRobertson212 like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
took the scenic route to and from cape of good hope, plenty of awesome places to watch the sun melt into the sea

on the way down hit Simons Town to see the penguins

drove every inch of the cape park

drove down to cape alguhas as well, the weather was perfect , pretty much had the place to myself and absorbed it all in, and it may not be for everyone but thoroughly enjoyed the dirt roads from alguhas to Elim over to Gansbaai. So cool being in the middle of nowhere with the beautiful scenery and Ostriches!

hermanus was scenic as well, got a great place for you to stay if you have a night in Gansbaai , 65 on Cliff

Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by Rhinolicious

took the scenic route to and from cape of good hope, plenty of awesome places to watch the sun melt into the sea

on the way down hit Simons Town to see the penguins

drove every inch of the cape park

drove down to cape alguhas as well, the weather was perfect , pretty much had the place to myself and absorbed it all in, and it may not be for everyone but thoroughly enjoyed the dirt roads from alguhas to Elim over to Gansbaai. So cool being in the middle of nowhere with the beautiful scenery and Ostriches!

hermanus was scenic as well, got a great place for you to stay if you have a night in Gansbaai , 65 on Cliff

Thanks for the tip on 65 on Cliff. Was just looking at hotels around Gaansbai as we're planning a shark diving excursion down there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.