Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by msppharmer
First time posting here! I've been eyeing on this deal for awhile now. Finally booked MSP - AMS - CPT on KLM for ~$2500 (6/23 - 6/29) with a 23 hour layover in AMS. Not planning to stay at the hostel (cheapest one to throw away :P). Hoping to make at least Platinum this year
Congratulations on your booking! My first post here was in reference to another one of these deals with a thank you to the OP (coincidentally with a long layover in AMS along the way). I hope you enjoy your trip!

Any specific plans for CPT? I'm going there later this year and am still exploring options.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by snowdzine
Does anyone know if this deal is still valid? I can't seem to find the fares available in Expedia?
Where are you looking from and to and on what dates?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Skymiles
I was following the info of the OP from DTW to CPT picking various dates in May. I'm in Seattle but would position to DTW to fly the 350 if available.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:32 pm

I was following the info of the OP from DTW to CPT picking various dates in May. I'm in Seattle but would position to DTW to fly the 350 if available.
I haven't seen any availability on the A350 out of DTW with this deal in quite some time, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. You might need to try from different Skyteam hubs to get the pricing down to an acceptable point.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'd like to thank everyone who posted about this deal. I was just able to book tickets for my family of four from PHL to NBO in August for $1791pp, including one night (two rooms) of hotel in Nairobi. I booked a hilton property there, which I'll use if they'll give me breakfast via my status, or throw away if not. I had been planning to burn a combination of AA miles and chase points on the trip, but this price made that seem like too poor a return on the miles. Now I have to start planning the safaris!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I'd like to thank everyone who posted about this deal. I was just able to book tickets for my family of four from PHL to NBO in August for $1791pp, including one night (two rooms) of hotel in Nairobi. I booked a hilton property there, which I'll use if they'll give me breakfast via my status, or throw away if not. I had been planning to burn a combination of AA miles and chase points on the trip, but this price made that seem like too poor a return on the miles. Now I have to start planning the safaris!
Wow - that price is pretty amazing. Congrats on your booking! Would you mind sharing more about your itinerary (stops, layover times, etc)?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I was actually quite surprised at how many routings were available at or near that price between PHL and NBO, leaving in early August and returning mid-August (I checked about 5 or 6 possible departure dates and return dates). I booked PHL-DTW-AMS-NBO outbound and NBO-AMS-BOS-PHL return, because I wanted either the shortest possible layovers (since I'm travelling with kids) or layovers long enough to get out of the airport for a while and let us do some sightseeing. Our layovers were on the order of 1.5 and 3 hours going (in DTW and AMS respectively) and 4.5 and 3 hours on the return (AMS and BOS). The longest layovers I could find in AMS were about 7 hours, but the timing wasn't great for sightseeing, as the flight from the US landed quite early in the morning, and we'd lose most of the layover time before things would open in Amsterdam. There were also outbound options through CDG on Air France, but with less favorable (for us) layovers.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:32 pm

If you're willing to position to SLC you can go SLC-AMS-CPT-AMS-SLC on DL, KL, KL, and DL for $2,340 per person from May 21st - 29th. You really have to play around with the dates and departure cities to end up with something that works. This assumes a single throwaway night at the cheapest possible place.

Here's a link to the Expedia itinerary for two people. It should work for now (not sure how long these links last).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Thank you so much nickohrn. Does anyone know the date window for travel? Is it limited to the CPT destination?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:35 pm

Thank you so much nickohrn. Does anyone know the date window for travel? Is it limited to the CPT destination?
It is an unpublished special fare so there's really no information. You just have to play around with points of origin, dates, and destinations. I think some of the big ones that have been uncovered are CPT, JNB, and NBO. Someone upthread mentioned DXB and someone else mentioned BOM.

If a date pair doesn't work, try a few variations before giving up. Even for that example I gave today moving the dates one day in either direction results in wild price swings that double the price.

I can say that it seems to extend to end of schedule (and has for a while). For example, LAS-LHR-NBO-CDG-LAX-LAS can be had for $2,250 per person at the end of November / beginning of December.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by nickohrn
Congratulations on your booking! My first post here was in reference to another one of these deals with a thank you to the OP (coincidentally with a long layover in AMS along the way). I hope you enjoy your trip!

Any specific plans for CPT? I'm going there later this year and am still exploring options.
Nothing specific yet. Really depends on the weather since it's not as warm in June... but I guess I'll take that over Minnesota winter lol. Hoping to at least do a Safari tour and some hiking at the Table Mountain
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
If you book the expedia hotel/air package (hotel for just one night) is it OK to throw the hotel away and not check-in? Will they cancel the return flight if you don't use the hotel?

I'm thinking you'll be OK but just checking before i book.

I found ATL - BOM on Skyteam for $2059 R/T.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
If you book the expedia hotel/air package (hotel for just one night) is it OK to throw the hotel away and not check-in? Will they cancel the return flight if you don't use the hotel?
Yes, I got back from CPT last week and never used the hotel - no issues.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant

I'm thinking you'll be OK but just checking before i book.

I found ATL - BOM on Skyteam for $2059 R/T.
Yes - that's what I did for the Expedia package to MRU last year and it was fine.

Would you mind sharing the details of the routing you found? People might be interested.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
and you booked the expedia package? I just booked the ATL-BOM expedia package and i got it for $2059 with a 10-bed hostel room for 1 night. haha

In actuality i'll be at the JW Marriott. heehee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.