Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by A13743
KE cancelled my flight today, after two weeks of booking. What can I do to keep the ticket ?
What are your travel dates?
How exactly did KE notify you of the cancellation?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KE cancelled my flight today, after two weeks of booking. What can I do to keep the ticket ?
Bummer. Please post details. How were you notified? What does the notice say? Have you received refund?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:28 pm

Expedia sent me an email to notify changes has made by Air Korean. in which, all 6 flights are cancelled. I haven't received the refund, but what can I do to keep the flights ?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Expedia sent me an email to notify changes has made by Air Korean. in which, all 6 flights are cancelled. I haven't received the refund, but what can I do to keep the flights ?
What were your dates? Curious if they are starting with more immediate bookings. We need more data points from others but my fingers are crossed this is a one-off.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:27 pm

Your travel dates would be very helpful, as well as confirming whether you are referring to expedia.com, or one of their many other website locations. It might help if you copied/pasted the actual email from Expedia (deleting of course your personal identification info).
Have you checked whether there have been any flight time or flight number changes on your dates? [If not, your itinerary specifics (dates, cities, flight numbers confirmed etc.) can be quickly looked at here by the many FlyerTalk experts.]
Finally, it might help if you clarified your primary written language, so that future advice can be tailored to your needs.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:32 pm

Below is the email from Expedia Travel Services <[email protected]>

Your Flight Details Have ChangedPassenger(s): Expedia Itinerary Number: Korean Air Confirmation Code:

Dear Expedia Traveler,

Korean Air made the following change(s) to your itinerary:

* Cancelled 6 of your flights.
If you have recently been in direct contact with the airline and have initiated these changes yourself, there is no need to contact us. Changes made directly with the airline may not be available for viewing in your Expedia itinerary.

Expedia has updated your itinerary based on the changes provided by the airline. If you need to discuss alternate flight options, please contact us at: 1-877-787-7145 or at 1-404-728-8787 (collect calls accepted) and be prepared to provide your Expedia itinerary number: 7356380299627.

Your updated flight schedule is below, and you can always view your itinerary at Washington to AtlantaCancelled FlightThursday, Jan 31, 2019 at 8:20 PMCancelled FlightKorean AirFlight Number: KE6878From: Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National)Depart: 8:20 PMTo: Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.)Arrive: 10:27 PMStatus: CANCELLEDClass: CoachEquipment: Airbus A321 JetOperated By: DELTA AIR LINES INC(KE)Atlanta to SeoulCancelled FlightFriday, Feb 01, 2019 at 12:49 AMCancelled FlightKorean AirFlight Number: KE5036From: Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.)Depart: 12:49 AMTo: Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.)Arrive: 5:45 AM +1 dayStatus: CANCELLEDClass: BusinessEquipment: 359/AIROperated By: DELTA AIR LINES INC(KE)Seoul to Denpasar BaliCancelled FlightSaturday, Feb 02, 2019 at 11:25 AMCancelled FlightKorean AirFlight Number: KE5629From: Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.)Depart: 11:25 AMTo: Denpasar (DPS-Ngurah Rai Intl.)Arrive: 6:15 PMStatus: CANCELLEDClass: BusinessEquipment: Airbus A330 JetOperated By: GARUDA INDONESIA(KE)Denpasar Bali to SeoulCancelled FlightMonday, Feb 18, 2019 at 1:25 AMCancelled FlightKorean AirFlight Number: KE0630From: Denpasar (DPS-Ngurah Rai Intl.)Depart: 1:25 AMTo: Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.)Arrive: 9:20 AMStatus: CANCELLEDClass: BusinessEquipment: Airbus A330 JetSeoul to AtlantaCancelled FlightMonday, Feb 18, 2019 at 6:30 PMCancelled FlightKorean AirFlight Number: KE5035From: Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.)Depart: 6:30 PMTo: Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.)Arrive: 6:03 PMStatus: CANCELLEDClass: BusinessEquipment: 359/AIROperated By: DELTA AIR LINES INC(KE)Atlanta to WashingtonCancelled FlightMonday, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:55 PMCancelled FlightKorean AirFlight Number: KE7146From: Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.)Depart: 8:55 PMTo: Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National)Arrive: 10:37 PMStatus: CANCELLEDClass: CoachEquipment: Airbus A320 JetOperated By: DELTA AIR LINES INC(KE)
Thank you for choosing Expedia.

Sincerely,

The Expedia Travel Team
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
This seems a little far fetched but are you certain your tickets were issued on the original booking (not just a reservation)? It would have started with "180". Korean seems to provide roughly a 2 week grace period for ticketing followed by a cancellation notice.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by langbr01
This seems a little far fetched but are you certain your tickets were issued on the original booking (not just a reservation)? It would have started with "180". Korean seems to provide roughly a 2 week grace period for ticketing followed by a cancellation notice.
I concur. I received a cancellation notice which was for an itinerary I cancelled two weeks ago (within 24 hours). I suspect false alarm due to not reading details.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:12 pm

Below is the email from Expedia Travel Services <[email protected]>
Did you also receive an email from Expedia titled
Expedia travel confirmation - Jan 31 - (Itinerary # 7356380299627)
If so, half-way down the page you'll find not only the 6-digit confirmation number but also a Ticket # that will begin 180 followed by 10 more numeric digits.
Many credit card statements also display this same ticket number.
Let us know. [With a ticket number in hand, there are lots of avenues to follow. If you never received a ticket number, I doubt there's much recourse....]
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:06 pm

Does anyone else have two Delta flights NYC-ATL and reverse in Korean's website?

They initially showed as KE3536, KE3533 as it should (EWR-ATL-EWR), but now have a "4th leg" which is the same flight as the E class, but shows as Q class and DL coded (807 and 1942) and has a red "unknown" under the flight #.

I saw this a week ago, but still there.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dominick
Does anyone else have two Delta flights NYC-ATL and reverse in Korean's website?

They initially showed as KE3536, KE3533 as it should (EWR-ATL-EWR), but now have a "4th leg" which is the same flight as the E class, but shows as Q class and DL coded (807 and 1942) and has a red "unknown" under the flight #.

I saw this a week ago, but still there.
Not here - my DL flights only appear on KE's site with the KE flight number.

Can you check your reservation on Delta.com? Is it possible there was a schedule change or some other minor adjustment to your flights?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:52 pm

Interesting.... all looked ok, then I did a double take... it shows that my inbound DPS-ICN does not show on Delta.com. certainly does in Korean website!

I may have to call this one........urgh
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Interesting.... all looked ok, then I did a double take... it shows that my inbound DPS-ICN does not show on Delta.com. certainly does in Korean website!

Whenever a ticket is issued by another airline and the first segment isn’t operated by DL, the segment won’t show on DL.com. You can just check whether your flight is still ok on the Saudia Airlines website. In the past, whenever I’ve flown on a KL or AF ticket, the first segment (intra-European operated by KL or AF) didn’t show on DL.com. If you want to be sure, just look at your itinerary on KE.com.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.... it shows that my inbound DPS-ICN does not show on Delta.com. certainly does in Korean website!

Why bother? This a KE fare on KE ticket. DL website is only of relevance for DL operated segments.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Why bother? This a KE fare on KE ticket. DL website is only of relevance for DL operated segments.
Haven't called yet, but was curious because of those duplicate DL segments on KE website and now missing KE segment on DL website (seems to be normal as per above).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.