Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Delta says on their website that they won't give MQMs or mileage credit from anything booked from hotwire or priceline. And i can't find this fare anywhere else. EEK!

Here is the excerpt i pulled from their website:
  • Bookings made through some Internet sites as described at those sites, including without limitation tickets purchased through priceline.com and Hotwire.com.
FWIW, I booked AM business NYC>SCL on priceline.com earlier this year and got full mileage/MQMs/MQDs

Also, I just chose all my seats (KE, DL, GA) on the Korean Air site, using my KE confirmation code (and see my DL number on the KE site), so I can't imagine this won't be honored, unless there's been something new that would enforce what they are showing on the site. This looks like it's a regular C fare on KE - i.e. not a hotwire/priceline consolidator fare that might trigger DL to not credit. Same thing happened with the AM flight from earlier this year.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Kosmo Suite is an F product. You must be referring to Prestige Suite (vs. Prestige Sleeper on the old configuration).
Yes, you are right. My apologies.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
FWIW, I booked AM business NYC>SCL on priceline.com earlier this year and got full mileage/MQMs/MQDs

Also, I just chose all my seats (KE, DL, GA) on the Korean Air site, using my KE confirmation code (and see my DL number on the KE site), so I can't imagine this won't be honored, unless there's been something new that would enforce what they are showing on the site. This looks like it's a regular C fare on KE - i.e. not a hotwire/priceline consolidator fare that might trigger DL to not credit. Same thing happened with the AM flight from earlier this year.
If you login on DL, you should see your itinerary show up under My Trips as well. On KE's site when viewing My Trips, you can click on the Search icon under Passenger section and it will generate a PDF of your itinerary and eticket. If you have GA flights, the KE pnr can be used on GA website as well.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fare available on Travelocity.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is an economy fare that is booking into business class. I suspect that's a mistake.

KE's cheapest published true business class fare on this route is a $4930 R fare. The cheapest C fare is over $12k.

Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
This looks like it's a regular C fare on KE - i.e. not a hotwire/priceline consolidator fare that might trigger DL to not credit.
Actually it's an E fare (ELX0ZRMZ) that is booking into a business class code on the KE segments

Regardless it's a great fare, and thanks to OP for finding and publishing it!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:14 am

Are KE metal flights on the 777 fully lie flat? Getting mixed up on my configurations here.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
This is an economy fare that is booking into business class. I suspect that's a mistake.

KE's cheapest published true business class fare on this route is a $4930 R fare. The cheapest C fare is over $12k.

Actually it's an E fare (ELX0ZRMZ) that is booking into a business class code on the KE segments

Regardless it's a great fare, and thanks to OP for finding and publishing it!
So, would we get E fare miles redemption for the entire flight or would we get mileage credit by each segment (i.e. 150% for C segments and 100% for E segments)?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
i wonder why you can't book this fare directly with KE or DL
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
If you can do a stopover in ICN you could do the mixed Cabin LA RTW ICN-TYO deal. You would just need a flight TYO-ICN to connect it all together.

James
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:06 pm

Cant find any dates that work.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by akhenaton
Are KE metal flights on the 777 fully lie flat? Getting mixed up on my configurations here.
KE flies two different 77W configurations. KE 77W. The 271 seat configuration has the Prestige suite, which is the all aisle access Apex suite . . . one of the two or three best business class seats in the sky. The 291 seat configuration is the Prestige sleeper, which is an older seat, not direct aisle access, and does not go completely flat.

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
So, would we get E fare miles redemption for the entire flight or would we get mileage credit by each segment (i.e. 150% for C segments and 100% for E segments)?
Can't predict that. There's certainly some risk it will credit based on the fare basis code (E) rather than booking code (C).
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Can't predict that. There's certainly some risk it will credit based on the fare basis code (E) rather than booking code (C).
That said, Y-up fares like this are really common on Delta and SkyTeam partner airlines; I know Ive booked at least one AeroMexico trip with a Q fare basis that booked and credited as I class flights. Delta themselves also often offers Y-up fares that credit as the effective business fare, not the underlying coach one. I cant say I have much KE experience because the relationship with DL is so new, but I suspect these flights will credit correctly as C for all segments except the JFK-ATL-JFK ones that book into E.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by BenA

That said, Y-up fares like this are really common on Delta and SkyTeam partner airlines; I know Ive booked at least one AeroMexico trip with a Q fare basis that booked and credited as I class flights. Delta themselves also often offers Y-up fares that credit as the effective business fare, not the underlying coach one. I cant say I have much KE experience because the relationship with DL is so new, but I suspect these flights will credit correctly as C for all segments except the JFK-ATL-JFK ones that book into E.
don't see anything in the fare basis/booking code on OP's fare (ELX0ZRMZ) to support this though

eg for DL's YUP fare JFK-LAS
QA0IA0FQ

FIRST CLASS SELL-UP
BOOKING CODE EXCEPTIONS
VIA DL Q/A PERMITTED A WHEN Q AVAILABLE
VIA DL Q/I PERMITTED I WHEN Q AVAILABLE
VIA DL Q REQUIRED

Q is coach, I/A is business
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:50 pm

EDIT: Nevermind - I just had to choose Korean Air as the preferred airline in the search criteria and it worked no problem.

EDIT 2: Actually, that didn't work because then it shows up all economy and no business. Any help is appreciated!

Has anyone been able to make this work with a stopover in ICN via Hotwire (or anywhere else)? I would love to take advantage of this next April given I'll be close to NYC anyways.

Last edited by nickohrn; Jun 2, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
I keep getting "We weren't able to proceed with your booking. You may return to the previous page to try again. Otherwise, please try your search again." with all Expedia Group websites (expedia travelocity hotewire). Is this just me or is the fare blocked for reservation (even though it comes up in fare and availaility searches)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.