Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BenA
That said, Y-up fares like this are really common on Delta and SkyTeam partner airlines; I know I’ve booked at least one AeroMexico trip with a Q fare basis that booked and credited as I class flights. Delta themselves also often offers Y-up fares that credit as the effective business fare, not the underlying coach one. I can’t say I have much KE experience because the relationship with DL is so new, but I suspect these flights will credit correctly as C for all segments except the JFK-ATL-JFK ones that book into E.
There's nothing to indicate this is an up fare, as opposed to a mistake.

It would be irresponsible to guaranty anyone this will credit as a C vs. an E.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's nothing to indicate this is an up fare, as opposed to a mistake.

It would be irresponsible to guaranty anyone this will credit as a C vs. an E.
If this fare is in fact a mistake, the most likely scenario would be that Korean Air attempts to cancel the tickets upfront and/or offers passengers the option of a downgrade to economy before travel.

If you're able to check in and travel in business class, it's highly likely the miles will post reflecting the C fare class shown at booking. I'm not aware of a situation where Delta looks at the underlying fare basis to determine mileage credit for partner itineraries. Even for their own flights, it only really seems to come into play when a flight has been changed to a different booking class due to an upgrade (either complimentary or via miles/certificates).

I would definitely advise anyone traveling on this fare to save as many receipts as possible showing the C fare class code, of course, in case of a dispute.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
FWIW I just officially waitlisted for an upgrade from Prestige to First (on one leg KE ATL>ICN), meaning, among other things, that KE definitely sees this as a legit C fare. Delta probably does as well. Booked via Hotwire.
BenA likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
FWIW I just officially waitlisted for an upgrade from Prestige to First (on one leg KE ATL>ICN), meaning, among other things, that KE definitely sees this as a legit C fare. Delta probably does as well. Booked via Hotwire.
How did you request the upgrade?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by island82
How did you request the upgrade?
Called KE. 40K Skypass points for NA>Asia. Will transfer CSR points if something opens up. Confirmed that I can use Skypass points on reservation without changing where miles/MQDs/MQMs will be credited.
island82 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by footastic
Was able to snag KE metal on 1/09 - 1/24 round trip.
Are you using Hotwire? I still can't find KE metal. Only shows Delta & Garuda metal flights. Other sample dates will be much appreciated.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by mileageking
Are you using Hotwire? I still can't find KE metal. Only shows Delta & Garuda metal flights. Other sample dates will be much appreciated.
2/6 - 2/20 NYC-DPS at 7:59 am is all KE for everything except the LGA-ATL legs. https://vacation.hotwire.com/Flights...on.hotwire.com
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by murphy

2/6 - 2/20 NYC-DPS at 7:59 am is all KE for everything except the LGA-ATL legs. https://vacation.hotwire.com/Flights...on.hotwire.com
thank you ^
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by PointsAdams
I just booked by calling AMEX Platinum travel. I had to give the exact flight numbers for it to price out correctly and included a one day stop over in Korea.
How did you exactly get mixed cabin? I just called them and this rep did not know how to do it although I had all the flight numbers ready to feed.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:28 am

Garuda does not fly ICN-DPS or DPS-ICN on Wednesdays. This might be helpful to know if you're trying to pull up KE-metal itineraries.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only seems work with NYC-ATL-ICN not JFK-ICN nonstop. Perhaps it is new DL codeshare which confused booking class mapping. JFK-ICN is valid routing.

Anyone knows what KE E class on DL codeshare maps to? I hope it is not DL E class.

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 3, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TerryK
Only seems work with NYC-ATL-ICN not JFK-ICN nonstop. Perhaps it is new DL codeshare which confused booking class mapping. JFK-ICN is valid routing.

Anyone knows what KE E class on DL codeshare maps to? I hope it is not DL E class.
There isn't a direct "mapping" between KE E and an underlying DL fare - Delta recognizes it as KE E, and doesn't assign it a class of their own. That said, judging by the earnings chart, it's a medium-high fare - something like H, Q, or K on Delta metal, just below Y/B/M full fare economy.

I can confirm that Delta is not applying Basic Economy rules to these fares - getting economy seats assigned on the domestic hops was a cinch on Delta.com. (No Comfort+ upgrades, though; might call in a few weeks to see if that's possible, though it doesn't really matter as I've got excellent exit row seats assigned. My past experience with codeshares has been that upgrades are possible on day of departure if there's any inventory left, but you can't join the advance waitlist until then.)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Why are folks calling the airline while this exceptional fare is still active? Rule #1 of this forum is to not call the airlines while the deal is still alive.
BenA, Kacee, ristasm and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Why are folks calling the airline while this exceptional fare is still active? Rule #1 of this forum is to not call the airlines while the deal is still alive.
Because this is 2018 any everyone is focused on his own advantage ( first class ). The more public this board became, the more people who dont care you get here.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
The calls people are talking about seem to be to Amex Travel, not the airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.