Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ncSam
Would a DL codeshare earn miles on AS, though? Looks like AS is a pretty good place to credit these flights.
AS gives miles for KE flights that are both marketed and operated by KE. In addition to excluding the DL operated flights, this would also exclude any GA operated flights (i.e. from DPS - ICN). Care needs to be taken with this fare if the goal is to maximize AS miles.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paperwastage
Fare says 1/8/19-5/3/19 or 17AUG-2DEC (2018)

Mon-thurs transpacific departurel only

There may be other fares(and dates) that allow this mixed class, you'll have to trial and error
From what I can tell, Sunday-Thursday departures seem to be able to be refunded/changed for $200, according to the OTA. Other departures seem to be non-refundable. This is according to the OTA and not the official fare rules, though.

Last edited by ncSam; Jun 1, 2018 at 1:33 pm
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by ncSam
From what I can tell, Sunday-Thursday departures seem to be able to be refunded/changed for $200, according to the OTA. Other departures seem to be non-refundable. This is according to the OTA and not the official fare rules, though.
got the ticket thanks OP

Departing 4.9.2018

rules:
Refund penalty will be applied. (Penalty USD200)

Refund service charge will be collected separately even if the refund penalty is not applicable.
Refund service charge may differ depending on the ticket payment currency.
Refund Service Charge : KRW 30,000 / JPY 2,500 / CAD 35 / EUR 30 / IDR 430,000 / Other
Currency USD 30
Refund request must be made within 30 days from the expiration date of the ticket validity.
Reissued ticket may be liable for a penalty stated on itself or on the original ticket.
Refund should be requested by a registered holder of a ticket (a legal guardian for a minor). For
the information of necessary documents for 3rd party’s request on refund, please check with
the Korean Air Service Center, the Korean Air office, or the travel agency where the ticket was
purchased.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
This would have been really handy a few weeks ago!

Flying to DPS from NYC at the end of the month and burned a load of miles for OS Business, CX First and paid cash GA J to/from HKG!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
AS gives miles for KE flights that are both marketed and operated by KE.
and flight number must be in AS's list of eligible KE flight numbers. For KE, the list is pretty good and extensive, don't see any issues with dps-icn and icn-alt flight numbers if operated by ke

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ers/korean-air

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Korean Air.
Eligible flight numbers
0001–1999
2000–2999
6000–6999
8000–8999
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
just booked

as AS MVP 75K you will get amazing 73K Award Miles and about 26K Elite Miles if you do ATL-ICN-DPS rt.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:57 pm

I just booked by calling AMEX Platinum travel. I had to give the exact flight numbers for it to price out correctly and included a one day stop over in Korea.
BenA likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by PointsAdams
I just booked by calling AMEX Platinum travel. I had to give the exact flight numbers for it to price out correctly and included a one day stop over in Korea.
Did it price out lower via Amex or same as Hotwire?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:30 pm

I can't seem to price it out correctly with a stopover in Seoul. Help?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Roamingredcoat
Did it price out lower via Amex or same as Hotwire?
It is about the same ~$1870
Roamingredcoat likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by skimmilk90
I can't seem to price it out correctly with a stopover in Seoul. Help?
I had to call AMEX Platinum travel and tell them that I wanted a stopover and I gave them the flight number that I wanted to take the following day.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
I'm wondering what this will mean in terms of class paid/flown. I looked at my Hotwire receipt and saw that my fare basis is E but I'm in C. I'm trying to fulfill MQDs for DL DM, and I'm just worried that it'll credit at E instead of C (20% vs. 40%) when it comes to MQDs...
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
UGH! I booked the Bos-PEK Delta deal a few weeks ago and then having to overnight in PEK and spend 80,000 points for a biz class flight R/T from PEK to DPS. And i paid $2,141 for that flight.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Anyone seeing this for 2018 dates? Cant seem to recreate prior to 1/8/19

found some - difficult finding returns but found alot of outbounds hmm

Last edited by footastic; Jun 1, 2018 at 6:49 pm Reason: found some
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:32 pm

Anyone able to get KE metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.