Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

$1150 19.5K MQMs & $3900 MQDs a good deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1150 19.5K MQMs & $3900 MQDs a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver, Skymiles Peon, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Chase Reserve
PRN stands for?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtu_flyer
PRN stands for?
PNR
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_name_record

Otherwise known as a Reservation. In order to enjoy the same upgrade status, you must be booked together on the same reservation. There's no way to combine reservations that were booked separately. There's also no way to book an award reservation and a revenue reservation together on the same reservation.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mtu_flyer
I’m relatively new to this game as up until now my husband and I have only sought Silver status on FlyingBlue using the 15 segments strategy however with FB changing their program later this year, that strategy seems to be a bad deal. Now that Delta Skymiles allows companions to get all the benefits of the ticket holder including upgrades, it seems that Skymiles is way easier and cheaper to seek a higher level of status. I’m doing some searching last night, I found a round trip route with 1-stop on a Delta partner airline in business class that according to my calculation would net me 19.5K MQMs and $3900 MQDs at the cost of $1150. This route originates from an airport that I can get to via a low cost Delta flight. It’s a weekend flight and I’ve found the same deal for other weekends for the next few months. Is this a good deal? I really could use some advice from experience flyers and would really appreciate your advice for this newbie!
May I ask what routing/city pairs you are finding? I am also looking at this same deal but coming up remotely empty.
Thank you......
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver, Skymiles Peon, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Chase Reserve
Originally Posted by token385
May I ask what routing/city pairs you are finding? I am also looking at this same deal but coming up remotely empty.
Thank you......
Would have been nice to pick it up for 50% off on the error-fare sale but otherwise still a fairly good deal considering 200% MQMs and MQDs

- ERROR FARE - SUMMER: Business Class from US cities to Lima, Peru for only $521 roundtrip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.