Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by yutuyu

I have no problem in you thinking that I am not on this flight, but let me just show you the difference between the ticket I bought online, and the one AF issued me. Note the fare, on is 1515ishUSD one is 7500ishEUR.
Meaning that they manually issued my ticket at the regular price, and only chargers me 1289ish EUR on my CC.
As in the system I paid the normal price, it won't ever never be CXed (by AF at least)
I am dying to know if you received your boarding pass for this flight and if it is still F

It will make my day to know that a few were able to take advantage of this opportunity

CC
coffee18 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
That's ok. I'll be billing AF for positioning flights, hotels, cars, etc. If they want to cancel like this willy nilly without communication - they will simply have to pay the admin service fee to me mandated by the DOT for cancelling.

They can keep La Premiere exclusive and likely keep my seat empty - but they'll still be paying for me to go to London, in accordance with DOT rules. Or they can honor the booking. Will be looking to apply the DOT rules with the same inflexibility AF and KL agents use most times when following fare rules to the T.

Remember folks - Delta honored last time around when they saw all the nonrefundable expenses they'd otherwise have to pay - so lets just hit AF in the wallet at least. They could end up honoring some, and if not, it'll cost them, per DOT rules.
Originally Posted by Airprox
Hilarious. Might I suggest a reading of the DOT rule before you go booking all this stuff that you expect AF to pay for (which they won't be).
Airprox is right. They have to reimburse you for non-refundable verifiable costs incurred before your AF ticket was cancelled. While most airfare tickets are "non-refundable" there always a cancelation fee option. So in order to take advantage of making AF pay you would have to submit a reciept that shows you canceled your reservation along with the cost of cancelation. That is all they have to do to make you whole per the rule. Dont anticipate you making money off it. Thats not what the rule states.

Additionally that rule hasnt been tested on a large scale. You may have to take them to court to get them to pay up. As this tickets new value is somewhere in the 12k range, you are likely unable to use small claims court too.

Good Luck!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop

Oh geez...
We have firmly moved into the retaliation stage of the process. But I guess somebody has to flight these battles for all of us.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:49 am

We booked a round trip ticket clicking to Delta's website through Google Flights, the reservation is still showing on Delta with first class and is showing on AF as PE. We have first class seats selected which we did through the KLM website.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
Are people getting emails stating they are canceled or are they just disappearing?
No E-mail or other communication - mine is just gone.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer

I would have paid this price for AF business class on the 777 configured with the new BEST seats.
But, I wouldn’t have paid this price for AF business class in A380 with the old NEV3/NEV4 seats. Not willing to fly those again.
If it were only A380 i'd say the $1500 price is about right, But I don't feel so bad missing out on the A380. Though its not as cramped as the non-A380 BA F seat (More like J+) which I have seen in J for under $2000 as a legit price.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by sgan317
Airprox is right. They have to reimburse you for non-refundable verifiable costs incurred before your AF ticket was cancelled.
But with no communication, not even an email, there'd be no way for the layperson to even know their ticket was canceled.

And there's all kinds of travel purchases that frequently do not have cancellation options. Many hotels offer rates that require full upfront payment with no refunds if you can't use the room. Cruise itineraries have similar products.

I understand we're not entitled to these fares, but as consumers, I think we're entitled to some transparency and communication. At least without having to rely on third party discussion forums for answers.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
My AF ticket: Your reservation file is empty. Please contact our customer service for information about this file.
Saudia shows as "Coupon Status: Void"
Charge still shows as "Pending" under AMEX cc.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CNMAZ
We booked a round trip ticket clicking to Delta's website through Google Flights, the reservation is still showing on Delta with first class and is showing on AF as PE. We have first class seats selected which we did through the KLM website.
You can work with seats right on Delta’s website.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by josephstern

You can work with seats right on Delta’s website.

Thanks but I could not select a seat when the reservation was made and I now can not change the seat on DL's website.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
AF stock cancelled, DL stock still intact.

Looking up my 006 ticket on Saudia shows coupon status as AIRPORT CONTROL.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zebranz
My AF ticket: Your reservation file is empty. Please contact our customer service for information about this file.
Same so I have contacted CS. Currently on hold after rep says "I've never seen this code "Ticket Void - Incorrect Fare" let me make a call for you."
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:33 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Madone59
No E-mail or other communication - mine is just gone.
Same. Booked direct with AF just a single one wasy LAX-CDG-LHR for mid May.

ExpertFlyer sent me a seat alert around 3:30AM EST that was the only notice I have gotten.

Checking on AF just shows up as an error.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Anegada
Looking up my 006 ticket on Saudia shows coupon status as AIRPORT CONTROL.
When were you fixin' on flyin'?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Mine got canceled. Are people seeing their credit card refunded? Quick to cancel the ticket. Slow to dish out the refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.