Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:07 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by irishguy28
DL have a better track record than their partners at honouring mistake fares...

Dang....I booked mine on af.com for the extra DL earnings.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
These are just the service charges (none). If you change it before flying any of it then it will reprice to current fares without any change fee (which is what the above says).

>If you fly any of it, then you can change for free as long as the flight you are changing to has the same fare class available.
Could you please elaborate on this last part about changing after flying part of it?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Third time's the charm ;-)

PS: You're not a certain 59-year old with an artist name similar to your login name here, who would be well used to travelling between LAX and LHR in first class, would you???

Nope, just a guy who rides a Trek (Madone 5.9) Bike. Also, I like your optimism - lets fly us some Air France!!

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by northdakota
Total noob question but what do you mean AF vs. DL stock? You mean where the mileage is credited? It shouldn't matter what airline you book with (DL vs. AF) correct. Should earn 300% MQMs and 60% MQDs regardless when credited to Delta?
What matters for getting 300%/60% is that it's AF *marketed* (at least for after Jan 1). to my reading it doesn't matter who sells you the ticket as long as it has a AF flight number on your ticket.

I bought from AF because I couldn't (quickly enough) get Delta to give me first class and/or AF flight numbers.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by manacit
YAF == 056.
057!!!

I had to look up 056. It's unassigned!
manacit likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Doesn't make sense - or you are saying DL has control over how much AF charges their fare? I booked my ticket on AF.com with AF flight numbers.

Yes, they are JV partners and do work together on pricing fares, but I suspect both airlines still independently determine and file their own fares.
As apart of the JV, Delta has been delegated responsibility for pricing AF originating (both one-way and r/t) from the US. AF is responsible for pricing originating from Europe. This is why this fare worked both round-trip and one-way from the US but not the other way around from Europe.
PV_Premier likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Interested hearing about those that say AF wanted a reprice. My receipts show a pretty generous change and cancellation policy...
Everyone's receipt says that.

But it doesn't mean you're not subject to a hefty re-price if you actually go to change your ticket!!!
manacit likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Milage Plus

Originally Posted by 355F1
yesss!!!!!!

You, sir, win the internet post of the day award!!!!

Looking forward to your updates!!!!
I have no problem in you thinking that I am not on this flight, but let me just show you the difference between the ticket I bought online, and the one AF issued me. Note the fare, on is 1515ishUSD one is 7500ishEUR.
Meaning that they manually issued my ticket at the regular price, and only chargers me 1289ish EUR on my CC.
As in the system I paid the normal price, it won't ever never be CXed (by AF at least)
PV_Premier and MrShyGuy like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by yutuyu
I have no problem in you thinking that I am not on this flight, but let me just show you the difference between the ticket I bought online, and the one AF issued me. Note the fare, on is 1515ishUSD one is 7500ishEUR.
Meaning that they manually issued my ticket at the regular price, and only chargers me 1289ish EUR on my CC.
As in the system I paid the normal price, it won't ever never be CXed (by AF at least)
Wow! Flying La Premiere but using an iPhone running iOS 6!

That's very interesting, it sounds like you might stand the best chance of getting away with it
irishguy28, bhamsan01 and katola like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:19 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

I didn't question your post; it was others claiming I was stupid for believing you.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Milage Plus
Originally Posted by manacit
Wow! Flying La Premiere but using an iPhone running iOS 6!

That's very interesting, it sounds like you might stand the best chance of getting away with it
is there any problem with me not want to upgrade my iPhone 5 to any of the latter and slowy iOS?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
yutuyu My bridge is no longer for sale. Well done.
MrShyGuy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Everyone's receipt says that.
But it doesn't mean you're not subject to a hefty re-price if you actually go to change your ticket!!!
Only the first flight. Changing return date (or adding a CDG stopover) should not reprice.

Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Only the first flight. Changing return date (or adding a CDG stopover) should not reprice.
Then I invite you to please post your changed return (inbound) date showing a change fee of $0....

(Please note: I already changed my inbound flights for no fee - while the deal was still live. It is no longer possible to change for free, as evidenced below)
Attached Images  
manacit likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG

Where can you find the second document? I only received the electronic ticket document by email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.