Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
Why did you book on DL ticket stock? Don't you get significantly less MQMs, RDMs, etc?
Wasnt by choice, I intially was booked on to AF stock and then made a change adding a stopover in CDG and when it reticketed it put me on DL stock, which I thought was weird.

It looks like I can credit to VS and get 400% RDM (approx 24k) or if I credit to DL I will get around 17k RDM. No shot at status with my one, one way ticket, Im an AA loyalist anyways, so going to the most RDM.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: FB Gold, BA Gold, QR Gold
Can they cancel the remaining tickets after a few people actually fly ?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
If others are sitting in F in a month on these, that'll cinch the deal for me.
Me too. My ticket is in March.

Originally Posted by Secretflyer101
Sure. In the 2012 (?) SQ award mistake some people got to fly and some didn't. In the 2015 AA J to PEK mistake some got to fly and some didn't. Many factors involved in those very different tickets but the simple answer is: Yes there can be mixed results.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by sgan317
Wasnt by choice, I intially was booked on to AF stock and then made a change adding a stopover in CDG and when it reticketed it put me on DL stock, which I thought was weird.

It looks like I can credit to VS and get 400% RDM (approx 24k) or if I credit to DL I will get around 17k RDM. No shot at status with my one, one way ticket, Im an AA loyalist anyways, so going to the most RDM.
Total noob question but what do you mean AF vs. DL stock? You mean where the mileage is credited? It shouldn't matter what airline you book with (DL vs. AF) correct. Should earn 300% MQMs and 60% MQDs regardless when credited to Delta?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum/LT Silver, AS: MVP
Booked 2 tickets on Nov 5. Here's hoping they honor them.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by Secretflyer101
Yes. The DOT does not require them to honor them at all, regardless of who's flown on one before or not.

Originally Posted by northdakota
Total noob question but what do you mean AF vs. DL stock? You mean where the mileage is credited? It shouldn't matter what airline you book with (DL vs. AF) correct. Should earn 300% MQMs and 60% MQDs regardless when credited to Delta?
It depends on who's issued the ticket - the earning rates are different when you're flying on AF metal with a DL issued ticket. In this case, you'd know depending on the number your ticket starts with: DL == 006, AF == 056.

If DL issues the ticket, the mileage earning works based on their charts, and not the AF partner fare.

There are three things that matter: Marketing Carrier (the flight number, i.e. AF123 vs DL123), the ticketing carrier (006 ticket vs 057 ticket) and the operating carrier (i.e. who's plane is it).

In this case, regardless of where you booked, AF is the operating carrier. Depending on where you booked, it could be an 006 ticket with DL flight numbers, or an 057 ticket with AF flight numbers. If you want to earn Sky Miles, the AF ticket is what you want, as the partner earning rates are more generous compared to a DL ticket.

Sorry, that's confusing, I hope I typed that out right.
groovyfly likes this.

Last edited by manacit; Dec 19, 2017 at 12:14 pm
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by northdakota
If you booked on DL stock, you'll earn RDMs/MQMs/MQDs as if it's a Delta flight. If you booked on AF stock, you'll earn based on if it's an AF flight. This is the case regardless of which program you credit to.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Madone59
Sure. In the 2012 (?) SQ award mistake some people got to fly and some didn't. In the 2015 AA J to PEK mistake some got to fly and some didn't. Many factors involved in those very different tickets but the simple answer is: Yes there can be mixed results.
Come to think of it I got to fly both the SQ and AA mistakes..............maybe it is a sign for everyone we'll be OK. OR maybe it is a sign my luck is up and I've doomed this mistake?? We will have to wait and find out
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Interested hearing about those that say AF wanted a reprice. My receipts show a pretty generous change and cancellation policy...

Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:00 pm

I tried to reprice as well to add a longer layover, and it wanted to charge several thousand dollars.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
SFO based and missed this one
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
Why did you book on DL ticket stock? Don't you get significantly less MQMs, RDMs, etc?
DL have a better track record than their partners at honouring mistake fares...
355F1 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Madone59
Come to think of it I got to fly both the SQ and AA mistakes..............maybe it is a sign for everyone we'll be OK. OR maybe it is a sign my luck is up and I've doomed this mistake?? We will have to wait and find out
Third time's the charm ;-)

PS: You're not a certain 59-year old with an artist name similar to your login name here, who would be well used to travelling between LAX and LHR in first class, would you???

Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SFO777
Interested hearing about those that say AF wanted a reprice. My receipts show a pretty generous change and cancellation policy...

These are just the service charges (none). If you change it before flying any of it then it will reprice to current fares without any change fee (which is what the above says).

>If you fly any of it, then you can change for free as long as the flight you are changing to has the same fare class available.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Lufthansa, United, SPG Gold
As stated at the start of the thread, I booked several tickets, and the first one is on Dec 30th.

I actually need to be in Europe and was looking for a nice ticket on that weekend when the deal hit. I am thinking that even if AirFrance says it should be an economy ticket, I would still fly it. Economy right now is $2,400 one way SFO-CDG-LHR on Dec 30th.

I am on the camp that thinks this will not be honored, but I am still curious if they would even allow flying on any class. This can't be good any way you slice it for their PR department.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.