Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Original premium fare deal was for QR J class travel, originating in Vietnam (SGN and HAN) to several destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Travel period 8/2017 - 3/2018 inclusive, RT fares in the USD 500 - 700 range (USD $0.05 base fare).

Reports have now been circulating that all held, non-purchased fares have been canceled by the airline. Some held and then purchased fares were also canceled, but several reports indicate at least some of those have been re-instated.

For more information on flying Qatar Airways, visit the FT forum: Qatar Airways | Privilege Club. This thread in that forum is especially useful: Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard.

This wikipost is intended to help us better understand if there are any trends (by route, travel date, and/or held/ticketed status) in these cancellations. In all entries, please include: outbound or inbound departure date, origin-destination, original ticket status (only *if* "Held" or "Ticketed after Hold"), and current ticket status only *if* your ticket was cancelled ("Cancelled" or "Cancelled & Reinstated").

August HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Aug 05 SGN-Africa - Ticketed after Hold.
Aug 08 SGN-EZE
Aug 13 EZE-SGN
Aug 23 HAN-FRA

September HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Sep XX HAN-GRU
Sep 21 SGN-JFK
Sep 30 SGN-ORD - mster
Sep XX HAN-PHL
Sep XX SGN-JFK
Sep XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled & Reinstated.

October HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Oct 03 ORD-SGN - mster
Oct 07 SGN-DFW - mster
Oct 13 DFW-SGN - mster
Oct XX SGN-JNB

November HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Nov 05 SGN-JFK - trapped
Nov 07 JFK-SGN - trapped
Nov 09 SGN-ORD - trapped
Nov 16 ORD-SGN - trapped
Nov XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.

December HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Dec 23 SGN-DFW pbg
Dec 28 DFW-SGN pbg
Dec 28 SGN-DFW
Dec XX SGN-DFW

January HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Jan 10 DFW-SGN
Jan 11 HAN-DFW
Jan 13 DFW-HAN
Jan 25 SGN-ORD - Booked via OTA. Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet late Jan)
Jan 31 HAN-ATL - mster
Jan XX SGN-SOF
Jan XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.
Jan XX SGN-Africa
Jan XX DFW-SGN
Jan XX SGN-PHL
Jan XX SGN-EZE/GRU - Three RTs.
Jan XX SGN-DFW
Jan XX SGN-DFW

February HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Feb 20 ATL-HAN - mster
Feb XX SGN-JNB
Feb XX PHL-SGN
Feb XX GRU-SGN - Three RTs.
Feb 09 ORD-SGN - Booked via OTA. Davem4
Feb 10 SGN-WAW - Booked via OTA. - Davem4
Feb XX SGN-JFK - Booked via OTA - lcpteck

March HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Mar 01 SGN-ATL - mster
Mar 07 ATL-SGN - mster
Mar 04 SGN-JFK
Mar 19 JFK-SGN
Mar 01 HAN-MIA
Mar 04 MIA-HAN
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar 03 WAW-SGN - Booked via OTA. - Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet early Mar)

Held & Cancelled
Aug XX SGN-FRA - Held. Cancelled.
Oct XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Nov / Feb SGN-PHL - Held. Cancelled. (Held ~7:30pm. No record when I went to ticket Monday @8:30am.)
Jan / Feb SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by savekenny
How do you request STPC hotel accom. in advance? Because this is different than +Qatar, which may be booked online.
You can refer to this thread for the discussion and info on QR STPC.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mster
​​​​​​
Interesting. So just to confirm - even though your fare was less than $400 OW (T&C say RT price / 2) and your layover was less than 12 hours they still offered you STPC? Was transit provided too or did you cover that?

Has ayone been denied an STPC on this fare specifically due to the price being below the the price threshold stated in the T&Cs?
As an update and to your question, I was denied STPC on the return specifically bc the price was under the threshold. I even tried to push arguing I received it on the outbound flight layover, but they wouldn’t budge.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by tde211
As an update and to your question, I was denied STPC on the return specifically bc the price was under the threshold. I even tried to push arguing I received it on the outbound flight layover, but they wouldn’t budge.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:35 pm

Checked in online and it only gave me a boarding pass for SGN-DOH (and not DOH-USA) even though I'm showing as checked in for both segments.

EDIT: Nevermind. The "Boarding Pass" attachment they emailed me is just instructions to proceed to document check...

Last edited by mster; Sep 29, 2017 at 11:43 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:48 pm

Is the QR contract lounge (Rose) or the priority pass lounge (Orchid) at SGN is better?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by mster
Is the QR contract lounge (Rose) or the priority pass lounge (Orchid) at SGN is better?
Virtually identical.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:25 am

Anyone attempted changing the return, after flying the outbound?

Was it possible and how much did it cost to change?

Thanks!
frausflyer likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:34 am

I am trying same but the QR iPhone app gives me Error message.
ktkw likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by bivinco
I am trying same but the QR iPhone app gives me Error message.
If you get the chance to try using a computer or even better over a phone call please let me know!

I'm flying mid October, and can't try until then.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ktkw
If you get the chance to try using a computer or even better over a phone call please let me know!

I'm flying mid October, and can't try until then.
I'm curious about this as well, but have followed this thread closely and haven't seen any reports one way or the other yet.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:05 am

I'm on the fence for using this ticket. A while back I read in this thread if you cancel on Qatars website you will get a refund. Just wanted to confirm if in fact this is the case?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kokinos
I'm on the fence for using this ticket. A while back I read in this thread if you cancel on Qatars website you will get a refund. Just wanted to confirm if in fact this is the case?
I requested a refunded for a completely unused ticket via the website form and was refunded the full amount (including YQ). Their ecommerce team replied to the ticket created by the form within 2 days and the refund was back on my AMEX a couple days afterwards.

I did run into a ton of issues trying to submit the refund request using the 'Cancel / Request Refund' button in the Manage Booking section on QR's website. I ended up having to call customer service to fully process the cancellation and start the refund process.

Last edited by jxw181; Oct 2, 2017 at 4:14 pm Reason: Quoting incorrect
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: IKEA Family
Starting this one today with positioning, 2 trips upcoming. Flying (AMS - DOH - ) SGN - DOH - GRU - DOH - SGN - DOH - JFK - DOH - SGN ( - DOH - AMS) in the next two and a half weeks, my most insane itin so far .

If anyone is somewhere on the route as well and is up for meeting up, ping me

Last edited by Evianon; Oct 19, 2017 at 8:31 pm
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:01 am

For those that haven't transited DOH yet the Doha airport really is incredible. Excellent layout for transfers to connecting flights, short walking distances, few delays due to weather / congestion... The Al Mourjan Business Lounge is perfect for getting work done too ^

Definitely enough of a win to make me lean towards patronizing QR in the future for routings where EY/EK/QR are all options.

For oneworld fans the efficiency is comparable to NRT and HEL.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:30 pm

Anyone successfully use the transfer desk at SGN rather than clearing immigration and customs / checking in for their next flight landside?

I've only been able to find transfer info for Vietnam Airlines passengers. In my specific case I'm arriving on QR DOH-SGN and then transferring to a Scoot flight SGN-SIN that departs 3+ hours later. Scoot only offers online check in when originating in SIN so I won't have a boarding pass.

EDIT: Transfer desk at SGN seems to only handle passengers connecting to a very short list of airlines (including VN and QR). Had to clear customs & immigration and check in there.

Last edited by mster; Oct 15, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.