Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Original premium fare deal was for QR J class travel, originating in Vietnam (SGN and HAN) to several destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Travel period 8/2017 - 3/2018 inclusive, RT fares in the USD 500 - 700 range (USD $0.05 base fare).

Reports have now been circulating that all held, non-purchased fares have been canceled by the airline. Some held and then purchased fares were also canceled, but several reports indicate at least some of those have been re-instated.

For more information on flying Qatar Airways, visit the FT forum: Qatar Airways | Privilege Club. This thread in that forum is especially useful: Qatar Airways Forum Dashboard.

This wikipost is intended to help us better understand if there are any trends (by route, travel date, and/or held/ticketed status) in these cancellations. In all entries, please include: outbound or inbound departure date, origin-destination, original ticket status (only *if* "Held" or "Ticketed after Hold"), and current ticket status only *if* your ticket was cancelled ("Cancelled" or "Cancelled & Reinstated").

August HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Aug 05 SGN-Africa - Ticketed after Hold.
Aug 08 SGN-EZE
Aug 13 EZE-SGN
Aug 23 HAN-FRA

September HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Sep XX HAN-GRU
Sep 21 SGN-JFK
Sep 30 SGN-ORD - mster
Sep XX HAN-PHL
Sep XX SGN-JFK
Sep XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled & Reinstated.

October HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Oct 03 ORD-SGN - mster
Oct 07 SGN-DFW - mster
Oct 13 DFW-SGN - mster
Oct XX SGN-JNB

November HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Nov 05 SGN-JFK - trapped
Nov 07 JFK-SGN - trapped
Nov 09 SGN-ORD - trapped
Nov 16 ORD-SGN - trapped
Nov XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.

December HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Dec 23 SGN-DFW pbg
Dec 28 DFW-SGN pbg
Dec 28 SGN-DFW
Dec XX SGN-DFW

January HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Jan 10 DFW-SGN
Jan 11 HAN-DFW
Jan 13 DFW-HAN
Jan 25 SGN-ORD - Booked via OTA. Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet late Jan)
Jan 31 HAN-ATL - mster
Jan XX SGN-SOF
Jan XX HAN-PHL - Ticketed after Hold.
Jan XX SGN-Africa
Jan XX DFW-SGN
Jan XX SGN-PHL
Jan XX SGN-EZE/GRU - Three RTs.
Jan XX SGN-DFW
Jan XX SGN-DFW

February HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Feb 20 ATL-HAN - mster
Feb XX SGN-JNB
Feb XX PHL-SGN
Feb XX GRU-SGN - Three RTs.
Feb 09 ORD-SGN - Booked via OTA. Davem4
Feb 10 SGN-WAW - Booked via OTA. - Davem4
Feb XX SGN-JFK - Booked via OTA - lcpteck

March HAN/SGN-XXX & XXX-HAN/SGN
Mar 01 SGN-ATL - mster
Mar 07 ATL-SGN - mster
Mar 04 SGN-JFK
Mar 19 JFK-SGN
Mar 01 HAN-MIA
Mar 04 MIA-HAN
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar XX SGN-DFW
Mar 03 WAW-SGN - Booked via OTA. - Davem4 (Happy for SGN meet early Mar)

Held & Cancelled
Aug XX SGN-FRA - Held. Cancelled.
Oct XX SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Nov / Feb SGN-PHL - Held. Cancelled. (Held ~7:30pm. No record when I went to ticket Monday @8:30am.)
Jan / Feb SGN-JFK - Held. Cancelled.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Not sure if a Hold takes inventory out of a fare bucket until its ticketed .. but it seems like an error and QR has a mess on their hands
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by babypuwet
Mine has been cancelled. Ticketed last night immediately and this morning, I saw another poster mentioned theirs had been cancelled and I checked mine. Now it says "This trip cannot be found. It may have been cancelled"
What route did you book? Was it to the US?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd

Another attractive fare will be available soon....

Is it?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:56 am

I had 3 trips on hold (48h) to Africa and one that I paid for a couple hours later. Received the e-ticket on that one, credit card charged and selected my seats later on the website.

All 3 are now having the "This trip cannot be found. It may have been cancelled. (4649)" when trying to check my trips online.
I have not received any email from QR since confirmation of that one trip.

Cheers
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Hope everyone's tickets/bookings remain confirmed. Holding off on booking positioning flights until this clears up, but keep in mind that Air Asia is a cheap way to get from just about anywhere in SE Asia to Vietnam.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
One of two itins booked, paid for and eticket received, remain viable, the other cancelled.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
The Points Guy has an updated post: https://thepointsguy.com/2017/07/qat...ss-class-deal/. His ticket that was placed on hold and has also been cancelled.

Originally Posted by cliburn
I understand people's logic... I can just say the DOT did not care that AA did not honor their hold. And why I did not pay for the hold, it was offered in order to comply with the DOT's own 24 hour cancellation rule. So in effect, on that deal, they violated DOT regs (although they graciously offered people who bought the fare to cancel for free, after the fact).
Similarly for me. I had placed a oneworld Explorer round the world ticket on hold with AA using their free hold. The ticket price more than doubled during that hold period. DOT told me to bugger off.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Same boat re: Hold cancellation.

It would be interesting if anyone put holds on the Ams/Bru-TYO or Osl-BKK fare and these were similarly taken down or honored.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
luggage handling and immigration are two separate topics.
just because they can through check your luggage does not guarantee your ticket out of Vietnam is valid.
As you can see samples from above, your ticket may be cancelled at any time, and if the airline bringing you into Vietnam allowed you to board, your luggage and you would both be stuck in HAN/SGN.
Your luggage stuck in HAN/SGN isn't an offense for the airline to be fined/penalized by Vietnam, that is your personal problem to solve.
BUT, but having YOU stuck airside in HAN/SGN is an offense for the airline to be fined/penalized, and the airline's problem to solve!
As long as the airline bringing you in can't guarantee you wont need to enter the county, they will want to see the visa.
I really suggest you don't roll the dice at the airport!
Thanks for the advice and explanation. I guess to play safe I will just get a visa in hand to put my mind at rest.

It is probably my misunderstanding to think luggage interlining is designed to make travel with two separate tickets easier so that we just need to proceed to the transfer counter and get the next boarding pass (instead of clearing immigration, retrieve the luggage and go to the normal check-in counter). If
interlining agreement only saves the hassle with luggage, not immigration, then it's honestly not that helpful.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:22 am

When I booked these fares it said GOLDEN TICKET I booked and paid for both immediately.

SGN - JNB $550

HAN - JFK $650

Just checked my Qatar account and both bookings are in upcoming trips and both showing as confirmed.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Held SGN-JFK in Jan-Feb last night, was canceled this morning.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by jona970318
What route did you book? Was it to the US?
SGN-JFK for travel in september
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by babypuwet
SGN-JFK for travel in september
You might be the first report of cancellation on US route. Were you charged and ticketed??
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Placed mine on hold while I firmed up a few other things. Once I got that done, i ticketed the flights around 11PM PST and received the confirmation email with the e-ticket #s . I was able to select seats after that. However, this morning when I check my reservation online I see "This trip cannot be found. It may have been cancelled. (4649)".

My ticket was SGN-DFW.

Edit: Seems like they charged my CC as well even though it's still "Pending".
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Etihad Gold
Totally gone ? Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.