Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
But there are some lurkers who are buying several of these fares every month.
Several every month? Wow!! I was thinking maybe one a year, max
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by mhaines94108
I called back. Didn't mention the previous call. This time the change fee was $38 and then there was $205 in additional taxes for making a stopover in London. That seemed about right, so I went for it.

I got the call center agent to confirm that the outbound is IRCME and the return is RRCME.
Those numbers sound correct for a no change in fare. I did exactly the same as you today, called to move the final LHR-CAI of one trip so that it would set me up for the first leg of the next one - 650 EGP change (£28) and £164 which is the taxes (APD). For me this also has effect of alloting some "excess TPs" I would otherwise not need to meet this years Gold requirement and helpfully adding them to next years accumulation.

Not sure how good your agent was (I can only phone Bronze line) but mine was pretty clueless and was on and off hold for near 40mins whilst he presumably asked around all his colleagues!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:11 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
I don't know why but I cannot replicate Yours matrix search

I looking to book something like this

CAI-LHR march 2018

HEL-LHR-NYC ........... MIA-LHR, may 2018

HEL-LHR-CAI sept 2018

is it possible with this fare?
I choose HEL to maximize TP
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by p78

CAI-LHR march 2018

HEL-LHR-CAI sept 2018

The open jaw to HEL might break the fare, but I don't know. Also, I don't think you can transit LHR twice in the same direction.

Someone else try this?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:49 pm

Question

Can't seem to get it to price at all on BA or AA sites....or on google flights shows 3k help?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Purchasing domestic Egyptair tickets

If you have purchased domestic Egypt airline tickets (I am thinking CAI-LXR-CAI but could be others in future), is it better to do it while still abroad, or buy them there? Is there a reliable Egyptian OTA?

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 9, 2017 at 11:40 pm
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Pbernardy
Can't seem to get it to price at all on BA or AA sites....or on google flights shows 3k help?
Use ITA Matrix, and all of the excellent advice on this thread, and you will find availability. You will likely need to book by calling BA or using a Travel Agent.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Cai-lhr-lax-hnl £1505 - £1.79/tp

3 night stopover in HNL and a long stop at LAX so not ideal but pretty good nonetheless.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Use ITA Matrix, and all of the excellent advice on this thread, and you will find availability. You will likely need to book by calling BA or using a Travel Agent.
Good advice indeed! I'll be following it from now on.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by p78

CAI-LHR march 2018

HEL-LHR-CAI sept 2018

Should be possible, really depends on availability, hardest is usually the CAI-LHR (and vv) legs. Below is an example, you'll need to experiment with your dates

If HEL-LHR legs are added both ways (rather than flying from LHR to NYC and back direct) these book into R and raise the price a little, as alluded to a couple of pages earlier. Someone who knows the fare rules better than me might be able to explain why

*Also - as mentioned a Sep 18 return, at time of writing don't think ITA will be able to show much this far in advance bar the first few days of that month
Attached Images   

Last edited by nh1980; Oct 10, 2017 at 6:30 am Reason: Comment on Sep 18 fares display in ITA
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for all your help guys and gals. I finally managed to pull the trigger on this.
CAI-LHR-DFW-OGG / HNL-LAX-LHR-CAI for £1360 per person. Not quite the $1500 mark some people were getting but satisfied with the flights for the dates I wanted.
Could not get to work a stopover for the dates I wanted without prices going up, so just overnighting in CAI twice!!!
Apart from the HNL-LAX, all on lie-flat seats. Could have added JFK with the transcon for a bit more, but the better half put her foot down based on the number of flights - she is no fun
840 TP means I will retain BA Gold. Positioning flights from MAN-CAI all sorted with Avios and upgrade voucher. Could not have done it without all the help in this forum. Thanks once again.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: M&M Senator, BAEC GGL, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by nh1980
Should be possible, really depends on availability, hardest is usually the CAI-LHR (and vv) legs. Below is an example, you'll need to experiment with your dates

If HEL-LHR legs are added both ways (rather than flying from LHR to NYC and back direct) these book into R and raise the price a little, as alluded to a couple of pages earlier. Someone who knows the fare rules better than me might be able to explain why

*Also - as mentioned a Sep 18 return, at time of writing don't think ITA will be able to show much this far in advance bar the first few days of that month

There is the connection between LHR and HEL missing? Nested tickets?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by chrini1
There is the connection between LHR and HEL missing? Nested tickets?
Yes, another ticket will be required for positioning, but the benefit is that you can avoid UK APD for your longhauls.
Jase76 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
I'm planning to use the fare as a combined TP run and holdiay in Egypt (Cairo, Luxor and Aswan) with a night in NYC and a weekend in Hawaii. Also found an exEU from MAD - LHR - CAI positioning flights in Club for about £1,000. So I'll make BA gold plus have a holiday / travel.

Only catch is I want the time in Egypt to be October 2018, so need to hope this fare is around until the end of this year to book. EF states that IRCME was created 20 July 2016, so hopefully it isn't going to be pulled any time soon.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by Jase76
...Only catch is I want the time in Egypt to be October 2018, so need to hope this fare is around until the end of this year to book. EF states that IRCME was created 20 July 2016, so hopefully it isn't going to be pulled any time soon.
I am in a similar situation of wanting one flight in Oct 2018. No guarantees, obviously, and public threads like this don't help, but we can be modestly optimistic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.