Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:59 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by henkybaby
The J lounge is OK. Phenomenal is reserved for the CX lounges in HKG and the QF lounges in SYD and MEL for instance and maybe the F lounge at DOH but unless you travel in F....

Not in a million years do I want to spend another night in that soulless place. Do yourself a HUGE favour and take a hotel. The airport hotel is great and you can walk to the lounge for food. Well worth the money.
There has to be some confusion here. The Al Mourjan lounge (the business class lounge for people flying QR business class) is phenomenal. I spent about 5 hours there each way last week and certainly beat my time (~ 6 hours) at the F lounges that CX offers in Hong Kong.

The OneWorld business class lounge in Doha that is available for Sapphire and Emerald members not flying QR premium cabins is supposedly quite poor but luckily I have never had to try it in my multiple trips through Doha.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by dogloverjb
Out of JFK there are outbounds in April and returns in May (April 19 to May 8, e.g.). I did not look to complete an itinerary and I only looked at those months to see if availability was gone. The layovers are long on some days but if you look at the QR calendar you can probably find something. ITA does not show these prices.
I snapped up May 7th through 22nd. Can not wait! Will be hitting SIN, KL and a beach resort or two in Thailand! Sooooo pumped!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by noneemac
Amen to that!! Both the A359 and the Dreamliner feature 1-2-1 J cabins.
The 777s are better for a couple though!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Sadly the days of Krug and a la carte dining in Al Mourjan are gone .
A la carte dining is alive, well and excellent. The buffet is great too. No one should go hungry there!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
A note on mechanics: I first held the LAX and PHL trips (vis-a-vis the 24-hour hold rule for itineraries that touch the U.S), *then* booked the KUL-CAI trip, which had no 24-hour hold option.
I did the same thing with two itins (CMB-LAX-CMB for positioning with LAX-SIN-LAX nested inside on a separate PNR) but got 49 hour holds for both. Possibly due to QRPC PLT status?

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
There has to be some confusion here. The Al Mourjan lounge (the business class lounge for people flying QR business class) is phenomenal. I spent about 5 hours there each way last week and certainly beat my time (~ 6 hours) at the F lounges that CX offers in Hong Kong.

The OneWorld business class lounge in Doha that is available for Sapphire and Emerald members not flying QR premium cabins is supposedly quite poor but luckily I have never had to try it in my multiple trips through Doha.
Agree on both counts. I've been to the OW lounges at DOH. Al Mourjan puts them to shame.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jan 13, 2017 at 8:34 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
A la carte dining is alive, well and excellent. The buffet is great too. No one should go hungry there!

No a la carte dining in the upstairs restaurant even though I believe it's still available in the sandwich place downstairs.

The bar makes a fantastic mojito!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:40 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I couldn't get the Amex travel portal to price a stopover correctly and eventually gave up. so LAX-DOH-SIN-DOH-JFK is going to be a *very* long journey. Nice fare though. Especially on the enhanced AX Biz plat points redemption.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:41 pm

Damn that is solid.. Have you by any chance seen anything in the reverse?! Would looove this..
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:02 am

Tell me about it. Here's my win >>>

May 15-25 -- LAX-DOH-SIN, $1721 (QR J)
May 18-24 -- KUL-DOH-CAI, $1076 (QR J)
May 19-23 -- CAI-DOH-PHL, $1101 (QR J)
May 18-24 -- SIN-KUL-SIN, $34 (AirAsia Y)

The CAI-DOH segments all book into A, for an extra RDM and EQD bump.

EQM: 75,579
RDM: 113,399
EQD: $10,587
Outlay: $3,932
I can replicate this trip, except starting from JFK and with an 8 day duration rather than 10 days. Just curious what would happen if a flight got deleted and it caused me to miss my next roundtrip booking? Would I be out of luck on my own to try to get back somehow? Some of these legs only have a 2 hour or so layover so really no room for error...
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:26 am

I need basically anywhere in Asia to anywhere in Europe for 2 weeks in June (over midsummer, 23-24th June).. Open Jaw is fine. 2 persons.

Can't find anything that beats CRK - MAD rt $2850 total (2 persons). Preferable dept CRK/MNL/CEB as we're in the Philippines and would otherwise need to reposition, but that's fine.

Would be super awesome if any of you experts got any tricks up your sleeves :-).
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb

No confusion there i would think. The Al Mourjan lounge is indeed quite nice but nothing that special. Haven't been to CX F lounges at HKG but i would rate the CX J lounges there similar to the Al Mourjan lounge and had i to choose one i would probably go for the CX one.

Now the QR business lounge is poor indeed. Except that there is (some) food/drinks there, it's possibly even worse than the gate area and seems crowded all the time.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by gnomeza
Good deal. Booked this for May on the first day of the sale, 787s all the way and short layovers in DOH.
Booked for summer but not sure if the BRU-DOHA segments are on A350, however, traveling with Mrs m4l I would have preferred 777 or 330, providing the seats were fully flat
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by a9504477
No confusion there i would think. The Al Mourjan lounge is indeed quite nice but nothing that special. Haven't been to CX F lounges at HKG but i would rate the CX J lounges there similar to the Al Mourjan lounge and had i to choose one i would probably go for the CX one.
Seconded.

No a la carte options anymore in the restaurant, except in the sandwich place but the menu is limited. I also don't particularly care for the seating. To each their own of course, but there are MUCH nicer lounges available across the OneWorld network. Many of them.

Not many that are bigger though... Which I think makes it soulless.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:36 am

No a la carte options anymore in the restaurant, except in the sandwich place but the menu is limited. I also don't particularly care for the seating. To each their own of course, but there are MUCH nicer lounges available across the OneWorld network. Many of them.

Not many that are bigger though... Which I think makes it soulless.
I paid 1400 for two people and a baby to tokyo in Biz. I love qatar
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by mikk13
I paid 1400 for two people and a baby to tokyo in Biz. I love qatar
No wonder!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.