Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
And oddly, if you use the VISA code the price goes up!!
Thank you for saying this! I saw the same thing. $1725 LAX-SIN RT, but with the VISA code, the lowest price was $1789!!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
Originally Posted by nov11
It is for jkenn case. There's always a 2-3 hour connection between SIN and LAX. The only exception would be if QR 942/945 doesn't operate. SPTC isn't applicable for LAX-KUL/BKK/SIN vv because all of those cities have 2-3 hour connections available, sometimes at a higher price.
It is al not just pivoted off your actual departure. In addition, Qatar say that there should not have been any earlier departure flight that same day which could have itself had a shorter lay-over. We got caught out by this on a HKT-DOH-CPH leg where our evening departure didn't qualify as there was also a 0835 one that day, despite our lay over being over 9 hours. It was only because my daughter and another child o board got food poisoning on the HKT-DOH flight that they relented (after a visit and drip at the Doha airport medical centre!).
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by 1KHI
LAX-DOH-SIN seems to accrue 24300 base miles r/t, 24300x1.5=36450 EQM, 24300x.2=4860 EQD, and 24300x2.2=53460 RDM (as executive platinum). Can anyone confirm?
24,325 base, 36,488 EQM, 4865 EQD, 53,515 RDM (EXP).
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Don't forget the first 76 hour holds will start to fall off tonight, should be good to check in the morning I think, if the availability you want isn't there today.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by shimura
looks like they fixed the glitch on MY page, tried dummy booking for MUC and BOS and now they go through with the advertised fares.
Do you think 2k p.P. is a good price for KUL - BOS ? Or did I made something wrong?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hi - Planning Nested MR RT using this fare to start with any US city and return in 3 -5 days and head back in 3 -4 weeks and complete the MR.

Tried multiple combinations (using QR and other MR) but unable to get them correctly routed.

this what i am trying to do

outbound - xxx-DOH-SIN || yyy-DOH-xxx
inbound - xxx-DOH-yyy || SIN-DOH-xxx

xxx can be same city or open jaw
yyy can be same sity or open jaw.

Cannot pull this fare on ITA too.

Any pointers ??
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by fnuhenry
Hi - Planning Nested MR RT using this fare to start with any US city and return in 3 -5 days and head back in 3 -4 weeks and complete the MR.

Tried multiple combinations (using QR and other MR) but unable to get them correctly routed.

Any pointers ??
Yeah - give it up! I don't think a nested MR will work with this particular fare sale. SIN appears to be the only destination that works ex-US, and the only two departure/return airports where it appears to work are IAH and LAX.

That said, you can fly cheaply via either SIN or KUL to basically anywhere in SE or South Asia -- plus Singapore and KL are close enough that you can travel between the two on an inexpensive bus trip, IIRC -- so you could just book two trips to/from SIN and then separate tickets for your final destinations.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:20 am
Used to be highman123

Kuala Lumpur to Munich $1,345 RT

https://www.kayak.com/flights/KUL-MU...04-13/business
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by fnuhenry

Any pointers ??
The LAX-SIN is a good place to start, for the return look at CMB as a starting point (easy to get from SIN to CMB), or if you have time to make a longer positioning connection- CAI (good J deals CMB-CAI available too). ATL, IAH, LAX, ORD all possible US cities.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by bison1847
Don't forget the first 76 hour holds will start to fall off tonight, should be good to check in the morning I think, if the availability you want isn't there today.
The only holds offers to me were 25 hour holds. Is this an ex-USA limitation? I know in the past i had 76 hour holds from non-USA origins.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:17 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
" SIN appears to be the only destination that works ex-US, and the only two departure/return airports where it appears to work are IAH and LAX".

No. JFK is fine. If you spend some time there is a lot there. For instance, JFK-DOH-AKL-DOH-JFK (the long, scenic route ) can be had for 2783 RT all as part of the "Business Promo". There appears to be good availability and each way earns ~20,000 QMiles.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Which dates work for JFK-AKL? Haven't been able to find any which work yet.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Booked BKK-DOH-ATL-vv for 95,000 THB = $2700. Very happy with this fare, since I'm ATL based and can take advantage without a positioning flight. Considerably more attractive than the BKK-PVG-JFK tix on MU that I bought for a few thousand baht less.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Can any let me know how to get the multi city function to work on QR website ?

I was trying to do a open jaw but the website always shows no results ...
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However you can pay $150 USD and they'll book you into the same hotel, plus give you J class transfers (meaning car, no waiting for a shuttle), entry visa and give you 175 Qatari meal allowance. IMO the hotel alone would cost more then that, add in the car transfers each way (on return point out you're in J otherwise they'll try and make you wait for the shuttle), plus meal allowance, plus Qatar visa. Just did this last week. I was quite shocked at the value.
Does the connection have to be under 24hr to be qualified for paid STPC? If there are 2 people traveling on the same itinerary does each person have to pay $150? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.