Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I changed flights on line and moved from new to old seating. No biggie except I want the F seats

Have people called before to select seats? Or just let it go and not draw attention to the fare?
Can I ask what the fee was to change flight to another day?

I booked mine through a physical TA. It was the only way i could get a stopover in MCT to work, but I'm thinking about changing that and read the T&C's, sounds like 100USD p.p to change
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Mine is on the new config A330. So same cabin as the 787. I believe the only way to do seat assignments is to call them up. No other way.
hey again - how do you check what configuration your flight has? and how would i know if it's the new or old config?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by ttep
Can I ask what the fee was to change flight to another day?

I booked mine through a physical TA. It was the only way i could get a stopover in MCT to work, but I'm thinking about changing that and read the T&C's, sounds like 100USD p.p to change
Booking direct with Oman the change fee is USD75, as per the fare rules. (usd200 cancellation). When I checked in exp.sg they had the same $75 change fee I think.

hey again - how do you check what configuration your flight has? and how would i know if it's the new or old config?
As I made the change on line it took me to seat selection where I worked out the configurations were different... went from 2-2-2 (new) to 1-2-1 (old). Oman air gives you a link to tripcase to view your itineraries, which shows the F cabin as available for selection (although the WY site didn't, so it may be an error by tripcase).

seatguru's seat map function (by flight and date) might give you an idea.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 2:47 am

Booking direct with Oman the change fee is USD75, as per the fare rules. (usd200 cancellation). When I checked in exp.sg they had the same $75 change fee I think.

As I made the change on line it took me to seat selection where I worked out the configurations were different... went from 2-2-2 (new) to 1-2-1 (old). Oman air gives you a link to tripcase to view your itineraries, which shows the F cabin as available for selection (although the WY site didn't, so it may be an error by tripcase).

seatguru's seat map function (by flight and date) might give you an idea.
Great info mate appreciate the response.

ill check mine tonight! Hopefully I already have the new config.

EDIT: Called and found out it's the 2-2-2 configuration, is the better configuration less preferable? I don't quite understand how F cabin is available for selection on yours?

Last edited by ttep; Mar 27, 2017 at 3:14 am Reason: a
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
EDIT: Called and found out it's the 2-2-2 configuration
LHR/MEL/Europe FF and there you are being cautious about calling up to do seat assignments.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great info mate appreciate the response.

ill check mine tonight! Hopefully I already have the new config.

EDIT: Called and found out it's the 2-2-2 configuration, is the better configuration less preferable? I don't quite understand how F cabin is available for selection on yours?
Oman has two versions of the A333 - old and new. The new 'suites' version does away with F class. The old still has F. MNL doesn't offer F fares, so it looks like they might open the F cabin for J ticket holders. I also suspect they might use part of the J cabin for lucky Y class ticket holders (sounds like the flights are often full in Y but fairly light in premium ex some Asian ports).

Looking at seat guru it correctly shows my flight (a Tuesday) with the 'old' configuration. The monday I was originally booked on returns a 'not available' for the seat map. So that might be the distinguishing factor.

Originally Posted by onlysuites
LHR/MEL/Europe FF and there you are being cautious about calling up to do seat assignments.
yes well.. I might just call!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:21 am

Apparently the new configuration (2-2-2) isn't bad either. The window seats provide more privacy and feel spacious compared to the aisle seats, as per Lucky.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:21 pm

I was cautious about calling but this fare has been on for some time now, and I know someone who traveled it without getting pulled up on the incorrect cabin. Hope my call doesnt turn out to be the straw that broke the camels back..

Thanks for the info LHR/MEL/Europe FF - that makes perfect sense and now i'll know what to look for.

Now to search for a June/July return trip from Europe at an equally impressive rate!
Old May 17, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
I believe this fare is good?

Can't pull it out on Dec which previously was available.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao

the fare has been dead for a while now
Old May 17, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao

Some guy called it in...
Old May 18, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erik123
Some guy called it in...
Most likely answer yes I know. But do you know someone who did it?
Old May 18, 2017, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Croupier
the fare has been dead for a while now
Hmmm. The one way fare (USD500) was there until a week or so ago. I checked my booking tonight and the fare is gone from the booking page but my booking still shows 'confirmed'. I can't however make any changes to the booking now... everything (including 'add seats', 'change flights') all bring up a message that changes can't be made on line and to 'check with the airline'.

I'm hoping WY will honour this? There doesn't seem to be any reported history of cancellations.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:01 am

Hmmm. The one way fare (USD500) was there until a week or so ago. I checked my booking tonight and the fare is gone from the booking page but my booking still shows 'confirmed'. I can't however make any changes to the booking now... everything (including 'add seats', 'change flights') all bring up a message that changes can't be made on line and to 'check with the airline'.

I'm hoping WY will honour this? There doesn't seem to be any reported history of cancellations.
I have contacted their CS weeks ago to assign seats for me cuz I bought this thru Expedia. There were totally no problem as they just helped me fast. I guess this is a "special price" ticket, hope they will honour it.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sure it was there last week too.

In regards to the make changes part are you sure you were able to do this earlier as I am quite sure I wasn't able to do this earlier too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.