Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Oman Air: MNL-NCL $1,141 RT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Any disadvantage to buying direct?
None. It's a fare that has been around for months, so nothing weird about it.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
MNL-NCL (ow and rtn) is available direct on the WY website. Slightly more expensive (~USD30) more than E.sg.

WY site allows seat selection. Any disadvantage to buying direct?
It wasn't available a couple of weeks ago. The website didn't recognise NCL as a airport code.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just tried and it didn't recognise NCL on their website.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I'm using this site: http://www.omanair.com/en/

NCL comes up. It offers a couple of choices including an immediate connection CDG-NCL, or you can take the flight the next day. Trying to add a stopover in MCT pushes the fare sky high.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I'm using this site: http://www.omanair.com/en/

NCL comes up. It offers a couple of choices including an immediate connection CDG-NCL, or you can take the flight the next day. Trying to add a stopover in MCT pushes the fare sky high.
The issue is adding a stopover in CDG, it works in expedia.com but not on omanair.com, overnight stop in CDG (within 24 hours) will still tag your bag to NCL.

The airlines' website works if you simply enter 1 way or rt NCL-MNL, not multi-city.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by vincewy
The issue is adding a stopover in CDG, it works in expedia.com but not on omanair.com, overnight stop in CDG (within 24 hours) will still tag your bag to NCL.
I have booked this trip and have a overnight stop in CDG , I am taking the flight to NCL the next afternoon.

I would have thought It would be quite reasonable to ask to collect may bags in CDG and re check them the next day for a overnight stop , as I will need to leave the airport and stay in a hotel.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ianp
I would have thought It would be quite reasonable to ask to collect may bags in CDG and re check them the next day for a overnight stop , as I will need to leave the airport and stay in a hotel.
Yeah I have done that before. Was with BA though but they are harder to please.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy

The airlines' website works if you simply enter 1 way or rt NCL-MNL, not multi-city.
Can't even get the stopover in CDG to work on Expedia.. Super annoying. I'm trying next year as far into february as possible, any help please? :-)
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RoastedDuck190
Can't even get the stopover in CDG to work on Expedia.. Super annoying. I'm trying next year as far into february as possible, any help please? :-)
Don't think the fare works past 31st Dec
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Don't think the fare works past 31st Dec
Ah I see. I'm able to price one-way/return but without adding the stopover though (on Expedia). Just can't get the stopover to work..
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So... on my exMNL is being operated by a three class A330... F cabin is showing available for business class seating, but there's no way to change my current seat on line. Any way to do this other than wait for OLCI? (I'm reluctant to call the airline and draw any attention to this fare).
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So... on my exMNL is being operated by a three class A330... F cabin is showing available for business class seating, but there's no way to change my current seat on line. Any way to do this other than wait for OLCI? (I'm reluctant to call the airline and draw any attention to this fare).
Mine is on the new config A330. So same cabin as the 787. I believe the only way to do seat assignments is to call them up. No other way.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Mine is on the new config A330. So same cabin as the 787. I believe the only way to do seat assignments is to call them up. No other way.
I changed flights on line and moved from new to old seating. No biggie except I want the F seats

Have people called before to select seats? Or just let it go and not draw attention to the fare?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:50 pm

I changed flights on line and moved from new to old seating. No biggie except I want the F seats

Have people called before to select seats? Or just let it go and not draw attention to the fare?
I don't see any problem calling in. WY publish these fares frequently, often rotates between city pairs in Europe and SE Asia. Or you can also try checking in early and see if they can seat you in the F cabin.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its been around for a while now I am sure others have called it in. You should try and get the seat sooner rather then later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.