Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I know we have confirmed reports here of people flying on this deal successfully. Have we had any confirmed denied boarding or cancellations?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
I assume you have clicked save/finish button. Return to the operating carrier's website and check your reservation again. In my case EY's reservation shows seats selected.
Yeah I did click save

Still nothing...might call EY in a few weeks if it's going through
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Shl
Agreed! FLR-BKK-DUS "could" actually be a valid detour routing, seeing the connection options some airlines are offering ... Also EY routing through AUH is nothing unusual, even for short distance "direct" connections.
I guess you could maybe just about play dumb on FLR-AUH-DUS but let's be realistic, it is the same as flying from LA to SFO via NYC. It turns a 1 hour flight into a 12 hour+ journey across several time zones. Very rarely would any airline intentionally sell such a connection nor would anyone see such a connection and not think it was a mistake.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I know we have confirmed reports here of people flying on this deal successfully. Have we had any confirmed denied boarding or cancellations?
Not that I have seen - most 'cancellations' appear to have been bookings that weren't ticketed properly in the first place (e.g. legs missing, no confirmation received etc.)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:43 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
I guess you could maybe just about play dumb on FLR-AUH-DUS but let's be realistic, it is the same as flying from LA to SFO via NYC. It turns a 1 hour flight into a 12 hour+ journey across several time zones. Very rarely would any airline intentionally sell such a connection nor would anyone see such a connection and not think it was a mistake.
Fully agree! What i meant is, that AZ could have called exactly for this reason.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by goliath
Yes, through the AF website.
Of course you can check your reservation on AF because you have a AF PNR, isn't it?

Tried with my AZ PNR w/o success

By reading all the posts I'm a little bit scared about the comments on BA Biz....is really so bad?

My reservation is FLR-FCO-AUH-LAX-SFO-LHR-DUS and I took SFO-LHR on BA A380 on purpose.......Did I make a big mistake?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by KiteM
Of course you can check your reservation on AF because you have a AF PNR, isn't it?

By reading all the posts I'm a little bit scared about the comments on BA Biz....is really so bad?

My reservation is FLR-FCO-AUH-LAX-SFO-LHR-DUS and I took SFO-LHR on BA A380 on purpose.......Did I make a big mistake?
It's perfectly okay.

BTT: AF page does not work for my AZ/EY-only itinerary either.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
As far as I can remember, only cancellations of bookings that never were ticketed in the first place.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
No, my bookings only contain AZ and EY. I can acess them on the AF website using the Expedia (=Amadeus) codes or ticket numbers.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Sebz4n
Then there is of course the guy whose work pay for the soda, and the guy that has enough money to spend on just whatever. But 9 out of 10 will probably never go out of their way to chose Alitalia again.
But it is precisely this "1 passenger in 10" that airlines want to see repeat business from.

And don't get us wrong - no-one is saying that AZ pulled this stunt to offer a "sample" in the hopes of winning new business. (If so, they would not have showcased so many other top-notch carriers. Previous promos like the blanket status match of last year were, though). But there will be people flying this who may never have thought of flying AZ before, or who have an old impression of Alitalia, but having been impressed by the product might consider them again.

And the "price sensitive behaviour" you discuss here happens all the time, in all cabins - but most frequently in Y - and such pax are always going to place price above all other considerations. These are not "loyal" customers and no airline goes out of their way to court low-revenue customers.

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I second that - since flying DL on award ticket, I have booked 5 paid C tickets with them, avoiding most other ST TATL carriers. Same after flying last year on BA *special* C fare, I would never pay full price for that product. I think this is good way to test the product for reasonable price.
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I have more-or-less the same experience with DL, which now gets most of my UK-US-UK business travel: it all started with an IRROP in SEA, flew on Delta One to AMS and, since then, I've never looked back.

G
Originally Posted by Lack
DL made a positive impression on me to handling the other promotional fares (their products is very good too). I wouldn't hesitate to book them over the competition if I had the money to do so and if they decided to serve my city :-).

Just bought a new iPad for 40% off msrp...
DL has been on my no-fly list for some time [I got an op-up on a LHR-DTW flight a few years ago and was not impressed. I got an op-up on the ORD-CDG flight on the way home, so the op-up gods were really smiling on me that trip Then the baggage loss demon dis his usual work at CDG. I have not flown either carrier on longhaul since). Now it sounds like I need to revisit that choice....even without the benefit of a "sampler sale" to illustrate that my prejudice is no longer warranted....

Conversely, after sampling TAP's old biz class on a recent "sampler sale" they ran, I would not fly their old planes again...

Last edited by irishguy28; Dec 13, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK

It's awful, and quite awkward since you share eye contact with your seatmate until take off cause the partition cannot be rised.
But it's lie flat and for once it's ok to do it. I don't see paying full price for this product, also considered the mediocre service and meals.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:56 am

My are on AZ and AF. I also have 3 booking references: AZ/AF and one for both, via eBookers. Ebookers also sent me all eTickets right away. AZ works on AZ. AF on AF and the 3rd shows me all bookings on TravelPort. All flights are marked as 'confirmed'. Flights are in October / November 2017 tho.

Dusseldorf -> Rome -> LAX on AZ
FCO -> CDG -> FLR on AF
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
A few years ago, AA had a somewhat similar NYC-YYZ mistake fare at $79 or so. They forgot to limit connections. So you'd wind up with crazy MR routings like JFK-SEA-MIA-YYZ for $79. Turned a mundane 300 mile trip into nearly 5,500 EQMs and 11,000 RDMs for EXPs. What made it even worse for AA is that most of us EXPs got free upgrades to First on each flight.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: OZ *G, AB Sapphire
Originally Posted by criced
Guys, try out Tripcase to find different booking codes etc etc. Its Sabre's own system like Amadeus has "Check my trip"

www.tripcase.com

(look under "Documents")
Thanks, that does the trick for the Sabre part (the AZ/VN flights in my case).
Website is still a bit buggy and booking overview looks messy, but it has the basic info.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
quite awkward since you share eye contact with your seatmate until take off cause the partition cannot be rised.
No, that isn't how it works. The partition only needs to be down for the safety briefing. You can have it raised both before and after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.