Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: melrowgo
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Avis President's Club
I am 12,200 miles short of EP. I have DFW-LGA RT on an I fare and DFW-LAX-MIA-BOG-MIA-ORD-DFW on M fare. DFW-LAX leg is V fare. Will this get me to 100k EQMs? If not I hopefully will just need a quick same day domestic run. Thanks for the help

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs Needed: 12200
EQDs Needed: 0
Max Budget: Open
Available Travel Dates: Dec 10 - Dec 13 and Dec 23 - 24
Max # Travel Nights: Same day return if possible
AA only, or Partners Okay: open as long as EQMs are there
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:22 pm

need AA mileage run from NYC

I am 11, 015 miles short of renewing platinum on AA. there are lots of deals from other areas, but i need something from New York area, will do it next week or weekend, would like to do in two days max, please recommend many thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:53 pm

Departure Airport(s): Anything from the Washington DC and surrounding airports to the NY airports and anything in between.
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 8,000 EQMs
EQDs Needed: $300
Max Budget: $600 or less, preferably
Available Travel Dates: Anytime before end of year
Max # Travel Nights: Would like to do this in the same day or with 1-2 days max in between
AA only, or Partners Okay: Preferably AA only but would be open to partner airlines
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No

Not finding anything good, the runs from the east coast to the west and back aren't enough miles, any suggestions?

Last edited by viperboy; Dec 6, 2018 at 10:12 pm
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:54 pm

Hi all - first time poster but long time flyer . This is the first time in a decade that I've been within sniffing distance of ExecPlat, so thinking of going for it. Really appreciate any help. I've found it particularly difficult to actually search for flights, esp the complicated routes. I just poke around on aa.com, and I feel like that's inefficient. If anyone could give me some tips (so I could self-serve), I'm all ears.

Departure Airport(s): AUS, DFW, SAT (also happy to buy a connector to MIA, CLT, LAX, SFO if it helps, but that does change the calculus)
EQMs Needed: 15,980
Max Budget: $2k is ideal, I could stretch to $2500
Available Travel Dates: Dec 17 - Dec 24, Dec 27 - Dec 31
Max # Travel Nights: Flexible. Ideally I could do an immediate turn and minimize my time away, but I know sometimes layovers help
AA only, or Partners Okay: Anyone that will get me my EQM's
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by viperboy
Departure Airport(s): Anything from the Washington DC and surrounding airports to the NY airports and anything in between.
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 8,000 EQMs
EQDs Needed: $300
Max Budget: $600 or less, preferably
Available Travel Dates: Anytime before end of year
Max # Travel Nights: Would like to do this in the same day or with 1-2 days max in between
AA only, or Partners Okay: Preferably AA only but would be open to partner airlines

Not finding anything good, the runs from the east coast to the west and back aren't enough miles, any suggestions?

I am pretty flexible on travel plans, would prefer domestic flights that are a few hours each instead of a 18hr flight overseas. However, with the current Asia/Australia 20k mile bonus right now, I might think about that. Also wouldn't mind spending a little bit more for business/first fares. Thanks all!
DCA-BOS-LAX-PHX-DCA on 12/17 for $308 gets you 5,570. You then need about 2400 miles.

Then on 12/11 you can do DCA-LGA-MIA-DCA for $218. That gets you 2,521 miles which gets you there.

Total is $526.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by candiastyle
I am 11, 015 miles short of renewing platinum on AA. there are lots of deals from other areas, but i need something from New York area, will do it next week or weekend, would like to do in two days max, please recommend many thanks.
What’s your budget?

See the sticky at the top of the thread.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by jdonelson
Hi all - first time poster but long time flyer . This is the first time in a decade that I've been within sniffing distance of ExecPlat, so thinking of going for it. Really appreciate any help. I've found it particularly difficult to actually search for flights, esp the complicated routes. I just poke around on aa.com, and I feel like that's inefficient. If anyone could give me some tips (so I could self-serve), I'm all ears.

Departure Airport(s): AUS, DFW, SAT (also happy to buy a connector to MIA, CLT, LAX, SFO if it helps, but that does change the calculus)
EQMs Needed: 15,980
Max Budget: $2k is ideal, I could stretch to $2500
Available Travel Dates: Dec 17 - Dec 24, Dec 27 - Dec 31
Max # Travel Nights: Flexible. Ideally I could do an immediate turn and minimize my time away, but I know sometimes layovers help
AA only, or Partners Okay: Anyone that will get me my EQM's
Welcome to FT!

Play around on google flights. Here's an easy one at ~$2200: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...19*.USD.220819

If you can find SAT-DFW-HNL roundtrip at a reasonable price, that will have nice planes and be enough EQMs. Unfortunately connecting through LAX or PHX only, without more, gets you just short.

Try HNL, OGG, KOA, LIH. 2x EQMs upfront means you just need ~8000 butt-in-seat miles. Use great circle mapper to ballpark, but verify on aa.com before you buy the ticket how many EQMs you'll actually get. Great Circle Mapper
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP 2.1MM; Bonvoy LT-Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Miles Run from SFO

Departure Airport(s): SFO or LAX
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 5,170 EQMs (I'm EXP)
EQDs Needed: Already crossed, trying to hit 150K EQM
Max Budget: < $500
Available Travel Dates: Anytime through EOY
Max # Travel Nights: Any
AA only, or Partners Okay: AA only
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bl393
BDL is ~$400 for a same-day turn. Routing through DFW should get you well over what you need.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...99*2.USD.32799
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:09 am

@platbrownguy, thanks for the suggestions. Found AUS-LAX-LIH-HNL-DFW-AUS in First (combo of I and D fares). Gets ~4100 BIS miles, so well over the 8000 I need after the multiplier. I confirmed the fare codes on AA before I bought - anything else I should do to confirm? Would AA verify the mileages for me if I called them?

Bottom line is that even if I miss something by a few hundred miles, I can day-trip it to dallas and get another 500/1000 as an emergency operation, so I think I'm good.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:46 am

Can’t Miss EP for first time in 3 years

Departure Airport(s): DFW
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 9,500
EQDs Needed: none
Max Budget: $1,500 or so
Available Travel Dates: 12-10 ~ 12-15, 12-17 ~ 12-21
Max # Travel Nights: open
AA only, or Partners Okay: open
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): No, but do have India visa

First time in awhile I haven’t had EP locked up by December and nervous I’m not going to hit it. Likely have to be in BOS the week of 12/17, so could route through there. Looked at a DFW-LAX-BOS and back route, but it doesn’t seem very economical and without an upgraded purchase, I don’t believe it will get me there.

Any thoughts? Advice?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
1100 miles needed out of DFW

Departure Airport: DFW
Miles Needed: 1100 EQM
Required Spend or Budget: $170EQD
Available Travel Dates: December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: any that satisfies AA EQM

Looking to grab one last bit of miles for the end of year. Working through skyscanner but also happy for any help that can be found.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:02 pm

Trying to get to platinum

Departure Airport: ORD or MDW
EQMs Needed: 5,999
Max Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: Rest of December
Max # Travel Nights: Shortest duration possible
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by jdonelson
Gets ~4100 BIS miles, so well over the 8000 I need after the multiplier. I confirmed the fare codes on AA before I bought - anything else I should do to confirm? Would AA verify the mileages for me if I called them?
The EQM and EQD should display at the end of the booking process after seat selection and prior to payment if all flights are on AA metal and AA flight#s .
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by bl393
12/17: LAX-PHX-DCA-PHL same day for $388.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.