FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1716862-prem-fare-gone-ba-oneworld-us-europe-1-4k-biz.html)

nonesuch flyer Oct 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Business return to LHR just jumped up $400 from $1600 to $2,000 during my search. Dates available shrinking on AA and BA...

omegadeal Oct 15, 2015 3:11 pm

For those who have gotten past the "Verify Membership" button, what I am I looking for if it is successful?

For example, I click "Verify Membership" and it opens a new window that says "Please Wait", which closes a few seconds later. The original screen still says "Verify Membership" and then I click on "Back to the offer" and it says I still need to verify.

Will the "Verify Membership" button change if successful?

kay_jay Oct 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by omegadeal (Post 25570552)
For those who have gotten past the "Verify Membership" button, what I am I looking for if it is successful?

For example, I click "Verify Membership" and it opens a new window that says "Please Wait", which closes a few seconds later. The original screen still says "Verify Membership" and then I click on "Back to the offer" and it says I still need to verify.

same issue facing for the last 2 hours. Aarp doesn't verify at all.

heatheresq Oct 15, 2015 3:17 pm

I should never have clicked out of the AARP system. Now it is completely shut down for me. Anyone found a workaround?

nonesuch flyer Oct 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by omegadeal (Post 25570552)

Have you logged into the AARP site before you attempt this? I haven't had a problem.

omegadeal Oct 15, 2015 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer (Post 25570588)
Have you logged into the AARP site before you attempt this? I haven't had a problem.

Yes, I can log in / out to the AARP site no problem. I just signed up for an account / paid the membership about an hour ago though. I wonder if it takes time to sync? I hope not because I think this deal will be dead soon.

tlott Oct 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by ChicagoDave (Post 25570471)
What are the best plane options? I know the 77W on AA, & I've read the BA A380 is similar. Any other good seat options?

Iberia's new A330 seat isn't bad.

Certainly better than AA angle flat, and I'd consider it better than BA. All aisle access.

LRD Oct 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Grrrr Larnaca. . .

Just amazing: DFW-LCA, $352 in August!

tlott Oct 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by omegadeal (Post 25570611)
Yes, I can log in / out to the AARP site no problem. I just signed up for an account / paid the membership about an hour ago though. I wonder if it takes time to sync? I hope not because I think this deal will be dead soon.

I registered w/ AARP for this deal and it worked immediately for me.

Josiepagne Oct 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by omegadeal (Post 25570611)

Exact same thing is happening to me. So frustrating. Trying on three browsers for almost two hours now. Nada.

nonesuch flyer Oct 15, 2015 3:29 pm

Both BA and AA and increasing prices to LHR. The Business Class LHR flight I booked at noon is up $400 on AA and $800 on BA (identical flights).

Deals still available to other European cities such as MAD still available in Business at $1,400 on AA through at least April. Not available all days of the week. I used Google Flights to identify days with cheaper flights.

B6JFK Oct 15, 2015 3:30 pm

I'd like to know if its possible to sign up for BA avios quickly, credit the account with Chase UR points, and use those avios to reduce the cost. If I do that, then is it also possible to credit the flight miles to my AA account instead of BA??

waqarsarwar Oct 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by B6JFK (Post 25570650)
I'd like to know if its possible to sign up for BA avios quickly, credit the account with Chase UR points, and use those avios to reduce the cost. If I do that, then is it also possible to credit the flight miles to my AA account instead of BA??

avios transfer instantly from chase

TheBOSman Oct 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7 (Post 25570368)
UA matching ex-NYC too. My poor credit card. $2411 rtn in F. *whispers* If LH matches, we have a deal...

No LH/LX match yet, although $4200 for LH/LX F NYC-LHR is lower than I've seen in a little while. Not awful, although not a no brainer to book either since biz remains much cheaper.

UCSBCHRIS2002 Oct 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Thanks OP. Great Deals going on.