FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1716862-prem-fare-gone-ba-oneworld-us-europe-1-4k-biz.html)

uncommonsensical Oct 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Sorry for such a newb question, but I imagine I'm not the only one wanting to verify this:

I'm booked flying IAH-BCN on BA and returning on AA metal. During booking I added my AA FF#. I assume there is nothing else I need to do to assure the flights get credited to AA- correct? Also, is my understanding correct:

1. I'll earn 1.5x EQP on all legs, and also earn 1.5x EQM (ie: redeemable) on AA legs, 1.25x EQM on BA legs?

2. I signed up for the AA Europe bonus, so that will be an additional 25k redeemable miles for the RT- correct?

3. I am on the ExP challenge (as I'm sure you've guessed) requiring 25k EQP. My understanding is that class of service counts for the LinkedIn challenge; so all of the 1.5x EQP's on both AA and BA will count towards to the challenge- correct?

Again, sorry for the basic questions- want to make sure I'm right and calling AA to ask is not in my plans!
Cheers.

j390792 Oct 15, 2015 3:46 pm

AARP won't even let me pay
any solutions?

Jose666 Oct 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Booked 4 biz tix LAX-LHR-LAX for next August at average of $290 + 30k avios each (we are 2 adults, 1 young adult, 1 kid; total was $1100 plus 120k avios for the four tix). Should have bought more. Now everything prices out at $850 + 30k avios each. Looks like they caught a mistake double discount or something?

jjclancy Oct 15, 2015 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by LRD (Post 25570627)
Just amazing: DFW-LCA, $352 in August!

LAS-MAD also similarly cheap.

If you search for availability before booking, these ultra cheap (AARP + 30k Avios) itineraries can be upgraded to F with Avios, at least on BA metal.

stephem Oct 15, 2015 3:51 pm

I long ago found that logging into AARP in another tab prior to clicking the validate button works best. I also have found Mozilla to be wonky, works sometimes and not others.
BTW, MAD is insane, I am finding Seattle-Madrid over the summer at $499 each way with AARP!

bork Oct 15, 2015 3:52 pm

I just booked SEA-LHR-BCN, RT on BA in Club World/Europe. Two tickets, $1100 per ticket (all taxes/fees included). Thank you OP! I used the AARP discount, following the links posted by others in this thread.

PS - This was for next summer. Weekend flights, too! Outbound Saturday June 11, return Sunday June 19.

radarskiy Oct 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Tried to change an existing ticket to take advantage of this fare drop. Unfortunately, I had booked through Orbitz to get a flight selection that wasn't working directly on aa.com, and Orbitz couldn't get the change to work.

toocool17 Oct 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Thanks OP. Just booked 2 tickets to MAD for a total of 60k avios and ~$525

emofeng Oct 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Anyone else able to get "cheaper" fare from SFO?

LRD Oct 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jose666 (Post 25570711)
Booked 4 biz tix LAX-LHR-LAX for next August at average of $290 + 30k avios each (we are 2 adults, 1 young adult, 1 kid; total was $1100 plus 120k avios for the four tix). Should have bought more. Now everything prices out at $850 + 30k avios each. Looks like they caught a mistake double discount or something?

Any interest in an o/j?

Not only do you avoid the APD, you save a few bucks as well.

Sample for late August: LAX-LHR // MAD-LAX, $414.

shustedm Oct 15, 2015 4:09 pm

I apologize if this has already been asked but if I use avios to lower the price, will I still get 1.5x eqp for the aa LinkedIn challenge?

nonesuch flyer Oct 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical (Post 25570709)
I'm booked flying IAH-BCN on BA and returning on AA metal. During booking I added my AA FF#. I assume there is nothing else I need to do to assure the flights get credited to AA- correct?

Correct

Also, is my understanding correct:

1. I'll earn 1.5x EQP on all legs, and also earn 1.5x EQM (ie: redeemable) on AA legs, 1.25x EQM on BA legs?
If you are flying on a BA ticket, then no, you will not get the extra miles because you are on AA metal I flew on AA metal on a BA ticket last month.

2. I signed up for the AA Europe bonus, so that will be an additional 25k redeemable miles for the RT- correct?
Correct

3. I am on the ExP challenge (as I'm sure you've guessed) requiring 25k EQP. My understanding is that class of service counts for the LinkedIn challenge; so all of the 1.5x EQP's on both AA and BA will count towards to the challenge- correct?
EQPs awarded by BA will count.

uncommonsensical Oct 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by shustedm (Post 25570802)
I apologize if this has already been asked but if I use avios to lower the price, will I still get 1.5x eqp for the aa LinkedIn challenge?

i asked above and am still hoping for an answer from someone with more AA experience than I. my ASSUMPTION is yes because the fare code when i check after booking is I, which is a normal paid business fare code. but, again, not 100% sure what it looks like to AA...

izzik Oct 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by B6JFK (Post 25570650)
I'd like to know if its possible to sign up for BA avios quickly, credit the account with Chase UR points, and use those avios to reduce the cost. If I do that, then is it also possible to credit the flight miles to my AA account instead of BA??

Yes, you can use Avios to reduce the cost and then input your AA number on the next page.

izzik Oct 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical (Post 25570818)
i asked above and am still hoping for an answer from someone with more AA experience than I. my ASSUMPTION is yes because the fare code when i check after booking is I, which is a normal paid business fare code. but, again, not 100% sure what it looks like to AA...

fare code and how you pay for the ticket are unrelated.