Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: YYZ-GIG $386 USD/$450 CDN RT Tax included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: YYZ-GIG $386 USD/$450 CDN RT Tax included

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
half an hour later...didnt ticket still.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Itinerary being booked with US flight numbers for the price that OP mentioned. Will not be to able upgrade with SWUs if someone wants since the ticket is not AA stock and AA flight numbers. $712 USD for AA flight numbers.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
what are everyone's thoughts on whether this is a mistake fare or not? EF is showing C inventory for an SWU on some dates, but I'm not calling AA to upgrade if it will screw it up for others.

If I bought now and then called in to upgrade after it dies, and they tell me it was a mistake, I presume they would then let me cancel with no penalty or else apply the swu?

Last edited by lovenola; Jan 8, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
don't see any US flight in that price range. booked couple flights, all on AA metal. would rather get USair since i have upgrades that expire in feb.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Snagged one in late August on all AA metal. Waiting for the e-ticket before I get too excited or start worrying about applying SWUs. Looking forward to the trip if all goes well...thanks OP ^
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Global Entry, etc...
Looks like it is not bookable on weekends.

Booked two flights YYZ-MIA-GIG-JFK-YYZ for September (1 year anniversary). One for 9/3-9-10 and the other 9/2-9/14, at for $385.03 each. Will decide which (if either) to keep within the Expedia 24 hour cancellation window. Showing up in S class, which earns 0.5 EQP, if that matters to you.

We are JFK based, so thinking we could drop that last leg. Assume we would have to go with carry on luggage only.

Off to Abu Dhabi next Friday, now this! Nice.

An hour later, still has ticketed yet.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:00 pm

Deleted
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by smikih
Looks like it is not bookable on weekends.

Booked two flights YYZ-MIA-GIG-JFK-YYZ for September (1 year anniversary). One for 9/3-9-10 and the other 9/2-9/14, at for $385.03 each. Will decide which (if either) to keep within the Expedia 24 hour cancellation window. Showing up in S class, which earns 0.5 EQP, if that matters to you.

We are JFK based, so thinking we could drop that last leg. Assume we would have to go with carry on luggage only.

Off to Abu Dhabi next Friday, now this! Nice.

An hour later, still has ticketed yet.
first point of entry into the USA so you need to collect your luggage and of course people get lost in the maze that is JFK and just walk out towards a cab versus the luggage drop-off or so I've heard hehe
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: free agent
grabbed two for myself and a mate about 20 mins ago.. like others, currently waiting for AA to ticket our trips. they have to ticket this one, since we will touch US soil, right?

9/3-9/7.. get out of america to spend weekend in one of world's beautiful city sound good .
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: none (crazy!)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jfkeze
first point of entry into the USA so you need to collect your luggage and of course people get lost in the maze that is JFK and just walk out towards a cab versus the luggage drop-off or so I've heard hehe
When I flew ICN -> DTW -> YOW (Delta) everybody needed to pick up their checked luggage and re-check it in DTW except for those transiting to Canada.
Be very careful bringing checked bags on the return if you plan on not going all the way to YYZ. I would not assume you'll get them back in JFK/MIA.

Last edited by Icalledtheairline; Jan 8, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:14 pm

Just booked for 4 months through Orbitz, June 16 - Oct 12. Departing through Miami, returning through JFK. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:15 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
AA: YYZ-GIG $386 USD/$450 CDN RT Tax included

It is dead. I was trying to buy and when I went to. Purchase it said fare no longer available and I checked few site it is gone.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum, IHG Diamond, AA Plat Pro
I think I'm going to go broke and/or out of a job with all these deals! Already have 4 vacations lined up this year, and I'm seriously considering this one as well.

Is it recommended to book through an OTA or directly with AA/US? I like the option to place a few on hold, except it's pricing out in CAD.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Global Entry, etc...
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Originally Posted by Icalledtheairline
When I flew ICN -> DTW -> YOW (Delta)everybody need to pick up their checked luggage and re-check it in DTW except for those transiting to Canada.
Be very careful bringing checked bags I would not assume you'll get them back in JFK.
Icalledtheairline, that is what I thought. Since connection would not have us staying in the US, figured "first point of entry in the US" would not be applicable - thus the carry-ons! Although jfkeze, would love if we could get away with it the craziness of JFK!

Linke3- booked mine on Expedia and it was all in USD.

Last edited by smikih; Jan 8, 2015 at 9:44 pm
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm considering doing this for US Thanksgiving. Positioning to YYZ is a bit of a pain though, but probably worth it for the cheap flight and a ton of miles.

Edit: booked for $448 CAD, 11/23-11/30 via Google Flights and usairways.com. Now to see if it tickets, but I'm going to sleep and will see in the morning. I can position to YYZ using Skypesos so nbd there.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jan 8, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.