Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:28 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by iahphx
At least Beijing has heat. In Shanghai, which is a little warmer, the gov't still seems to ration it.
It's not that they don't have heaters, or a question of rationing, it is that no one wants to pay for the electricity, so you wear heavy jackets and gloves indoors starting in November, except in the western style hotels of course.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rbAA
It's not that they don't have heaters, or a question of rationing, it is that no one wants to pay for the electricity, so you wear heavy jackets and gloves indoors starting in November, except in the western style hotels of course.
TMK, there are no central heating grids south of the 长江. But, since I presume most of you guys are staying in hotels, this is a non issue. If you're not, you can pick up a nice space heater at Carrefour for around y200 (less on taobao).
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
$144 RT for B6 BOS-PHL. I just know as soon as I pull the trigger there will be a schedule change on the main trip. Other AS EQM earning options but not woth the risk of cuting it too close on connecting flights.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Oct 15 ord pvg

Anyone on Tuesday Oct 15 ORD PVG ?

Two of us , be in the FS Lounge a bit early. have Flyertalk tag.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by HMPS
Anyone on Tuesday Oct 15 ORD PVG ?

Two of us , be in the FS Lounge a bit early. have Flyertalk tag.
According to the fare rules, the fare is valid for the following months in 2014:

FROM THE UNITED STATES -
PERMITTED 07JAN THROUGH 07MAR OR 01SEP THROUGH 29NOV FOR
EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
TO THE UNITED STATES -
PERMITTED 05JAN THROUGH 14MAR OR 19SEP THROUGH 26DEC FOR
EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
How did you book this for Oct 2013?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by whimike
According to the fare rules, the fare is valid for the following months in 2014:

How did you book this for Oct 2013?
He never said it was on this fare.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
In Beijing, heat may not be on yet in October. The temperature has to drop below a certain threshold for 3 consecutive days before the government turns it on. If you need any advice about what to see or do in Beijing, PM me - I lived there for 3 years and left in February.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Schedule Change on PHL-ORD, affecting PHL-PEK trip

I booked this fare (PHL-PEK) in October via Orbitz and found out today that there was as significant schedule change on my PHL-ORD USAIR leg on 2/15/14. It turned my 3 hour connection in ORD to a 7 hour connection. I do not want to do that and was trying to figure out what my options are without paying any change fees. The PHL-ORD portion is on US and the ORD-PEK portion is on AA.

I'm based in DC, so ideally I'd like to change the PHL-ORD US flight to a better timed DCA-ORD flight on either UA or AA. Will they do that for me? Are both UA and AA now codeshare partners with US? If they wont do that and I have to stay on US, my second option was to book a BWI-ORD flight on US.

Worst case scenario, there is a better PHL-ORD flight on US I'd like to change to, but that'd be my last resort.

Any ideas or tips? Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by rocketzo
I booked this fare (PHL-PEK) in October via Orbitz and found out today that there was as significant schedule change on my PHL-ORD USAIR leg on 2/15/14. It turned my 3 hour connection in ORD to a 7 hour connection. I do not want to do that and was trying to figure out what my options are without paying any change fees. The PHL-ORD portion is on US and the ORD-PEK portion is on AA.

I'm based in DC, so ideally I'd like to change the PHL-ORD US flight to a better timed DCA-ORD flight on either UA or AA. Will they do that for me? Are both UA and AA now codeshare partners with US? If they wont do that and I have to stay on US, my second option was to book a BWI-ORD flight on US.

Worst case scenario, there is a better PHL-ORD flight on US I'd like to change to, but that'd be my last resort.

Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the fare is booked through American Airlines, so when Orbitz contacts AA to see if they can obtain a better flight, AA will likely be able to offer one of their own flights...When you contact them, propose the specific flight.

My problem is that I actually want a longer connection, It's 5 hours 10 minutes for me, which was changed from 5 hours, 20 mins, and I'd love a longer one so I can take the blue line into the city to visit a friend and maybe go to one of the museums.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:30 pm
Company Representative - Orbitz

Schedule Change on PHL-ORD, affecting PHL-PEK trip

Hi Rocketzo,

My name is Lynne; I’m a member of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. Please email us at [email protected] and include your Orbitz confirmation #, so that we can review what’s available for your airline schedule change protection.

Thank you for reaching out. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Lynne
Orbitz Customer Relations
Chicago, IL
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Orbitz
Hi Rocketzo,

My name is Lynne; I’m a member of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. Please email us at [email protected] and include your Orbitz confirmation #, so that we can review what’s available for your airline schedule change protection.

Thank you for reaching out. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Lynne
Orbitz Customer Relations
Chicago, IL
Is this necessary, considering the schedule change was involuntary?
(AA/US should waive the fees in that case.)
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Upgrade chances using SWUs?

Anyone know if ORD-PEK/PEK-ORD is an easy route to upgrade? I'm leaving on Feb 5th (Wed) and returning the 10th (Monday). On UA, I've had better luck with mid-week flights, not sure if anyone has same experience here on AA. Should have my SWUs deposit sometime Monday morning, an will apply right away. Unfortunately I'm only seeing J=7 and C=0 on both flights.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Blootch
Anyone know if ORD-PEK/PEK-ORD is an easy route to upgrade? I'm leaving on Feb 5th (Wed) and returning the 10th (Monday). On UA, I've had better luck with mid-week flights, not sure if anyone has same experience here on AA. Should have my SWUs deposit sometime Monday morning, an will apply right away. Unfortunately I'm only seeing J=7 and C=0 on both flights.
I am also on the 5th and 10th flights. I wonder how many FT'ers will be on these 2 flights...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold

I'm flying this same route starting on 2/19. So far, I still have the 3 hour layover in ORD. I am also in the DC area. If you figure out a way to fly out of DCA, please let me know. The schedule change may open it right up for you. So far my original flight from PHL-ORD is still the same, so I guess I'll be taking a train or bus to PHL to start the trip. I would rather have flown out of IAD or DCA.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by zgringo14
I'm flying this same route starting on 2/19. So far, I still have the 3 hour layover in ORD. I am also in the DC area. If you figure out a way to fly out of DCA, please let me know. The schedule change may open it right up for you. So far my original flight from PHL-ORD is still the same, so I guess I'll be taking a train or bus to PHL to start the trip. I would rather have flown out of IAD or DCA.
ZGringo - The USAir flight schedule change wasn't enough to get US (or AA) to budge and put us on a DCA vs PHL flight. Though Orbitz was able to contact AA on my behalf and put us on an AA PHL-ORD flight at a much better time than the US PHL-ORD flight that we got put on given the US schedule change.

Also just wanted to report back that Lynne from Orbitz who posted above was awesome in helping me and my 3 companions all get moved from the USAIR flight none of us could make and put us all on the same better timed AA flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.