Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by whimike
Yes, India is in Asia, so are many other countries. We have been specifically discussing China, flying on AA, which means you are going there westbound and coming back eastbound.

Are you suggesting there is no way to get from DFW to PVG? I thought it was obvious the OP was connecting in either LAX or ORD, all the potential routes have been displayed throughout this thread.

Depends which direction you fly, but with AA it is west. If you had read the prior posts you would realize that the question was being asked about jet lag and most responded you will be fine when flying west to PVG but will get it when flying east back home from PVG.
Just flew AA PEK ORD, east bound as you say. Two days, jet lag is the same when I fly West to USA from India via Europe.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by HMPS
Just flew AA PEK ORD, east bound as you say. Two days, jet lag is the same when I fly West to USA from India via Europe.
The jet lag comparison was between flying west to PEK from the US vs. flying east to the US from PEK. There is typically a marked difference between the jet lag experienced.

Not sure why you want to compare PEK vs India, yet again, or how the jet lag from India has any relevance to this PHL-PEK fare/route.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:20 pm

Just as a note, my PEK-ORD SWU for Feb 10th just cleared. Still waiting for ORD-PEK to clear.

Anybody else starting to clear?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: ??????????
Just as a note, my PEK-ORD SWU for Feb 10th just cleared. Still waiting for ORD-PEK to clear.

Mine for the 9th (PEK-ORD) just cleared a few days ago. Now if only the ones at the end of this month will clear. Happi(er) wife needed.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond

Still waiting for my 2/27 (return 3/8) to clear. Been closely watching availability, and EXP desk told me this weekend that outbound has 30/37 seats open, and return has 32/37. Optimistic.

Edit: I did ORD-PVG instead of PEK for ~$50 more.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:51 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by hdawg
Mine for the 9th (PEK-ORD) just cleared a few days ago. Now if only the ones at the end of this month will clear. Happi(er) wife needed.
These used to clear much sooner, but now AA likes to wait until the week before in most cases. All of my PEK's and PVG's should clear, on one (March 2014 trip) I had them apply the eVP to get the domestic segments cleared ASAP (plus pull a 2/14 eVP for the 3/6/14 to 3/9/14 flights.)

Maybe you could find the "happier wife" in PEK?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, SQ-PPS, Marriott PP
My outbound on 2/27 cleared back in October just after the ticket was issued. Inbound on 3/3 hasn't cleared but J load looks fine. Here's to hoping the weather breaks the teens and the smog index subsides ;-)
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:30 pm

Who on the Feb 5 departure got IRROP'ed? My PHL-MIA flight got cancelled and AA auto-rebooked me PHL-LHR-PEK on BA all in J class since my SWU had cleared. And, my BA tickets being booked in J means 25% COS bonus!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Who on the Feb 5 departure got IRROP'ed? My PHL-MIA flight got cancelled and AA auto-rebooked me PHL-LHR-PEK on BA all in J class since my SWU had cleared. And, my BA tickets being booked in J means 25% COS bonus!
Wow! That is awesome.

I'm doing this one on February 19. All in Y.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iadp
My outbound on 2/27 cleared back in October just after the ticket was issued. Inbound on 3/3 hasn't cleared but J load looks fine. Here's to hoping the weather breaks the teens and the smog index subsides ;-)
What about the bird flu warnings?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
I just finished this run. It was a great trip. Thanks to the OP. It was bitterly cold in beijing, but we had a great time anyway.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
just finished this run, but with some changes...

LAX-PVG at first didn't clear, got the email from EF indicating C class space 20 hours prior to departure and called in, agent at first said: "uhm, under airport control", I said there is C space, let's clear the waitlisted segment... 'uhm... OK!" so it cleared ,

the return drove me nuts, I got the email about C space two hours before landing in PVG, and when I pulled up EF/AA while taxing in PVG my evip hadn't cleared and at that time it was C0, going down at one point to J0! my only hope was row 8, still showing as blocked...

at the airport, my PVG-ORD was still showing exit row... so I'm enjoying noodles and a few JW Blacks dreading the row 31 for such a long flight... was told to go to the gate, and one hour prior to departure, I got a battlefield upgrade to row 8, with my original seating on the boarding pass scratched off and the new seat listed!

I suspect some "Shenas" going on with the upgrades... this ticket was bought back in October, and listed for upgrades at the time, spoke to someone who had cleared the PVG-ORD upgrade the morning of the departure (some 8 hours prior to my upgrade clearing) but he bought the ticket in late January!
anyway upgrade cleared and landed in ORD, I was supposed to fly to PHL via BNA and DFW but due to the storm, asked for a non-stop to PHL, that flight got cancelled a few minutes before I woke up at my hotel in ORD... called AA and got rerouted to LGA, saving me the Megabus ride home, and I got home significantly earlier than anticipated... have to see whether to go for ORC, since I did ask for the re-route and in the end got home to my city versus PHL...

PVG was great, PH Shanghai was lovely, some small issues but overall great time...
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
The jet lag comparison was between flying west to PEK from the US vs. flying east to the US from PEK. There is typically a marked difference between the jet lag experienced.

Not sure why you want to compare PEK vs India, yet again, or how the jet lag from India has any relevance to this PHL-PEK fare/route.
Similar time difference?
(PEK-ORD is GMT+8 to -6 so 14 hours. I recently flew BOM-LHR-YVR-LAX which is GMT+5.5 to -8 so 13.5 hours...)
Then again, I think flight composition has something to do with it (as it's easier to sleep on BOM-LHR and arrive refreshed in LHR and stay awake for the next 19-20 hours before crashing on West coast time.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.