Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD UA MR's?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:51 am

I would LOVE a Chicago group site!

I am pretty new at this too. I did the Istanbul run in December for one day, and then went again in march with my daughter, and added Llisbon onto the trip... total airfare war $650!. At Thanksgiving I am flying UA to Mexico City, and then business class on Lan Chile for $1405 to Santiago Chile and EASTER ISLAND- Over 16,000 miles, plus the class bonus and a great vacation.... I LOVE this site!

Add me to any Facebook group. I will happily add content
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KevinRS
I am pretty new at this too. I did the Istanbul run in December for one day, and then went again in march with my daughter, and added Llisbon onto the trip... total airfare war $650!. At Thanksgiving I am flying UA to Mexico City, and then business class on Lan Chile for $1405 to Santiago Chile and EASTER ISLAND- Over 16,000 miles, plus the class bonus and a great vacation.... I LOVE this site!

Add me to any Facebook group. I will happily add content
Maybe I am in the minority here, but why dont you just "subscribe" to this thread. Every time someone posts, I get a email.

That is the purpose of FT, not sure why we would want another site to check for MR info
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:40 am

Like the idea of limited CHI focus

the vast majority of posts here are not important to me, but if one was focused on just Chicago, it would be easier.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by KevinRS
the vast majority of posts here are not important to me, but if one was focused on just Chicago, it would be easier.
The only mileage run info I get is posted here in the "ORD MR" forum. Simply turn on email subscriptions and u only get threads to what you post in.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
The most recent IND-SEA $179ai is good enough, anyone base in Chicago take advantage of that ?

I paid $30 roundtrip on megabus to commute to IND to start the run.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 2:19 pm

Are they flying that on a RJ? LOL

you are a warrior to hit the mega
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ilovesprint
Are they flying that on a RJ? LOL

you are a warrior to hit the mega
That's what mileage run all about, to get the most miles with the least amount of money. I could have done Amtrak but that I have to overnight in Indy which would even cost me more money.

With roundtrip on mega I won't need to overnight anywhere.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Maybe I am in the minority here, but why dont you just "subscribe" to this thread. Every time someone posts, I get a email.

That is the purpose of FT, not sure why we would want another site to check for MR info
Completely agree with this comment. I'm not going to check other places for MR details. Plus, MRs out of ORD are rare enough that I don't see the point of going elsewhere.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver

+1

Not sure if everyone saw it or not, but there is a targeted 50% bonus PQM for fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V (note the inexpensive fare classes are excluded: W, S, T, L, K, G and N):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...promotion.html

I did a quick search, but was unable to find any good MR using the more expensive fare classes. I'll continue to search, and post anything I find.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
+1

Not sure if everyone saw it or not, but there is a targeted 50% bonus PQM for fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q and V (note the inexpensive fare classes are excluded: W, S, T, L, K, G and N):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...promotion.html

I did a quick search, but was unable to find any good MR using the more expensive fare classes. I'll continue to search, and post anything I find.
Stop wasting your time, you already know MR fare classes are ALWAYS G and N for domestic and K for international. (you may get L for domestic sometimes, but those usually can't do same day turn, which means not MR material)

If you buy 2 tickets in S/T/L/K/G/N, it may even cost less than 1 ticket in V or above. 2 tickets in S/T/L/K/G/N you would be earning 200% PQM, whereas 1 ticket in V with the promo would only get you 150% PQM, so how does this sound to you ?

It used to be S and T being the lowest, then comes L and K, 2 years ago created G (G used to be government / employee and NRSA fare class), and now even have N.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Apr 17, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Stop wasting your time, you already know MR fare classes are ALWAYS G and N for domestic and K for international. (you may get L for domestic sometimes, but those usually can't do same day turn, which means not MR material)

If you buy 2 tickets in S/T/L/K/G/N, it may even cost less than 1 ticket in V or above. 2 tickets in S/T/L/K/G/N you would be earning 200% PQM, whereas 1 ticket in V with the promo would only get you 150% PQM, so how does this sound to you ?

It used to be S and T being the lowest, then comes L and K, 2 years ago created G (G used to be government / employee and NRSA fare class), and now even have N.

A bit harsh, but it matches what I've seen the last few days. I travel for leisure, and was a bit surprised at how much move V fares are then the less expensive tickets I normally purchase.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:30 pm

There are some good opportunities for long haul MRs from ORD:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ov-2013-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rt-k-fare.html
Old May 16, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
Good finds, ChicagoDave!
Old May 16, 2013, 1:34 pm
Formerly known as caveruner17

There's also ORD-PRG on November on US (earns UA credit... for now)
Old May 16, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'll be upfront with you all, this is my article but if it helps anyone find MRs from ORD, or anywhere for that matter, that would be great.

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2013/...o-do-this.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.