Wiki Posts
Search

ORD UA MR's?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1P, Avis Presidents Club, Marriott Gold Elite, RCC
ORD UA MR's?

Don't see many? I lost Gold to Silver due to a surgery last year. I am now challenging to gold and looking for some mr deals. I see on ita I can do ord to sfo for 258 ai a few week days in march and april for 3682 pqm's. thought I might ask if there are other good deals preferably on weekend day turns. Silver is brutal getting seats to phl, dca, etc where I go on biz. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 6:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
ord-dxb is posted in mr deals...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: kayaker
Another good option (especially if you live in the NW suburbs) is to drive to MKE and MR out of there -- often better fares, more frequent target MRs, and you also get the extra PQS and 500 PQM minimum.

PM me if you want to discuss further -- I'm also in the MSN/MKE/ORD triangle and am always on the lookout for deals.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I live near ORD, but can travel from MKE also. If you see something under 4 cpm, I'd also like to know. I was able to find routes as low as 4.2 cpm from ORD to DXB via IAH & FRA (FRA - DXB on LH)

Edit: I didn't verify what LH fare class this maps into or check if it earns EQM.

Last edited by ChicagoDave; Feb 25, 2013 at 8:53 am
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
In the same boat as you guys with UA/ORD, but can't do MR's during the week (not enough vacation time)!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:24 am
Formerly known as caveruner17

Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
I live near ORD, but can travel from MKE also. If you see something under 4 cpm, I'd also like to know. I was able to find routes as low as 4.2 cpm from ORD to DXB via IAH & FRA (FRA - DXB on LH)

Edit: I didn't verify what LH fare class this maps into or check if it earns EQM.
LH is usually K

Found out the hard way on ORD-MUC-IST-ZRH-ORD trip in November.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Platinum; Star Alliance Gold; Starwood Platinum
Count me in as another Chicago-based person looking for MRs on UA out of ORD. They're really tough to find, especially given that I'm restricted to weekends for doing them.

NDFAN1976 is in the Chicago area and is on the lookout for MR deals from ORD, as well.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:46 am

We need some sort of sub group or email chain to keep informed about potential opportunities (or we could just continue to check this site habitually).
Old Mar 3, 2013, 4:54 pm

Ha, yeah, we may just have to keep checking. But I'm also based at ORD, and since it sounds like there's a lot of us, I'd definitely be in for an email chain.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1P, Avis Presidents Club, Marriott Gold Elite, RCC
I am in as well. I need a cheap min mile flight now to complete challenge back to Gold. Quick late day turn would work but everything close, mke msp dtw cmh cle ftw are well over $200. Thoughts?

Let me know about email chain, that would help.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:03 pm
Formerly known as caveruner17

I was finding some ORD-NRT trips that were partially dumpable, but I couldn't get the fare to go under $975 or so.

We did have the ORD-BRU last Feb and the ORD-IST recently (although I booked through LH/LX and lost the miles, but well worth the layovers). Also believe there are ORD-HNL still available (if you can handle Domestic flights in Y on a 767 without food...)
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by marquis930
Count me in as another Chicago-based person looking for MRs on UA out of ORD. They're really tough to find, especially given that I'm restricted to weekends for doing them.

NDFAN1976 is in the Chicago area and is on the lookout for MR deals from ORD, as well.
Count me in as well - on side note, you can set up flyer talk to send you a email every time someone posts in this thread
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by ilovesprint
Count me in as well - on side note, you can set up flyer talk to send you a email every time someone posts in this thread
That's a great idea - for those that don't know how to subscribe, you can find that option under "thread tools." Post opportunities as you see them and then we'll be notified.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:45 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I would be in an E_mail chain as well. I actually enjoy staying a day or so on MR's for good times.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:00 am

...And the UA - ORD to DXB is back for travel through May 15. $696

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.