Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by TerryK
RGN-JNB is a SA fare. It should not have been plated on SQ 618. OTA discovered the plating error and corrected it by reissuing under SA 083 stock. Interesting data point as this can only be done manually. Someone did it without raising a fuss about your fare.^
JNB fares have finally been disabled with ticketing till of end of today.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
If anyone decides to sue the airlines after the dust is settled and things don't look good, I think I'm in.. And after this point, I'd rather take their money than them to honor the fare. That way, they'll learn their lessons far more painfully than they expected.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by FrankTalk
Wasn't SQ refusing to check in pax on some CMB-NYC AZ biz fare claiming they would never receive the correct amount for transportation after looking at the total price paid?

I had one ticketed on SQ stock and their CTO was more than happy to sticker one coupon for later date as I missed my morning flight after being out and drinking until 4AM or so.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: SK EBG *G
Originally Posted by wildway
According to ExpertFlyer, there are still RTW fares available. For example, AGLOB34 for $137, offered by RJ, LA.
I'd like to know as well, how can I book? Calling the airline doesn't seem like a good idea... These fares usually are not bookable online and require that you talk to a real person? PM welcome
Old May 7, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: TK G, A3 G
Originally Posted by TerryK
RGN-JNB is a SA fare. It should not have been plated on SQ 618. OTA discovered the plating error and corrected it by reissuing under SA 083 stock. Interesting data point as this can only be done manually. Someone did it without raising a fuss about your fare.^
My OTA issued straight the 083 tickets without any SQ ticket involved, but a flight segment on SQ flight number to RGN-SIN. I'm still waiting for the Saudi Arabia ticket to be issued....... grrr......
Old May 7, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: TK G, A3 G
Originally Posted by mannen
I'd like to know as well, how can I book? Calling the airline doesn't seem like a good idea... These fares usually are not bookable online and require that you talk to a real person? PM welcome
As far as I know, the Round the World tickets must be built manually according to the rules and would not autoprice in many GDS ?!? So I doubt any agent would issue this ticket based on this low price because it would not be auto priced and he could be held liable if all turns bad for him. With the autoprice the agencies are all safe, they just issued what the airline GDS guaranteed them.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by delta2308
As far as I know, the Round the World tickets must be built manually according to the rules and would not autoprice in many GDS ?!? ...
Yep !
Old May 7, 2012, 11:00 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
On another note: Since somebody has mentioned it already, my source has confirmed that I can reaffirm that the origin of the email was

....drumroll...............

TG:-:

Yes, the exact words Fraud and Forgery are used.
So Tg isn't cancelling tickets on their stock and would rather greet pax with denied boarding at RGN? Makes KE way better for cancelling now.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by c2h
So Tg isn't cancelling tickets on their stock and would rather greet pax with denied boarding at RGN? Makes KE way better for cancelling now.
I've got a KE ticket that has not been cancelled yet, and my flight still shows up on their website when I check for seat availability. I think they directed the OTA's to cancel but have not directly cancelled the tickets themselves
Old May 7, 2012, 12:12 pm

If that TG email was generic... perhaps someone can obtain a copy of it and redact any identifying information. If one wishes to pursue TG in any kind of court or enforcement action it would interesting to see them try and explain the fraud and forgery allegations.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
I will be flying via BKK and Europe to USA.

If Thai denies my boarding, I guess I can rely on EC 261/2004 to claim EUR600 for the "inconveniences"?
Old May 7, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by anaidross
I will be flying via BKK and Europe to USA.

If Thai denies my boarding, I guess I can rely on EC 261/2004 to claim EUR600 for the "inconveniences"?
Nope. Since the flight is not on an EU carrier, EC 261/2004 only applies if the flight originates there. Sorry.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, HH:Diamond
so explain in english please

So what does this latest twist with TG actually mean? If I'm ticketed/plated on a carrier that has not cancelled my ticket (and therefore presumably has no problem with the ticketing) and one segment is on TG (TG operated) say between rgn and bkk, does that mean TG is hinting at denying me boarding when i show up at rgn? Even though my ticketing carrier has not asked them to/has not cancelled my ticket?

Or is this whole discussion only applicable to TG ticketed fares?
Old May 7, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, HH:Diamond
also why is my ticketing carrier my ticketing carrier

Also, from reading all the rules on assigning a ticketing carrier, the airline operating the first intl segment should be the ticketing carrier- TAs are instructed to follow this rule. But my first intl segment is rgn-bkk which would point to TG as the likely candidate for the ticketing/plating. But instead my ticket was plated by a skyteam airline (that is issued on their stock with an 006 ticket number). Can anyone explain why?
Old May 7, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
On another note: Since somebody has mentioned it already, my source has confirmed that I can reaffirm that the origin of the email was

....drumroll...............

TG:-:

Yes, the exact words Fraud and Forgery are used.
I'm curious what will happen. The memo sounds serious and in hindsight I regret not going via Perth.

I have a 083 ticket on MI/SQ/TG operated flights. If the ticket holds and I get to BKK, I wonder what TG would do given their harsh choice of words?

Someone mentioned a few hundred posts ago the "Locked Up Abroad" series... well as a plus, I like Thai food and it would be nice to get away from work for awhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.