Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 7:29 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly

This sure has made an otherwise dull workweek exciting though, hasn't it? I've only needed 3-4 cups of coffee to stay awake.
Tell me all about it. I haven't been sleeping all week long especially when the thread starts buzzing after midnight in Europe.

As much as I've enjoyed purchasing it, I'm now looking forward to how this turns out.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:29 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jfkeze
So I filled a DOT complaint against KE/CheapoAir. I prepared a very sweet letter that I'm sending out to Cheapo soon. DOT regulations gives us some very strong footing on this deal. Especially since most emails from Vayama/Cheapo/etc had ticket numbers, so the ticket was issued.
I might need to pay my local Small Claims court a visit, but I think that they don't have much of a case...
If you're planning to collect the equivalent of what you will have to spend to reinstate what was canceled vs. performance of the contract, will Small Claims be sufficient?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by c2h
If it's TG stock you can see it in TG's website. Or else the only way is via online check-in on KE website but you wont see your ticket, just to see whether it's still in their system or not.
This might be a bad question, but how would I check what stock the ticket is booked on? My reservation on CheapOair shows VN under "Airline", so is that it?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:32 pm

Give us the airlines you're on and we can probably guess. It's likely not on VN stock.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:33 pm

VN OZ KE
Old May 3, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA1k, AA EXP, PC Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
This might be a bad question, but how would I check what stock the ticket is booked on? My reservation on CheapOair shows VN under "Airline", so is that it?
by the ticket number Korean Air starts with 180
Old May 3, 2012, 7:35 pm

VN OZ KE
It's KE stock. Did you try eitr.amadeusasia.com
Old May 3, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Originally Posted by sfoactuary
For those that have been around the block a couple times on these deals, what's a realistic outcome to expect for those that had their tix cancelled?
I am sure that some folks here remember an Air Canada extravaganza a few years ago. After some time (I think several weeks), AC offered *A flyers the mileage they would have earned from the itineraries in exchange for cancellation of the tickets.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by c2h
The both of you should get a written clarification from DL. Show it to vayama if DL happens to deny instructing to cancel tickets.
Good idea. I have the DL confirmation and ticket receipt and of course the ticketing E-mail from Vayama. 36 hours elapsed between time of ticketing and cancellation. Credit card charges appeared today.

I'll give it a few days to see if and how Vayama responds, but then likely will write to Delta to learn whether they requested cancellation of the ticket or not.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:41 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by yyzjake
Is there a sabre version of this? Virtually there doesn't seem like it.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: most of them
I don't have a dog in this fight....but isn't it likely that violating DOT rules will just result in a DOT fine or some other sort of administrative action rather than some requirement that KE or DL or whoever is required to reinstate your canceled ticket?

Good luck to all of you. BTW visiting Burma is totally worthwhile. But tourism is booming there in high season anyway and the infrastructure is really being strained.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:45 pm

Is there a sabre version of this? Virtually there doesn't seem like it.
Virtually There is it. You can print out eticket receipts once they've been issued from inside VT.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Spiff
If you're planning to collect the equivalent of what you will have to spend to reinstate what was canceled vs. performance of the contract, will Small Claims be sufficient?
California allows individuals to seek up to $10,000 in damages in small claims court. I'm working on my demand letter now.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by yyzjake
How do you "see" what stock you're on? Just guessing or does it show somewhere on your PNR?
Old May 3, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Sykes
California allows individuals to seek up to $10,000 in damages in small claims court. I'm working on my demand letter now.
Sigh...I'm limited to $3,000 here in NJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.