Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:55 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by channa
Credits never show as pending against a CC. They just post when they post.
thanks
i never have really any credits
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
The last one I booked was at 1:02pm PST today. I think with the fact that code has been restricted to ex-Canadia cities shows that these will be honored.

For any of the Expedia.ca lurkers here, I will take a check in US or Canadian funds for the entire amount of my trips as a settlement if y'all wish to cancel.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:57 pm

Just to add my 2 cents...

Booked SAN-LAS yesterday. Today, the flights confirmed according to airlines (with seat assignments), Expedia.ca has the confirmation and numbers for hotel, airlines. The expedia.ca payment history has the payment and refund posted. As exepected, CC not posting anything yet....Thank you OP....
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
The thread seems to have slowed down like the breathing of a couple after a raucous session of lovemaking.

Any word as to whether the deal is still working for amurrikans?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: WN CP, SPG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by CDKing
Might not be Dead. In the spirit of sharing on FT and not hiding deals. I will post the following info.

I entered voucher code and then changed billing address to non canadian and it gave the following error:

I then reentered the voucher code while it still said US based (forgot the exact term) and it accepted it again. I did not hit the purchase button yet so i dont know if theres another script to not allow the charge to go through after clicking it
I found the same thing. But after entering all of my CC info and submitting, it came back with several errors, including the voucher is not valid & postal code must be at least 6 digits. It definitely checks the address on submission.

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by atomicc8
I am staying at the Choco Hostel on the 2-3 Dec! I am going to check in and if its a dive as much as the reviews say so move to the YHA!
We're (3 of us) getting in at noon on 4 Dec and leaving early morning 5 Dec, so we're just going to stay up all night (two of us are photographers, so we'll spend lots of time shooting NYC at night) and skip the Choco. We have various rooms at all the various hostels: Choco, Fresh, etc. I don't think I managed to get 3 bunks or rooms at the same place anyway, which would stink.

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I think the deal's gone people! Trying to book YYC-EWR for end of December and it's not valid...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
I think the deal's gone people! Trying to book YYC-EWR for end of December and it's not valid...
Yes it seems to be gone for both Americans and Canadians. The code now says it's invalid and all references to the promotion have been removed from the website. Hopefully it will be honored for anyone in the US who booked it.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:01 pm

The voucher code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and enter it again or select I don't have a voucher to continue.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Or, in my case, Fresh Hotel and Hostel, what an ugly name.... It has 1.5 stars

What dates though? Mine is Dec 1-2.
At least its fresh...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:03 pm

Yeah - I booked a YYZ-EWR run which I probably won't be able to do (I paid 0$). So I hope that the T&C that said the following refers to cancelling completely and not just no-showing... Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card. http://www.expedia.ca/daily/voucher/save300.html
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
the code is gone, however it's still active on SOME of the expedia server. I had to refresh about 4x and it went back on. then it re-validates it after you enter your credit card #. that means 4 more refreshes to get it to come back. then it verifies once more on final checkout.

as a result it took me 20 minutes to book the final conf.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: HH-S WS-G
Originally Posted by jetfuel44
But understand - once you start, there is no stopping.
one of us. one of us. one of us
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
FWIW: If you try to apply the voucher and it fails, you might want to try to reapply it a couple times (by just clicking the button again), or remove it and then reapply it a couple times... it seems to work.

For me, when I clicked the "non-canadian address" radio button and put in my US address, it told me that the voucher wasn't valid. I took it out, put it back in and applied it, then clicked the apply button again when it told me it wasn't valid, and it worked. Not sure if I want to complete the booking, but it does seem that you can get the website to accept the voucher still.

So it may be riskier than earlier, but you might still be able to make a booking.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:06 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by jlisi984
ewr incl hotels isnt nyc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.