Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(GONE) UA/AA: ORD-LGA $155.40 ai (134+) on July 10 e-fare: same day turn 3x EQM+RDM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(GONE) UA/AA: ORD-LGA $155.40 ai (134+) on July 10 e-fare: same day turn 3x EQM+RDM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Life Plt, UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I'm not sure how goofy this is, but I've booked 5 days worth of double round trips. I simply looked for days when the fares for both morning and afternoon were as close to $200 as possible, but I was more interested in the scheduling, which each day is the 6 am ORD - LGA, back on the 10:04, then out again on the 12:09, and home to stay on the 4:04, getting in at 5:45. Scheduling is a bit tight, but the 1K desk said it should be doable if everything is on time.

My average RT is $230 AI for 4398 miles, avg cost 5.25 cents/mi. I've spread out the days to no more than one per week. I know this cost/mi is higher than the average mileage run, but how often do we get triple EQM, and 44,000 EQM for 5 day's work?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
Originally Posted by fellowtraveller
I'm not sure how goofy this is, but I've booked 5 days worth of double round trips. I simply looked for days when the fares for both morning and afternoon were as close to $200 as possible, but I was more interested in the scheduling, which each day is the 6 am ORD - LGA, back on the 10:04, then out again on the 12:09, and home to stay on the 4:04, getting in at 5:45. Scheduling is a bit tight, but the 1K desk said it should be doable if everything is on time.

My average RT is $230 AI for 4398 miles, avg cost 5.25 cents/mi. I've spread out the days to no more than one per week. I know this cost/mi is higher than the average mileage run, but how often do we get triple EQM, and 44,000 EQM for 5 day's work?
If your planning to do more than one RT a day, I would be careful of flight congestion in LGA. I did a weekday run last Tuesday and traffic backed up at LGA that I eventually missed one of my segments and the whole thing had to be rebooked.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Angust
If your planning to do more than one RT a day, I would be careful of flight congestion in LGA. I did a weekday run last Tuesday and traffic backed up at LGA that I eventually missed one of my segments and the whole thing had to be rebooked.
not to mention having delays due to crew, mechanical, etc.

the 7am ord-lga on 7/10 had a mech delay of all things.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:21 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by izzik

the 7am ord-lga on 7/10 had a mech delay of all things.
And the 9:30am LGA-ORD was cancelled....
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
I think that most of AA's ORD-LGA flights turn around and go back to ORD, so booking successive flights in that direction might not be so bad (as long as sufficient time is provided at ORD to buffer for a delayed turn).

The first AA flight from ORD on 10 July was held up for a problem with the water system (as izzik noted). Was the cancellation at 9:30 on UA or AA? I know that AA got some standby pax on their (scheduled) 11am flight, so they did a nice job of clearing a backlog if it was them.

On AA, I overheard the flight attendants chatting in the back about triple miles during the LGA-ORD flight on Saturday morning. I guess they figured something was up when they saw the same people on the plane in both directions.

(Somewhat surprised that triple RDMs posted immediately to AA - I expect the EQM to post later.)
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:57 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by gary_nj

Was the cancellation at 9:30 on UA or AA?
UA
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:22 am
In Memoriam

cancellation

I was outbound from ORD on the 3pm flight and returning on the 7pm. Both were cancelled earlier this morning. I was rebooked on the 4pm and the 8pm, but chose to switch days which UA did without charge, fees, or penalities.

wwbgd
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:50 pm

Thanks so much to all for the input and cautionary words of wisdom. With 10 round trips coming up, I have no doubt there will be glitches. I just hope one of the glitches doesn't land me in NY for the night.

In reading over my post from yesterday, I realize that I didn't specify that I'm doing all of this on UA, not AA. I have elite status on both, but I do use UA more than AA. Again, thanks to everyone. BTW, how does the 5.25 cents/mile stack up with other MRs? It's not a thread I follow very often, so I wasn't sure.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Originally Posted by fellowtraveller
BTW, how does the 5.25 cents/mile stack up with other MRs? It's not a thread I follow very often, so I wasn't sure.
5.25 seems really high. I did an ORD-LGA-ORD run a few days ago on AA and using one of the popular 10% codes, my EQM came out at 3.22 cpm and RDM at 2.42 cpm.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
Anyone got the bonus miles shown up in their account?

The first MR ORD-LGA I took was on 19th, but I haven't seen any of the bonus miles show up in my account yet. I know it said to take 4-6wks, but AA and delta post them way faster. Anyone tried to call them and ask for those miles before? I am actually counting on it to push me to the next level.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:29 am

Programs: 1k UA,HHonors, SPG Gold
Did two trip on one day with no problems. 7/10. Pretty easy way to get 3X EQM.^
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Originally Posted by lightangel
The first MR ORD-LGA I took was on 19th, but I haven't seen any of the bonus miles show up in my account yet. I know it said to take 4-6wks, but AA and delta post them way faster. Anyone tried to call them and ask for those miles before? I am actually counting on it to push me to the next level.
Well, AA only posts the RDM bonus immediately. It's been about a month since my first ORD-LGA MR and I still haven't seen my EQM bonus post. In fact, I think the terms of the AA promo state "6-8 weeks" so you might see yours faster than mine...
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:59 pm

My first double RT on 7/21 went flawlessly, in fact my 6 am ORD/LGA was 10 mins early, and I just missed turning around an hour earlier, which would have made my whole day an hour less. Got upgraded on two of the four flights. I'll be doing it four times more in August (8 more RTs). I called MP through the 1K desk today, and was told 6-8 weeks for the bonus EQMs to post. Doesn't matter much to me, as it will take me until the fall to requalify anyway.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
Can I ask did you get anything under much of 200 dollars for this run in August. I am getting 182 before taxes on bomb site. Yes I am quite the newbie. I was wondering how low can you go if you could successfully book a 6 leg trip one day from ord to lga and back a few. I am thinking 600 dollars for 13194 miles right?

Is that worth it?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
Originally Posted by lightangel

I did two AA runs earlier this month(Jul7th and 10th) and the double RDM's posted, but the matching EQM's have not hit my account yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.