Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(GONE) UA/AA: ORD-LGA $155.40 ai (134+) on July 10 e-fare: same day turn 3x EQM+RDM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(GONE) UA/AA: ORD-LGA $155.40 ai (134+) on July 10 e-fare: same day turn 3x EQM+RDM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: AA PLT
yeah -- these are pretty short, painless flights. I was surprised both my flights had full meal service on AA. This is so much easier than flying 8 hrs r/t to California.....

Originally Posted by izzik
they pad a lot of time in the schedule for this route.. due to congestion at both airports. Actual flying time ORD to LGA is only 90 min or so.. but schedule will show 2h12m.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:03 am
Original Poster

I will be on the 11am ish flight ORD-LGA
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: United, American, Delta, Usairways, Southwest, Avis, Alamo, Hyatt, Marriot, Intercontinental
i think it's gone

I had the fare up and paused to do something. went back to the same day fares and New York (LGA) is gone. Anyone else still seeing it?

Still doable for $174 plus tax. :-( not so great

ok. I just tried searching the normal way. I found the $174 fare but when you click through, fare drops to $155 as we've been discussing here.

Last edited by jlr4travel; Jul 7, 2010 at 11:31 am Reason: found the fare through different search
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:46 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
I just put a couple on hold. Gonna decide tonight whether to pull the trigger, but most likely will.

Right now have the following on hold:

AA 303 LGA 6:30a ORD 7:50a
AA 378 ORD 10:40a LGA 1:55p
AA 335 LGA 2:45p ORD 4:25p
AA 352 ORD 5:25p LGA 8:45p

But in all likelihood, I'll probably do standby on the 7:15a or 8:30a. A 6:30 flight on a Saturday is way too early.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlr4travel
I had the fare up and paused to do something. went back to the same day fares and New York (LGA) is gone. Anyone else still seeing it?

Still doable for $174 plus tax. :-( not so great

ok. I just tried searching the normal way. I found the $174 fare but when you click through, fare drops to $155 as we've been discussing here.
I have updated the OP with new instructions on how to book the $134 base, thanks for the heads up jlr4travel
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Actually I just put an AA 7/10 same day on hold. I am waiting to see if the upgrades clear first before I purchase it. Outbound actually cleared even before I completed the transaction. If the return clears by tomorrow evening, I will purchase. I won't do unless I can upgrade both flights.

I don't need the EQMs for EXP re-qualification as my current booked travel will bring me across the 100K mark. But of course the RDMs are always good for booking super saver business award travel.

I have an hour between the outbound and return in ORD. Hopefully, its the same a/c. Also, weather looks good this Saturday so I should not have an issue.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, Marriott Silver
The lowest fare available now on United for ORD-LGA-ORD on Saturday is $87 each way or $195 a.i .

However for those who also have status on American, ORD-LGA -ORD flights on AA are available at $67 each way or total of $155.40 a.i. Multiple flight times are available at this price.

Have therefore booked a trip on American for Saturday and a couple of reservations on United in late July and August.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by midhaarun
The lowest fare available now on United for ORD-LGA-ORD on Saturday is $87 each way or $195 a.i .
The 155.4 is still there for UA same day RT ORD-LGA. Just simply follow op's modified instruction and you'll get it. Too bad I already have my plane for the weekend and hope the price will be last in the following weeks. I'm also surprised there is still a lot of open seats.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Q fare vs O fare on AA

I noticed that the AA fare has expanded availability a bit - you can fly out on Friday evening from LGA-ORD, for example. Still $155 ai.

And AA filed a different fare class with the same price - the new one is in O class. From what I know, this should not affect the bonus or mileage earning for a LGA-ORD flight. Is that still correct information? Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:43 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by gomike
UA: ORD-LGA 134+ on July 10th same day turn 3x EQM and RDM

MUST START SEARCH FROM THIS PAGE FOR UA
http://travel.united.com/ube/efares/us/eFares.do

LGA has been taken off the same day efare list to get this fare you need to still start your search through the efare page, go ahead and click Chicago, then any other city, I did ABQ, click search, now go and modify the search and change ABQ to LGA. You will still get the $134 base fare.

AA has also matched. Thanks HedgeFundie
Very nice! Thanks a ton gomike! ^
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by cchuang1980
I'm also surprised there is still a lot of open seats.
Well that's why they have to do this last minute efare deals. If you look at the seatmap, even they may not be 100% accurate, there are not that many open seats especially out of ORD for 7am, there is only a few middle seats left in E+, only 2pm and 3pm have many open seats in E+. And for the return, there are only a few E+ seats left for the 7:15pm.

I will be on the 11am ish flight ORD-LGA
How did you able to do the 11am ORD-LGA still price out for $155 ai ?

I thought the cheap flights out of ORD are only 7am, 2pm, and 3pm. And the return cheap flights are 6pm and 7:15pm.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 7, 2010 at 2:11 pm
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, Lifetime UA Silver
JetBlue has matched as well. Too bad TrueBlue TrulySucks...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
Nothing in the terms say you must have been the recipient of the email. So either the terms are wrong or the agent you spoke to is wrong.
GOMIKE, I'm not sure if you were targeted for the UA Triple EQM or not. Regardless, I'll address my comments to others who, like me, would seem to be eligible based on the rules, but might be deemed ineligible because they were not targeted by the email. While I did receive the "Thank you for registering" message on .bomb after entering MPD600 and my MP 1K#, I noticed over several days that the specific Triple EQM promotion never appeared on the "My Promotions" page on .bomb. This prompted me to call MP and speak over two days with 2 different Service Directors/Supervisors (not just run of the mill "agents"). Both informed me that while the system acknowledged I had tried to register, the fact that I had not been targeted precluded my registration from being completed. As the Director pointed out, the fact that the promotion was not showing up on the "My Promotions" page despite my having registered was "a dead giveaway", and verification that passengers who are ineligible (i.e., not targeted) will not be allowed to complete the registration process.

So, while some flyers may relish fighting for "disputed" miles with Mileage Plus after they've flown, I'd personally rather know in advance if I'm going to get the Triple EQM or not. I just wanted to share my experience in case there are others like me who thought they were registered, only to subsequently find out they were not.

As a Triple EQM promo, these fares and the EQM are great. Without the Triple EQM from UA, I'm not sure they're that worthy of a mileage run. Just one flyer's two cents.....

Of course, if UA would just make it available to all (like the DAArk Side apparently did), then all of this would be a moot point.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MillionMilerMan
GOMIKE, I'm not sure if you were targeted for the UA Triple EQM or not. Regardless, I'll address my comments to others who, like me, would seem to be eligible based on the rules, but might be deemed ineligible because they were not targeted by the email. While I did receive the "Thank you for registering" message on .bomb after entering MPD600 and my MP 1K#, I noticed over several days that the specific Triple EQM promotion never appeared on the "My Promotions" page on .bomb. This prompted me to call MP and speak over two days with 2 different Service Directors/Supervisors (not just run of the mill "agents"). Both informed me that while the system acknowledged I had tried to register, the fact that I had not been targeted precluded my registration from being completed. As the Director pointed out, the fact that the promotion was not showing up on the "My Promotions" page despite my having registered was "a dead giveaway", and verification that passengers who are ineligible (i.e., not targeted) will not be allowed to complete the registration process.

So, while some flyers may relish fighting for "disputed" miles with Mileage Plus after they've flown, I'd personally rather know in advance if I'm going to get the Triple EQM or not. I just wanted to share my experience in case there are others like me who thought they were registered, only to subsequently find out they were not.

As a Triple EQM promo, these fares and the EQM are great. Without the Triple EQM from UA, I'm not sure they're that worthy of a mileage run. Just one flyer's two cents.....

Of course, if UA would just make it available to all (like the DAArk Side apparently did), then all of this would be a moot point.
And I am just pointing out that the terms of the promotion do not state that you must be targeted for the promotion. Only that you must reside in one of targeted states.

Did you point out to MP the terms of the promotion as printed on the webpage?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
remember to use 10% discount coupon on AA flight! That will beat all of his competitors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.