Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Will I get the ORD bonus for this MR (AA)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, UA "joe regular"

I need 3300EQMs by Feb 28th to complete my PLT Challenge and though about going to ORD and back from FLL twice. Then I entered the following in aa.com:

FLL-STL
STL-ORD
ORD-LAX
LAX-FLL

This gave me FLL-DFW-STL-ORD-LAX-FLL which gives me the EQMs I need. But will I get the 5000 mile bonus?

Also, for the same price as that routing, I can do FLL-STL-FLL twice (with stops in DFW both ways). I get the almost exact miles/EQMs but have to spend 2 days. Any preference? Thanks.

T
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Tchaka
FLL-STL
STL-ORD
ORD-LAX
LAX-FLL

This gave me FLL-DFW-STL-ORD-LAX-FLL

T
It depends on what AA considers to be your destination. Chances are the system will see a circle trip, FLL-STL, STL-LAX, LAX-FLL. This, obviously would not qualify.

What price are you getting?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
It depends on what AA considers to be your destination. Chances are the system will see a circle trip, FLL-STL, STL-LAX, LAX-FLL. This, obviously would not qualify.

What price are you getting?
I *was* getting about $265 all in, but it just jumped up $40. I'm thinking I might just do a quick FLL-DFW-STL-DFW-FLL for $149 all in. I can leave mid-morning and be back a little over 12 hours later. Then maybe grab another later in the month.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
How about flying FLL-XXX-ORD for $189 all in? An additional $40 for 5000 (and change) miles?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:50 pm

FLL-DFW-ORD will yield you 3842 miles and 1921 EQP on a cheap fare. Two of these trips would complete your challenge and actually earn you two of the 5,000 bonuses.

But since you're doing 2 of them you might as well do another and get the full 25,000 bonus points $567 all in and you'll earn:
1st trip:
3842 base miles
5000 promo
250 online booking bonus

2nd trip:
3842 base miles
1119 plat bonus since you hit plat on the last leg
5000 promo
250 online booking bonus

3rd trip:
3842 base miles
3842 plat bonus
15000 promo
250 online booking bonus

TOTAL: 42,237 or 1.34 cents per RDM ^
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm, that's an idea. Thanks Frogger and Ice!

Last edited by Tchaka; Feb 6, 2007 at 10:48 pm
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
AA is pretty strict on ORD being CLEARLY an origin or destination, and absolutely NOT a connection. They look thru the flight activity & PNRs as needed to confirm that when a problem arises, a trip doesn't post, etc.
So, you have to think on completely separate PNRs for this. Book that whole itinerary as one trip and you'll get nada as far as the ORD promo goes. Book ORD as an origin of one, a destination of another, then that's a diff. story.

It's totally different than the recent DFW promos where you could use DFW as a connection.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 3:47 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Also just to point out the obvious you will have to requal with 50k this year. you're challenging for only 12 months of status.

I personally would go grab the 3 RTs to ORD. Or see if you can fit a run to MSP in the middle on a seperate ticket on one of them.

The bonus miles will post up to a month after you fly.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tenmoc
Also just to point out the obvious you will have to requal with 50k this year. you're challenging for only 12 months of status.

I personally would go grab the 3 RTs to ORD. Or see if you can fit a run to MSP in the middle on a seperate ticket on one of them.

The bonus miles will post up to a month after you fly.
Correction - You're challenging for 12 months of PLATINUM.
Next year you would fall to Gold, but that's still status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.