Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deal" premium fares

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 3:12 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
Gotcha. How about the business class question?
Try searching out of ORD, NYC, or YYZ. Will not work on codeshares out of SFO etc.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was looking for a business class flight to europe for a last minute trip and after looking thru a range of east and west coast gateways to try to avoid the $7k fare I was seeing for ex-SEA I found that SQ is selling JFK-FRA pretty cheaply, right up until departure for about $2700 RT AI. This is a decent fare, particularly right up against the departure date, the only thing I could find to rival it is AI out of ORD and Icelandair out of a number of gateways. Fare basis is DSPCLTA and the only real restrictions I see are a max 30 day stay.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 4:30 pm

LH 2 for 1 business class: India->Europe/US

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...light%20offers
Old Oct 23, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
fantastic

This is great. I went to the link, but could not get the answer. Will this offer be valid for US to India? It would be great to see India 2 for 1 in business class from USA.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
This is great. I went to the link, but could not get the answer. Will this offer be valid for US to India? It would be great to see India 2 for 1 in business class from USA.
That is an amazing fare...just give it to Japan then I will go nuts!
Old Oct 23, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Seeing as the terms on the page specifically say "to select destinations in Europe and the USA" and the only selections in the 'From' dropdown are in India, I would think this is only ex-India
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by mikelat
Seeing as the terms on the page specifically say "to select destinations in Europe and the USA" and the only selections in the 'From' dropdown are in India, I would think this is only ex-India
This is only a way for LH to increase C loads ex-India.

They are severely threatened by the Gulf carriers, who are selling C class ex-India for under 1 lakh (100,000/-) rupees, so this is not that great a deal, unless you like flying LH!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Originally Posted by stephem
I was looking for a business class flight to europe for a last minute trip and after looking thru a range of east and west coast gateways to try to avoid the $7k fare I was seeing for ex-SEA I found that SQ is selling JFK-FRA pretty cheaply, right up until departure for about $2700 RT AI. This is a decent fare, particularly right up against the departure date, the only thing I could find to rival it is AI out of ORD and Icelandair out of a number of gateways. Fare basis is DSPCLTA and the only real restrictions I see are a max 30 day stay.
This fare is commonly there year-round and varies in price depending on the season but is often one of the cheaper options for JFK-FRA and frequently doesn't require a Saturday night stay like many of the other options on the route. I haven't flown it but a number of my coworkers have because of the price and/or Sat night requirements when they were looking for options on flights.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:16 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by stephem
Try Turkish TK which has some great deals in J. It is a *A as well.
But that is a good deal on SQ too.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:33 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
This is only a way for LH to increase C loads ex-India.

They are severely threatened by the Gulf carriers, who are selling C class ex-India for under 1 lakh (100,000/-) rupees, so this is not that great a deal, unless you like flying LH!
The departure dates are only good until end of October (5 days). Looks like a good deal for last-minute trips.

And while the maximum stay is supposedly 6 months, the latest one can return is December 23 (2009)
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:19 am

Business Class UA SEA-TPE $2813 all-in

Received an e-mail about SEA-TPE fares and checked Expedia for Business Class fares. Booked as two one-way tickets, and with the SEA-SFO segment booked in Economy, the total cost round trip was $2812.90 all-in for the dates 11/11-11/18/2009. Other dates were higher.

Robert Brown
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:23 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
The departure dates are only good until end of October (5 days). Looks like a good deal for last-minute trips.

And while the maximum stay is supposedly 6 months, the latest one can return is December 23 (2009)
Yeah, and EUR 200 for each change!

(Probably per pax)
Old Oct 31, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Robert Brown
Received an e-mail about SEA-TPE fares and checked Expedia for Business Class fares. Booked as two one-way tickets, and with the SEA-SFO segment booked in Economy, the total cost round trip was $2812.90 all-in for the dates 11/11-11/18/2009. Other dates were higher.

Robert Brown
Thanks. If only I could get this from SFO...
Old Oct 31, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by larciel
i found an ok deal for those who wanna take first class

ka and oz
lax-icn-nrt $4k

found on orbitz.
is that roundtrip.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 8:08 pm

Thanks. If only I could get this from SFO...
I checked Expedia from SFO-TPE, the one way fares were $1468 and $1296 respectively

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.