Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deal" premium fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:54 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Pacha
anyoway - I got it ticketed over the phone with TK.
May I ask which phone number your called? The 24h reservation center of TK (+90 212 444 0 849)?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
May I ask which phone number your called? The 24h reservation center of TK (+90 212 444 0 849)?
yep

press 9 for english, 1 for rez, 2 for international and 1 again for new res
(as you can see, it took a few tries )
Old Jan 16, 2009, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Did you try 800-874-8875? Should get you to the same place and be toll free.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by vysean
Question on the TK fare - if I am traveling by myself can I simply book a LASTNAME/EXTRASEAT -type thing (fake person)? My reading of the fare rules is you must have a companion?
I say you offer it up on coupon connection , saying you want good karma.

I'm guessing you'll get a valid passport number, along with a new travel companion, with in 2 days.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Pacha
[...] I got it ticketed over the phone with TK. I paid TRY 2333 alll in for two to HKG.
Pacha, many thanks for your help! ^ Also got it ticketed over the phone, was no problem at all. The lady at the call center was very friendly and efficient to deal with. Was really surprised by this experience, much better than the Indian callcenter of BD...

I chose HKG as destination too, great city and looking forward to the new B77W on this route! May I ask on which dates you're flying? Please feel free to send me a PM.

And of course also thanks to Gnoops for originally posting this valentines offer!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Pacha, many thanks for your help! ^ Also got it ticketed over the phone, was no problem at all. The lady at the call center was very friendly and efficient to deal with. Was really surprised by this experience, much better than the Indian callcenter of BD...

I chose HKG as destination too, great city and looking forward to the new B77W on this route! May I ask on which dates you're flying? Please feel free to send me a PM.

And of course also thanks to Gnoops for originally posting this valentines offer!
I can't find any info about this to BKK or HKG, is there any page available with info?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:36 am
Suspended

Was really surprised by this experience, much better than the Indian callcenter of BD...
A cross line with the Chuckle Brothers would be better than the BD Indian call centre.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by Mofomat
A cross line with the Chuckle Brothers would be better than the BD Indian call centre.
Those guys are the Indian Chuckle Brothers
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Mofomat
LOL As true as it can get. Calling the BD hotline always reminds me of the film "Outsourced"...
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps
I can't find any info about this to BKK or HKG, is there any page available with info?
Not that I'm aware of. The only reference I was able to find was in the TK inflight magazine, but there only European destinations are listed. I also wasn't able to get the fare displayed on expertflyer. However, the fare is loaded in the GDS and definitely bookable (under the limitations set in the fare rules).
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by Gnopps
ITA shows all of these fares if you specify 2 adults and the POS in IST

Non-companion fares are higher but still nice.

Thanks Gnopps for alerting us to this and Pacha for going ahead and actually booking one. You guys have been my heroes for the last few days ^

Frequent_Flyer1, did you get hit with the TRY159 per pax service fee as well? I'm looking for an agent in IST to avoid it, if possible.

A word of advice to anyone trying to book it, too: Apparently, you can tag on a couple domestic segments in Turkey/North Cyprus for a marginal increase in fuel surcharges only (ca. US$50 per pax). Each domestic tag one way would bring 1200 membership miles with BD / 2000 with Miles and Less plus whatever your status bonus is. A positioning flight from Europe to, say, AYT would be no harder to find than one to IST, I guess

Last edited by apoivre; Jan 23, 2009 at 9:34 am
Old Jan 23, 2009, 8:51 am

First Class Fares - airline

I am aware of how to use the FC site where you can look up YUP fares for specific airlines and travel between a specific destination and general areas (Europe, Asia, South America) of the world. Is there a way on FC or elsewhere to look up actual first class fares (not YUPs) for specific airlines, specific departure airports and general areas of the world?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by upgrader
I am aware of how to use the FC site where you can look up YUP fares for specific airlines and travel between a specific destination and general areas (Europe, Asia, South America) of the world. Is there a way on FC or elsewhere to look up actual first class fares (not YUPs) for specific airlines, specific departure airports and general areas of the world?
expertflyer.com
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by qasr
expertflyer.com
and waste countless hours at work trying to find good deals.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:20 am

Sorry, but I can't see how expertflyer lets me plug in a departure city and a general world area, not a specific destination. It also appears you can only check one specific first class fare (F, A, etc.) rather than just asking for any first class fares that are available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.