FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1870720-ua-lax-sin-384-rt-17520mi-2-2cpm.html)

SeanTek Nov 4, 2017 10:09 am

Originally Posted by cagcag (Post 29017648)
K fare basis is NOT upgradeable lusing GPUs. A fare badis of W or higher is requored to apply a GPU.

I see. So it's MPU or bust.

Another possibility is to upfare it to P class (?) discounted business...? But wouldn't that be more expensive...?

mr8 Nov 4, 2017 10:08 pm

It looks like UA 37 departs out of terminal 7 which has a united Club, but has anyone tried using the Star Alliance lounge in tom bradley?

CApreppie Nov 4, 2017 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by mr8 (Post 29019671)
It looks like UA 37 departs out of terminal 7 which has a united Club, but has anyone tried using the Star Alliance lounge in tom bradley?

I don't think it should be a problem if you are Star Gold. You don't have to leave security to get there. Tom Bradley is connected to terminal 5 with a post-security/sterile hallway now and you can get all the way to terminal 8 now without leaving security.

985X Nov 5, 2017 12:57 am

Originally Posted by CApreppie (Post 29019709)
I don't think it should be a problem if you are Star Gold. You don't have to leave security to get there. Tom Bradley is connected to terminal 5 with a post-security/sterile hallway now and you can get all the way to terminal 8 now without leaving security.

For a faster access to *A lounge, I would recommend take shuttle A line on ground level (follow blue signs) pre-security. Drop off at TBIT and pass security check and hop to the lounge. It should be must faster than walking from T7 to TBIT and then walk back. In this case you only walk one-way(still quite long) if you take the shuttle.

Kmxu Nov 5, 2017 7:50 am

Air side access to *A lounge at LAX: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-flyer-10.html

paagal12 Nov 5, 2017 6:35 pm

Can I be put on the list for trip.(s).

11-5 lax - sin
11-8 sin-lax
11-8 lax-sin
11-12 sin-lax

Thanks

Newyorker1905 Nov 7, 2017 5:35 pm

11/8 - LAX to SIN

PM me if you are on the same flight.

Voldoo Nov 9, 2017 12:27 pm

deleted

B747forever Nov 9, 2017 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker1905 (Post 29032812)
11/8 - LAX to SIN

PM me if you are on the same flight.

The flight yesterday took 17hrs 50min! Hope you are staying at least one night.

SeanTek Nov 9, 2017 9:05 pm

Well, here we go...boarding soon. Business class sold out. :( at least I got E+

notsosmart Nov 10, 2017 12:29 am

Are ya'll doing this in Y with immediate turnarounds!?

That's murder on your butt.

bsdstone Nov 10, 2017 7:07 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart (Post 29043093)
Are ya'll doing this in Y with immediate turnarounds!?

That's murder on your butt.

That's what I did, and honestly it wasn't that bad! I slept at least 8 hours of it, and then walked quite a bit in the 4+ hours in between flights. The free foot massagers in the airport helped as well :)

BThumme Nov 10, 2017 8:14 am

Originally Posted by SeanTek (Post 29042660)
Well, here we go...boarding soon. Business class sold out. :( at least I got E+

Same...I’m #10 on the wait list....as a 1k. I booked when not a single seat was taken. I feel oddly frustrated, but that’s the game we play.

I was offered to volunteer ord-lax, so maybe instead of s voucher if they need me, they could hook me up in biz either on ua 37 or ua 2.

Gonna be a long two and a half days.

pbartp Nov 10, 2017 11:06 am

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 29044174)
Same...I’m #10 on the wait list....as a 1k. I booked when not a single seat was taken. I feel oddly frustrated, but that’s the game we play.

I was offered to volunteer ord-lax, so maybe instead of s voucher if they need me, they could hook me up in biz either on ua 37 or ua 2.

Gonna be a long two and a half days.

Did you notice how far out before departure biz cabin started filling up? My flight departs in 12 days and is only 25% full (according to seat map--which I know I can't rely on)

BThumme Nov 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by pbartp (Post 29044873)
Did you notice how far out before departure biz cabin started filling up? My flight departs in 12 days and is only 25% full (according to seat map--which I know I can't rely on)

About two and a half weeks out it half the cabin filled. It went from F9 to F0, and I haven’t even seen the flight for sale this week. I watched seats slowly deplete, and then all of a sudden, there was nothing. Then one or two seats popped back up, but then they disappeared.

Didn’t need a volunteer for ord-lax, but the app is asking me if I want to volunteer lax-sin.

Hypothetically...what would make the most sense? Get a travel voucher, fly back to dtw, and get ORC? There’s no other way to make my connection back to sfo the next morning.