Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
*A forum thread LAX - TBIT star alliance lounge access

Copy from wiki of this thread for the airside directions between T7/8 and TBIT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1612275-psa-upcoming-lax-facility-changes-26.html

T7/T8 to TBIT via tunnel, about 40 min walk with average speed (copied mostly from a blog; http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...-security.html ):

If you are flying through Los Angeles and are connecting airlines, just follow the signs that are located near the far southern end of each terminal to connect via underground tunnel to the other terminals.

When in TBIT, walk past the KE/one world lounge to the end of concourse - take a right handed u turn, up the escalator and the *A lounge is there.

In terminal 4, access the tunnel via the escalator that reads gate 44A-L
Continue to follow the signs to baggage claim, walk past the waiting room is for the bus to Terminal 6 or the American Eagle remote terminal.

to access the tunnels from Delta terminal in T5, the escalator leading to the tunnels is near the entrance to the Sky club near.

The access point from Terminal 6 is near Alaska Airlines' gates, across from the Alaska Airline Board Room and near the Ruby's diner. The tunnel ends at terminal 6, so you must exit the tunnel and access terminal 7 & 8 by above ground walkways which are near the terminal exit and security screening center.

Operation hours from *A site as of August 28, 2021:
Opening hours and facility information may not be accurate due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are doing our best to keep it up to date.”

Opening hours

MON 09:00-01:00
TUE 09:00-01:00
WED 07:00-01:00
THU 07:00-01:00
FRI 09:00-01:00
SAT 07:00-01:00
SUN 07:00-01:00

For comments on the T7 UC, see New LAX T7 UC preview 28 Nov / opened 06 Dec 2016
Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Print Wikipost

Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:53 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hergertarian
I'm flying in first, LAX -> SFO, on United. Will I have access to the First section of the *A lounge at LAX? The *A website is a bit unclear about domestic itineraries...
The First section of TBIT is for international first and domestic first does not qualify.

And unless you are *G for any *A carrier or are continuing on a *A flight in a premium international cabin, you will not have access to the *A TBIT lounge.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Alaska,Delta,SW,Lufthansa
UA LAX (+EWR) lounge & transport question

Traveling LAX-EWR-ATH in a couple of weeks in Biz. Is the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT significantly better that the UC in T7? Is there any way to get from TBIT to T7 (airside) w/o walking .75 mile (wife has bad knee)? Got 2.5+ hrs in EWR. Any better options than the UC? (When I booked in Jan I was under the impression that the Polaris lounge stood a good chance of being at least partially opened...silly me) Thx
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Yes, no, no.
EasyGoingGuy likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EasyGoingGuy
Traveling LAX-EWR-ATH in a couple of weeks in Biz. Is the Star Alliance Lounge in TBIT significantly better that the UC in T7? ...
Yes
Originally Posted by EasyGoingGuy
... Is there any way to get from TBIT to T7 (airside) w/o walking .75 mile (wife has bad knee)? ....
You can go TBIT to T7 airside -- it is a walk but closer to 1/2 miles. You will be up and down escalators / or elevators. To catch a bus you will have to exit the secure area.

Walking directions are in the wiki

You probably can get wheelchair assistance
EasyGoingGuy likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
LAX Lounge Question

Flying in from MEL to LAX and connecting to ORD. Looking to take a shower after the MEL leg, but I know the UA club doesnt have a shower. Is there a way to get to the start alliance lounge and take a shower there? Would I just act as though i am an international transfer and head to that lounge?

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by nyr2299
Flying in from MEL to LAX and connecting to ORD. Looking to take a shower after the MEL leg, but I know the UA club doesnt have a shower. Is there a way to get to the start alliance lounge and take a shower there? Would I just act as though i am an international transfer and head to that lounge?

Thanks
As with all international arrivals in the US, you will be dumped landside after clearing customs. You can then re-clear security at TBIT and head to the *A lounge. You can then proceed airside from TBIT to T7 to catch your UA flight - it's about a 20 minute walk so be prepared for the time. As all of TBIT and T4-T8 are connected airside, it doesn't really matter which way you go to re-clear security.

Note that you must be *G to access the lounge, as an arrival in UA J is not sufficient.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nyr2299
...Would I just act as though i am an international transfer and head to that lounge?...Thanks
Not sure what you mean by that, but once clearing customs/immigration, you should be able to get back into the terminal with your next flight's BP and head to the lounge. If you are United Premier Gold or better, you will have access based on your departing UA flight. Your arriving flight means diddly because it's a departure lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Not the easiest way to go, but yes, you can use Star Lounge

Originally Posted by aacharya
No issues at all with lounge access. Getting there....well..
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's not inconvenient at all and well worth it for the shower and overall lounge experience (IMO). To avoid long lines at TBIT security, you can reclear security either at the TBIT "connections" security (pre-check lite) or in T4 (where there's real pre-check).
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Update with my experience this morning:

From entering Terminal 4 Pre line to *A Lounge via bridge - about 10 minutes
Left the lounge at 1036 sharp - arrived at my UA gate 73 at 1056 with a brisk, but far from athletic walk.

Breakfast was head and shoulders above either the UC or MLL options, and as I was leaving, lunch was brought out and was equally substantial.

I think the suggestions of a 25-30 minutes walk between terminals is a little long - if I can do it in 10-15 min, it's very easy and almost on par with going from the IAH north terminal lounge to the E gates.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Is it worth going over from T7/8 and back with a 3 hour connection?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by gusd
Is it worth going over from T7/8 and back with a 3 hour connection?
Yes.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Yes.
Thank you.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:05 am

Question Los Angeles (LAX) Star Alliance Question

All -
Re-Qualifed for *G this year through United Mileage Plus. I frequent LAX both the united terminal (7/8) and TBIT for Asiana flights. With the recent "modernization" of LAX aka terminal connecters; is it possible to clear security at TBIT (on a UA *G ticket), enter the *G lounge and then proceed to terminals (7/8) without leaving the sterile area? I would of course go carry on and pre print my boarding pass to avoid having to go to term. 7/8 and then backtrack to TBIT to then backtrack to the UA gates.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BerkeleyGoldschmidt
All -
Re-Qualifed for *G this year through United Mileage Plus. I frequent LAX both the united terminal (7/8) and TBIT for Asiana flights. With the recent "modernization" of LAX aka terminal connecters; is it possible to clear security at TBIT (on a UA *G ticket), enter the *G lounge and then proceed to terminals (7/8) without leaving the sterile area? I would of course go carry on and pre print my boarding pass to avoid having to go to term. 7/8 and then backtrack to TBIT to then backtrack to the UA gates.

Thanks in advance!
yes, easy to do like you described. It’s about a 15 min brisk walk. However, keep in mind that TBIT doesn’t have precheck and lines can be long..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.