Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Happy 2017!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:
“Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2017 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
For the above Hawaii fare it is now also working from MAN, BHX and EDI
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:12 pm

I booked JFK-LIS with a free stopover in CMN last night for ~400. Wide open. 3 hour layover at CMW on the return though. Hard to credit anywhere useful, but good price for a family trip.

Last edited by shuom; Mar 7, 2017 at 10:29 pm Reason: corrected airport
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Originally Posted by shuom
I booked JFK-LIS with a free stopover in CMW last night for ~400. Wide open. 3 hour layover at CMW on the return though. Hard to credit anywhere useful, but good price for a family trip.
On RAM with layover in CMN. It would be odd to have a layover in Cuba.

Available till around mid June.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Originally Posted by Airfan
Search on Google Flights; books on Icelandair's website. Flights operated by JetBlue and Icelandair. Potential free stopover in Iceland.
This is part of Icelandair's sale for new service from PHL. PHL-KEF is as low as $399 till July 11th. Pretty good for a summer Iceland trip.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:40 am

New to this

Hey guys I'm new to this. Are the deals here posted quicker than the ones on SF? Inquiring minds would like to know, because once SF posts it, there's a good chance the deal might go dead fairly quickly. So if FT posts things quicker that would be best.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Driven562
Hey guys I'm new to this. Are the deals here posted quicker than the ones on SF? Inquiring minds would like to know, because once SF posts it, there's a good chance the deal might go dead fairly quickly. So if FT posts things quicker that would be best.
Non inquiring minds will tell you that SF scans these forum as well as numerous others to pass that information as well on their own forum. Whoever finds a deal on their own will post it on whatever blog he/she fells like, there is no "MAIN" blog per se.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Very good open jaw fares on AY from Europe.
Around $200 !!

https://www.kayak.com/flights/BRU-BK...BRU/2017-06-08

Play around but a lot of combinations are possible
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:47 pm

recent FD dump deal?

Originally Posted by arollins
Non inquiring minds will tell you that SF scans these forum as well as numerous others to pass that information as well on their own forum. Whoever finds a deal on their own will post it on whatever blog he/she fells like, there is no "MAIN" blog per se.
thank you for that response. Now my question is, which site posted that Fuel dump deal to South Africa and tons of places in Sough Asia for as low as $250, three days ago. lol.
That guy/girl is a genius. Unfortunately after SF posted it, many people had got emails from the airlines saying their flight was cancelled.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mict
Around $200 !!

Thanks for posting. I made use. Did some playing around, but couldn't get it to trigger the pricing unless I used BKK and TYO/FUK/KIX. Any other combinations you found? Had another look today, and the fares are still there, but now with another 0 at the end.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
http://www.flynous.com/cheap-open-ja...pan-from-e169/

Already blogged out, someone can confirm me that the cheapest combination is: Europe-Xian-Haneda-Europe?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Costa Coffee
Originally Posted by Mict
Around $200 !!

Is this dead? I can't fine anything under EUR500.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Amygdala28
Is this dead? I can't fine anything under EUR500.
Dead. Look 2 posts upthread!

Originally Posted by danielm
Had another look today, and the fares are still there, but now with another 0 at the end.
I actually got one of these AY bookings for 240 EUR and am still kicking myself that I could have got it for 220 EUR I bagged BUD-HEL-HKG/ITM-NRT-HEL-BUD, and even considered booking BUD-BKK/NRT-BUD for 215 EUR as well (wish I had now!).

Incidentally, if anyone is crediting to BAEC it might be worth crediting to Iberia Plus instead as some of these book into higher earnings on their FFP. That is of course if you don't need the Tier Points.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:03 am

Route: DFW(BA|AA) - JFK(IB) - MAD (QR)- DOH(QR) - BCN(BA|AA) - DFW
OTA: Expedia
Fare: $718
Availability: between Oct 15 and Nov 31
Class: O ( I think)

I started playing with fare deal spotted on blog (theflightdeal). You can add another US leg (before ending at DFW) but Expedia limits to 5 segment only.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi folks,

Lufthansa has great sub €450 roundtrips over Easter from BRU-FRA-IAH-LIB. IAH-LIB operated by UA. If you prefer flying UA the whole way there are also fares around €410 for the same route.

http://www.momondo.co.uk/flightsearc...false&NA=false

There are also other good deals around this price with the same route but to other Central American countries e.g. Nicaragua, Panama.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Hi folks,

Lufthansa has great sub €450 roundtrips over Easter from BRU-FRA-IAH-LIB. IAH-LIB operated by UA. If you prefer flying UA the whole way there are also fares around €410 for the same route.
You mean LIR = Liberia, Costa Rica
LIB = Limbunya, Australia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.