Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/ANA LAX-NRT-BKK $635 for 16,680 PQM @ 3.8 c/PQM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Wangta
Yeah I had this happen to me once - not sure if they do it every time though.
Anyone who did this have any experience to share? I get in to BKK at 9:35pm on ANA, and leave ANA at 6 AM the next morning. I'm not planning on leaving the airport - I shouldn't run in to any problems should I? Never been on a TPAC before, so never interacted with the Asian airports.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Looks like this is still live through January 2016; seeing lots of dates SFO-BKK at $637 the last three weeks of January. SFO - NRT - BKK and return. UA metal to NRT; then ANA in K to BKK. Works out to approx. 3.9 cpm.

Thanks to the OP; I'm looking to bump my status in the first two months of 2016 and this will really help. ^
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Looks like this is still live through January 201^
Just checked, and I priced it out SFO-NRT-BKK for all of February and even a few sporadic times in March.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:00 pm

A question for those experienced MRs. I was booking on United.com and found that I could not assign a seat on the ANA segments. Do you all just go with it and pray that for a 7hr segment, you get lucky with exit row or aisle? Or are there things that can be done to ensure a decent seat?

Being 6'4', this is of critical concern before I pull the trigger on this MR. Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by IamBartman
A question for those experienced MRs. I was booking on United.com and found that I could not assign a seat on the ANA segments. Do you all just go with it and pray that for a 7hr segment, you get lucky with exit row or aisle? Or are there things that can be done to ensure a decent seat?

Being 6'4', this is of critical concern before I pull the trigger on this MR. Thanks!
Call United, get the ANA record locator, Call ANA, request seat.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:39 pm

Such a prompt reply; boy do I love this community. Thank you very much!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by IamBartman
Such a prompt reply; boy do I love this community. Thank you very much!
As a fellow tall man, 6ft 7in, I would definitely suggest calling ANA and getting your bulkhead/exit preassigned.

I was able to secure a set of 3 on the NRT-BKK segment on a 777 (luck not skill); then exit row aisle on the return 788.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:28 pm

Another noob question. I am currently Silver UA, but will be Platinum by the end of the year, and Gold by October 31. If I book this MR now for next February in E-, will I be able to change to E+ once my Gold status kicks in? Or should I wait and see if the deal is still around once I turn Gold?

Would this have any negative effects on getting quality seats on the ANA legs? Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:37 pm

#38:

I don't think it matters whether you are Plat/Gold/Silver when it comes to making seat-selection on ANA. I am 1K, and I got one all the way in the back when I flew KUL-NRT at a short notice.

I would suggest that you buy ticket, get PNR for ANA ( from UA), call ANA and get the best seat you can get now....later with status upgrade, you may try again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.