UA: EWR-MXP $404 RT Must buy 2 tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: EWR-MXP $404 RT Must buy 2 tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: united airlines
If this deal is gone, as I gather it is, shouldn't it be moved, so people won't waste there time thinking about the unattainable?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by TheCount2
Maybe this is grounds for a DOT complaint.
Agreed. Already filed as soon as I got off the phone.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Swiss Segment Never Confirmed

Had similar experience with MXP flights. Booked, and then got an email that UA could not confirm my Swiss segment and to contact UA for alternatives. When I called I was told "sorry"....fare no longer exists. My proposal to UA was to skip the Zurich to Milan segment on Swiss, but they still would not honor the fare. Not nice! Good thing I hadn't gone ahead and booked a nonrefundable hotel.
I really detest these codeshares, as had the same delay with ticketing, etc. last summer with Aegean and Croatian Airlines. PIA and no advance seat assignments to boot.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PHLisa
Agreed. Already filed as soon as I got off the phone.
not grounds for a DOT complaint. Why would this be the case? Unless you have a ticket number there is no contract. Swiss is notorious for not confirming segments on cheap tickets, that was a big mistake.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Yeah codeshares are so problematic. for example on award fares, any changes has to cancel all codeshares and rebook (even on an unrelated return). Sometimes that fails and my award booking falls to pieces! (rebooking does not always mean they release that award seat back!)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I made a booking with UA (on TK) two years ago and it took so long to confirm that I never went for the flight. Called in and got it refunded after departure!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.