Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: SEA-HKG, 5.1 cpm, 1-2 night turn, few scattered dates in Feb/Mar

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
Well; as a K fare is not upgradeable... you do the maths :P
There are more round about routings that are upgrade eligible, e.g. SEA-SFO/LAX-HNL-GUM-HKG, where only HNL-GUM isn't upgrade friendly. Of course, whether or not that's an improvement is debatable.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by okrogius
There are more round about routings that are upgrade eligible, e.g. SEA-SFO/LAX-HNL-GUM-HKG, where only HNL-GUM isn't upgrade friendly. Of course, whether or not that's an improvement is debatable.
How does one get to HKG from the States using a GPU if they didn't purchase a W or higher fare? Not "unfriendly," it's impossible, isn't it? (Or is GUM a special case when it comes to upgrades?)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by itsme
How does one get to HKG from the States using a GPU if they didn't purchase a W or higher fare? Not "unfriendly," it's impossible, isn't it? (Or is GUM a special case when it comes to upgrades?)
If you route SFO-HNL-GUM/NRT-HKG, the SFO-HNL and GUM or NRT to HKG segments are RPU/GPU eligible on any paid economy fare, but it's not like you're gonna get a lie-flat seat, but domestic or intra-asia front cabin.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
If you route SFO-HNL-GUM/NRT-HKG, the SFO-HNL and GUM or NRT to HKG segments are RPU/GPU eligible on any paid economy fare, but it's not like you're gonna get a lie-flat seat, but domestic or intra-asia front cabin.
Wow, don't know that I'll ever avail myself of it, but interesting, and surprising. Thanks.

(Can you build in stop-overs to an itinerary like that or would the fare likely blow up? Do manage to get UGs all the way through on RPUs with cheap economy tickets?)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by itsme
Wow, don't know that I'll ever avail myself of it, but interesting, and surprising. Thanks.

(Can you build in stop-overs to an itinerary like that or would the fare likely blow up? Do manage to get UGs all the way through on RPUs with cheap economy tickets?)
Stop-overs depend on the fare rules, just like the ability to check HNL or GUM in there depends on the routing rules. If they do though, throwing in HNL-GUM/NRT can add a thousand miles each way. It's possible to get UGs all the way through (except HNL-GUM/NRT or vv which isn't eligible), but of course, always depends on availability
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Premier Plat
Booked PHL-SEA-SFO-HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO-SEA-PHL

I am on the east coast, so booked a MR out of PHL to SEA, then booked SEA-SFO-HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO-SEA then from SEA back to PHL.

Mar 2: PHL-SEA
Mar 3-5: SEA-SFO-HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO-SEA
Mar 5: SEA-PHL

Total PQMs = 22,982
Total Cost = $1009.30
Mileage Run Cost = 4.39 cpm

I am using my Marriott points to stay close to SEA on the night of Mar 2.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by wxlvr
Mar 3-5: SEA-SFO-HKG-GUM-HNL-SFO-SEA
Right on. ^ ^
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Delta, Hyatt, YMCA
Thank you for sharing

I did not know that and Delta where I am Diam does not allow it. Period.
Happy New Year!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Has any one tried successfully upgrading both SFO-HNL and GUM-HKG using just ONE RPU (instead of two)? Does it involve calling in on the phone to get done?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: IC RA, UA 2P, delta pm
I called in and was told that two regionals were needed: one for SFO-HNL and a second for GUM-HKG.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
Has any one tried successfully upgrading both SFO-HNL and GUM-HKG using just ONE RPU (instead of two)? Does it involve calling in on the phone to get done?
Just one - at least using the website. Both SFO-HNL (3 cabin plane) and GUM-HKG (2 cabin) in Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.