Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

US: JFK-PHX-SFO-CLT-JFK $233 a/i same day turn (4.1 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver

Found this for 3/6. Bookable on US.com Can be <3.1cprdm with elite bonuses.

Still searching for other dates, although it looks like UA PS can be had for $219 on tuesdays and wednesdays for the next few weeks.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Do you know if you accrue miles JFK>SFO (2,586) or do you get the extra miles that the sop in PHX gets you (2,804 total), even though it's all one flight outbound? Just in general, curious if anyone knows how airlines calculate that mileage. Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Nice find OP!!

Too bad i ve already grabbed the same day LGA-PDX-LGA for $122 on 3/6. There has be to be something special about this day..!!

Still looking from sth decent to do the weekend before or after out of EWR, JFK or LGA. If i don't find anything really good for the west coast i might have to pull the trigger to Asia..!!

Originally Posted by chopkins
Do you know if you accrue miles JFK>SFO (2,586) or do you get the extra miles that the sop in PHX gets you (2,804 total), even though it's all one flight outbound? Just in general, curious if anyone knows how airlines calculate that mileage. Thanks!
I think you get credit for 1 segment and the miles for JKF-SFO.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by chopkins
I've personally never had to deal with that issue, so I'm not sure. However, I think they give you the great circle distance from JFK-SFO, so 2586, although I think you have a decent chance of appealing it. Whether 300eqm is worth the hassle is up to you.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nikolaos
Nice find OP!!

Too bad i ve already grabbed the same day LGA-PDX-LGA for $122 on 3/6. There has be to be something special about this day..!!

Still looking from sth decent to do the weekend before or after out of EWR, JFK or LGA. If i don't find anything really good for the west coast i might have to pull the trigger to Asia..!!

I think you get credit for 1 segment and the miles for JKF-SFO.
Nick, if you find something good for that weekend, let me know. Also, I just did 2x LGA-PDX-LGA last week, and it was brutal in Y-.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
Found this for 3/6. Bookable on US.com Can be <3.1cprdm with elite bonuses.

Still searching for other dates, although it looks like UA PS can be had for $219 on tuesdays and wednesdays for the next few weeks.
Already gone... US.com gave me 904 a/i
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
Nick, if you find something good for that weekend, let me know. Also, I just did 2x LGA-PDX-LGA last week, and it was brutal in Y-.
Are you crediting to A3 then or US?

I'm doing this in two days, but have exit rows all picked out.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacharya
Are you crediting to A3 then or US?

I'm doing this in two days, but have exit rows all picked out.
I credited to US; I signed up for A3 thinking I was going to do a *G qual run but then it ended up not working out.

As far as the seating went, on 1st run, I managed to talk the GA into putting me into Y+, which made the trip alot more bearable. Tried it again on run 2, and no dice. With exit rows, it should be ok, just watch out for that PDX turn. You have literally 15 minutes in the terminal before you start boarding again, so a quick run to the coffee shop past security is essential (they make a great latte).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.