Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

CO/UA/NH: SEA/SFO/LAX-NRT/GUM - MANILA rt.from $682 a.i.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO/UA/NH: SEA/SFO/LAX-NRT/GUM - MANILA rt.from $682 a.i.

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: AS, DL
DL appears to be matching

I noticed that DL is somewhat matching UA on this in case you need the skymiles (I do, since I credit them to AS).

Just booked SEA-PDX-MSP-NRT-MNL-NRT-SFO-SLC-SEA for $986 during labor day weekend on DL. Not great CPM at 5.5 cpm but what the heck.

Hope that helps someone.

Koopas
Old May 13, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by im-headed-west
What's this talk of mileage running and luggage ?

For those of us that have relatives in the Philippines, state-side family members would jump on the opportunity if they hear we're visiting by having us maximize our luggage allowances by filling it with pasalubong.
Old May 13, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, AF, BA, KE, SQ, CX, DL, TG
I can't believe that this deal still last now!.... so long... and you can stop over in SFO, HNL, and/or GUM!
Old May 13, 2012, 6:32 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by concorde02
I can't believe that this deal still last now!.... so long... and you can stop over in SFO, HNL, and/or GUM!
You have a sample date for those stopovers? I can do one in HNL and NRT for $400 more no longer $769.
Old May 13, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AAdvantage, OnePass, FlyingBlue
New guy

Everyone post these great deals and I can never find them on the travel websites. What kind of booking system do y'all use? Can you tell me step by step how to book this?
Old May 14, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by im-headed-west
What's this talk of mileage running and luggage ?

I know!!! I'm fortunate that I can combine MRs with vacations. A carry-on won't hold the sunscreen and gear for two of us.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
I know!!! I'm fortunate that I can combine MRs with vacations. A carry-on won't hold the sunscreen and gear for two of us.

I've done it many times too ... even if only a few days on the ground (god forbid) !
Old May 16, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K->AS MVP Gold 75K, IHG Spire
Island Hop

I was able to buy a couple tix from SEA with the following island hopping itinerary for $738.90 ai two days ago. All UA metal (100% PQM), an overnight in HNL, and 4 days in MNL.
SEA-LAX-HNL/HNL-MAJ-KWA-PNI-TKK-GUM-MNL/MNL-GUM-HNL-SFO-SEA
Too bad the island hop is a through flight (UA154) so I will only get the total PQM between HNL and GUM but not the 500 miles per segment between islands...
Old May 16, 2012, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by palwhatsup
... but not the 500 miles per segment between islands...
Less than 350 miles difference between the two.

Looks like fun !

^
Old May 16, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG AMB, Marriott Gold
I was able to buy a couple tix from SEA with the following island hopping itinerary for $738.90 ai two days ago. All UA metal (100% PQM), an overnight in HNL, and 4 days in MNL.
SEA-LAX-HNL/HNL-MAJ-KWA-PNI-TKK-GUM-MNL/MNL-GUM-HNL-SFO-SEA
Too bad the island hop is a through flight (UA154) so I will only get the total PQM between HNL and GUM but not the 500 miles per segment between islands...
Can you please tell me where you found this deal? I can't seem to find the return from MNL with a stopover again in GUM. Whenever I do that, the price goes up by at least $300. Thanks.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K->AS MVP Gold 75K, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by 1kdreamer
Can you please tell me where you found this deal? I can't seem to find the return from MNL with a stopover again in GUM. Whenever I do that, the price goes up by at least $300. Thanks.
I tried mutli-destination on ual.com. Leg 1: SEA-HNL on day 1. Leg 2: HNL-MNL on day 2 (i.e., overnight in HNL). Leg 3: MNL-HNL (no overnight at HNL, just connection). Leg 4: HNL-SEA.
Note that the island hop flights are not operated daily... act quick, availability is evaporating.
Old May 17, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA MM, Alaska Airlines MVP
anyone anticipate having any problems with Filipino customs/immigration if i am only there 3 hours?

also anyone know is HNL-GUM and/or the island hopper UDU eligible? thx!
Old May 17, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by hulagrrl210
also anyone know is HNL-GUM and/or the island hopper UDU eligible? thx!
Answer is No

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx

Interesting fare, found some in late August, my only concern is typhoon season during that period.

Last edited by mobilebucky; May 17, 2012 at 5:24 pm
Old May 17, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
Non-stop HNL-GUM is not eligible for CPU.

But the island hopper version IS. However, if you book the through flight, you can only be upgraded when through flight opens R space. On the other hand, if you book them seperately, you will have more chances to be upgraded, at least on some of them. But you need to pay more taxes in this case.

Originally Posted by mobilebucky
Answer is No

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/default.aspx

Interesting fare, found some in late August, my only concern is typhoon season during that period.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG AMB, Marriott Gold
I tried mutli-destination on ual.com. Leg 1: SEA-HNL on day 1. Leg 2: HNL-MNL on day 2 (i.e., overnight in HNL). Leg 3: MNL-HNL (no overnight at HNL, just connection). Leg 4: HNL-SEA.
Note that the island hop flights are not operated daily... act quick, availability is evaporating.
Thanks for the tip. I finally booked one for Sept. both as a MR and holiday/visiting relatives. I just wish I could use either my RPUs or GPUs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.