Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: SFO-JFK/JFK-SFO $219.40 a/i 1/5/11--2/19/10 (c'mon UA, match)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: SFO-JFK/JFK-SFO $219.40 a/i 1/5/11--2/19/10 (c'mon UA, match)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:10 pm

That's an awesome deal!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
have u confirmed with AA that you would earn DEQM on the DFW-SFO-DFW sector on an itin that originates at JFK/LGA-DFW-SFO and return. I mean it make sense that the DFW-SFO/LAX part of any itinerary should count. But wanted to know if it was confirmed.
Yup...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15346891-post113.html

Full thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...giveaways.html
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Damn, I wish AA would take the fare through 2/26. I've got one weekend open in January through March and that is the weekend of Febr 25-27. A MR to SFO would be a perfect way of beating the winter that weekend.
I'd do this either way

JFK-SFO with a SFO-JFK-SDQ nestled in. Cheap fare that gets you 762 F for around 1600!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I'd do this either way

JFK-SFO with a SFO-JFK-SDQ nestled in. Cheap fare that gets you 762 F for around 1600!
Actually on Saturday 2/5 I'm headed down to FLL for a day on the beach. The idea is to keep the tan going between Miami and leaving the next Saturday for Sydney. Late last summer, Spirit had a $19 ow sale from LGA to FLL ($29 if you choose your seat ahead of time) so I'd thought I would take the cheap high flying bus down to FLL for a day. Starting thinking about blowing it off to do a JFK/SFO/LAX MR instead that day but since attaining EXP should not be a problem for me next year in the end I opted for a day on the beach. Just hope to see more $99OW specials through the end of winter. I've got one already set for early January.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I'd do this either way

^
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA; Delta; US Air; BA Executive Club
Not a great deal, but for example, on UA you can do JFK-LAX-LAS-SFO-JFK on Jan. 11th and the ai price is $250.80 for a long same day turn. With the 500 mile minimum for elites on the short legs the mileage total is 6061 for a ROI of 4.1cpm. Not great, but not terrible. I wish UA would come back with those $198 RT (plus tax) specials again on this route. They have done it before.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by CruzinAway
Not a great deal, but for example, on UA you can do JFK-LAX-LAS-SFO-JFK on Jan. 11th and the ai price is $250.80 for a long same day turn. With the 500 mile minimum for elites on the short legs the mileage total is 6061 for a ROI of 4.1cpm. Not great, but not terrible. I wish UA would come back with those $198 RT (plus tax) specials again on this route. They have done it before.
Will this work on reverse.. SFO-LAX-LAS-JFK?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
For a few dollars more ($240AI) you can do SFO-DFW-LGA on AA and pickup the double status miles and double flight miles through the end of February for the SFO-DFW segment each way. As much as I love the nonstops SFO-JFK, the routing through DFW makes a lot more sense for me right now. The only way I think you can do these as same-day turnaround would be with the 0020 departure SFO-DFW, though.
http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
UA most certainly has matched competitors on this route regardless of the hype of p.s. service. I remember one Friday back in Jan or Feb of this year that I was flying on the 8:30 JFK-LAX. At 3pm at work happened to go online to see how much fares were going for. The 6pm flight and mine were selling for $99!

UA does match, but usually goes $10-20 over the others. AA seems to match or beat any competitor on this route...especially VX.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks, all! In for 2. One goes SFO-JFK. The other goes LGA-DFW-SFO-DFW-LGA.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by travelmi
Thanks, all! In for 2. One goes SFO-JFK. The other goes LGA-DFW-SFO-DFW-LGA.
I assume the LGA-DFW-SFO-DFW-LGA is an overnight at least, correct? Unless I'm missing it, I don't think it can be done this way for a SDT (same day turn).
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by johndeere19
I assume the LGA-DFW-SFO-DFW-LGA is an overnight at least, correct? Unless I'm missing it, I don't think it can be done this way for a SDT (same day turn).
It is overnight flight. SFO-DFW is 00:20 departure and 5:35 arrival.

At least no hotel is needed as I do not get into SFO until 21:00 and their AC is open.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Exec PLT; Marriott PLAT
Originally Posted by tom911
For a few dollars more ($240AI) you can do SFO-DFW-LGA on AA and pickup the double status miles and double flight miles through the end of February for the SFO-DFW segment each way. As much as I love the nonstops SFO-JFK, the routing through DFW makes a lot more sense for me right now. The only way I think you can do these as same-day turnaround would be with the 0020 departure SFO-DFW, though.
http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...&_locale=en_US

Is the segment by itself really valid? The promotion says:

"AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from November 29, 2010, through February 28, 2011. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. Open jaws and circle trips are not eligible. "
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
You have to read the AA thread. Do a search for poster "AmericanAirlines" on this thread and he's confirmed they'll count. I am referring to a round trip itinerary if that's causing any confusion.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by plat
Is the segment by itself really valid? The promotion says:

"AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from November 29, 2010, through February 28, 2011. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. Open jaws and circle trips are not eligible. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.